Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB meet. June. Who's in?

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2022, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

idunnosomename

Surely if the company cant provide service they are bound to reimburse?

Janie Jones

Yes. Otherwise strike action wouldn't hurt the rail companies so much, would it, if they got to keep all advance ticket sales.

canadagoose

OK, I've looked and there's a bus (National Express) from Stansted to Cambridge so I'm definitely still OK, provided I can get to Cambridge by the time the (reduced?) meet starts.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 08, 2022, 11:10:57 AMgot non-refundable tickets didn't i

Train man on the news said all tickets will be refunded.

Spoon of Ploff

In that case, Madometer level reduced to Lightly Bonkers.

canadagoose

Looks like some railway lines may be back on:

https://twitter.com/philatrail/status/1537015847448895490

The lack of Peterborough -> Cambridge service is a bit annoying but it looks like Stevenage to Cambridge is open. Will they accept tickets on that route I wonder?

shoulders

Thanks for that. Apparently 24th and 26th will be reduced too and RMT are telling people to simply not travel at all between 21st and 26th.

I think I'm just going to try getting down to London on the Friday and if there's no way to Cambridge from there, fuck it, weekend in London.

canadagoose

Quote from: canadagoose on June 15, 2022, 02:14:53 PMLooks like some railway lines may be back on:

https://twitter.com/philatrail/status/1537015847448895490

The lack of Peterborough -> Cambridge service is a bit annoying but it looks like Stevenage to Cambridge is open. Will they accept tickets on that route I wonder?
Kind of cacking myself about this whole thing. Will the bus to Huntingdon be packed to the gunwhales with verbwhores? What the hell is "b the busway"? Am I going to have to get a taxi to Stansted after the meet is over?

Quote from: shoulders on June 15, 2022, 02:18:50 PMThanks for that. Apparently 24th and 26th will be reduced too and RMT are telling people to simply not travel at all between 21st and 26th.

I think I'm just going to try getting down to London on the Friday and if there's no way to Cambridge from there, fuck it, weekend in London.
Well, at least it's not just me.

madhair60

I hate the railway workers. I hate them with all my bloated heart.

shiftwork2

madhair60

by hook or by gosh-darned crook, we are having a MEET this Saturday, the 25th! it will begin at 2pm, at the Earl of Beaconsfield public house, where we will gather and drink a pint or two before descending on the Cambridge Blue to get absolutely cunted and ruin our lives. Then presumably we'll eat something idk.

shoulders

QuoteWhat the hell is "b the busway"

A good late 00s CaBber, much missed.

canadagoose

canadagoose

Bugger it, I've got a refund for the train tickets, I can't be doing with the uncertainty. We're flying there instead... via Poitiers.

madhair60

bgmnts

Just to let everyone know I'm coming.

Edit - meant for Wank thread.

itsfredtitmus

Taking advantage of an already established thread and my fear of making new threads on g/e but would anyone be interested in a Liverpool/Merseyside meetup? I know there's a few scouser/merseyside people on here and I would definitely come because company I desire! - I'm unironically completely ISOLATED right now and would kill for some rubbish chatter about I'm Alan Partridge or Crass or HMHB or whatnot

idunnosomename

prime opportunity for us to visit the Only Fools bar and offer our failed comedy writer critiques of it having the wrong Reliant model etc

(genuinely might come down to a liverpool meet if it happened though. there are places to stay there that aren't too expensive: unlike Cambridge)

madhair60

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 21, 2022, 11:07:33 PMTaking advantage of an already established thread and my fear of making new threads on g/e but would anyone be interested in a Liverpool/Merseyside meetup? I know there's a few scouser/merseyside people on here and I would definitely come because company I desire! - I'm unironically completely ISOLATED right now and would kill for some rubbish chatter about I'm Alan Partridge or Crass or HMHB or whatnot

I've never been to Liverpool but I really want to, so this would be a good excuse

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 21, 2022, 11:17:27 PMprime opportunity for us to visit the Only Fools bar and offer our failed comedy writer critiques of it having the wrong Reliant model etc

(genuinely might come down to a liverpool meet if it happened though. there are places to stay there that aren't too expensive: unlike Cambridge)
Noticed that place a few days ago! Thought it was prime, like

itsfredtitmus

lmao I'd so be up for a Liverpool meetup. Any sort of meetup, even if it's just 2 or 3 people

itsfredtitmus

Like, would a Liverpool/merseyside meetup actually be feasible? Been meaning to bring it up for a while since this thread got a load of attention but thought it a pipedream - would love, love it!

shiftwork2

I'd be very interested in a Liverpool meet, there hasn't been one in recent memory.

Admittedly Manchester has capitalised on its biggest and most recent cultural contribution with The Madchester Coach Tour but it's still languishing as runner-up in the NW city stakes.

canadagoose

Quote from: madhair60 on June 21, 2022, 10:53:49 PMright, no Canadagoose then. arse.
No, I'm still coming! As I say, I'm just flying to Stansted instead of getting the train.

The Mollusk

Quote from: canadagoose on June 22, 2022, 01:25:13 AMNo, I'm still coming! As I say, I'm just flying to Stansted instead of getting the train.

Maximum respect for this total baller move.

I'm still a maybe for this as I've not decided if I can be fucked with the potential train hassle yet. I will confirm Saturday morning at the latest.

shoulders

Also up for a Liverpool meet. Ship & Mitre would a good shout for the venue.

Central, disabled access, space for a large group, great beers. Haven't eaten there but vaguely recall they do meals..

Twit 2

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 22, 2022, 11:59:02 AMMaximum respect for this total baller move.

I'm still a maybe for this as I've not decided if I can be fucked with the potential train hassle yet. I will confirm Saturday morning at the latest.

Please come. a) because I enjoyed meeting you at the last London one, and more importantly, a) I am concerned canadagoose is coming all this way to meet just 4 people. Cam meets are normally well-attended, 10+ people. The more the merrier has never been a more urgent cliche.