Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:09:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB meet. June. Who's in?

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2022, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Quote from: Twit 2 on June 22, 2022, 02:50:48 PMPlease come. a) because I enjoyed meeting you at the last London one, and more importantly, a) I am concerned canadagoose is coming all this way to meet just 4 people. Cam meets are normally well-attended, 10+ people. The more the merrier has never been a more urgent cliche.

It's high on my list of priorities! Second on the list is cut my shamefully overgrown front hedge that's started eating passers by. I'd much rather sink some pints with a crew of legends so don't worry, I'm gonna do my best.

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 22, 2022, 03:15:57 PMIt's high on my list of priorities! Second on the list is cut my shamefully overgrown front hedge that's started eating passers by. I'd much rather sink some pints with a crew of legends so don't worry, I'm gonna do my best.

just come to the fucking meet, you prick.

shoulders

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 22, 2022, 11:59:02 AMMaximum respect for this total baller move.

I'm still a maybe for this as I've not decided if I can be fucked with the potential train hassle yet. I will confirm Saturday morning at the latest.

If you (or anyone else) find that some trains are on from London can you let me know?

Latest I heard was there would be a last train back to that there London around 6pm?

The Mollusk

Quote from: shoulders on June 22, 2022, 06:02:13 PMIf you (or anyone else) find that some trains are on from London can you let me know?

Latest I heard was there would be a last train back to that there London around 6pm?

Shit, yeah I just checked and it's 17:27. If that doesn't change then in all honesty it won't be worth me coming. A 3 hour round trip for 3 hours (maybe less, not factoring travel between station and pub) of boozing doesn't sound like a good way to spend my Saturday, I'm sorry.

DrGreggles

shiftwork2

Looks like there will be a few people going for lunch and drinks at 12 in case that sways anyone observing the train curfew.  All welcome, details later.

madhair60

Yeah, midday start if anyone can make it.

Spoon of Ploff

I wish you all well at the cab meet... which i will now not be attending... because of trains.

non capisco

Afraid I will also be unable to attend due to being on 'looking after an old woman with advanced dementia' duties this weekend. (It is my mum, I'm not kind and selfless to strangers like, I dunno, He-Man.)

Unless I bring her along but her patter's even worse than mine these days tbh.

poo

The Mollusk

Fuck it, I'm in. Trains booked. I'm arriving at 11:55 so let me know where you're meeting for lunch and I will come and eat lunch with you and then drink pints with you and then shag a bike alone.

Hoping there's no drama with the last trains because if I can't get the last one I'll be stuck in Cambridge and that would be hilarious!!!!

SpiderChrist

Stepfather-in-law had a fall this morning, so I'm on call all weekend (he's in his 90s and mad frail). Fuck shit piss bogeys.

Have fun, you terrible cunts.

The Mollusk

Quote from: SpiderChrist on June 24, 2022, 12:34:20 PMStepfather-in-law had a fall this morning, so I'm on call all weekend (he's in his 90s and mad frail). Fuck shit piss bogeys.

Have fun, you terrible cunts.

Ah, I know the feeling. I'm in a very similar situation myself except my wife is off looking after him all weekend. Not a fun scenario at all, I hope he's alright and you can have a relatively nice weekend still.

shoulders

Probably going to make it, we've got train tickets at least. Have to leave at 4 though.

madhair60

Since there's some time pressure etc, it seems to make the most sense to start from 12 and just go straight to the Cambridge Blue. I'll be at the Blue then, presumably with other people, so just join us when you can!

shoulders

Pink Gregory

Oh to be in Cambs Bridge, with people off a forum

The Mollusk

Quote from: shoulders on June 25, 2022, 09:33:59 AMOn a train to Cambridge right now!

Ditto. Feeling slightly rough since I decided to get pissed and stay up till 1:30am photoshopping a bread-based Pantera parody album cover, but I will perk up when I see you lovely tossers.

madhair60

The Mollusk

Pink Gregory

canadagoose

I'm posting this from Cambridge right now, where we've just had a SALTY dinner

The Mollusk

Dex Sawash

Quote from: canadagoose on June 25, 2022, 02:00:20 PMI'm posting this from Cambridge right now, where we've just had a SALTY dinner

Dangerman showed up?

canadagoose

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 25, 2022, 03:45:14 PMDangerman showed up?
Sadly not. I'm away in half an hour so if he does appear, I'll not see him.

shoulders

A more brief visit than usual but seemed to go really well, very funny people. My partner is next to me flat out asleep. Didn't even have to give her the special pills this time. Apologies, it seems I didn't manage to speak to shiftwork2 and Greggles much.

boki

Nags been barred from anywhere yet?

The Mollusk

Quote from: boki on June 25, 2022, 05:41:21 PMNags been barred from anywhere yet?

A very respectable day for me.

This is obviously coming from a half drunk and very tired/emotional place that I'm in right now but you guys are fucking wonderful. Just so warm and funny and lovely. I don't post here much these days as my own life gets in the way and I sometimes wonder if I'm really a part of the forum at all any more but these meets do so much for my self esteem. The last couple years have been utterly shit for my mental health but I don't need to worry about anything here, just really great people and a sense of proper belonging. I'm so grateful. I only got to stick around for a few hours today but it means the world to me.

If you've never been to a meet before and you're apprehensive I urge you to jump in. The more the merrier. Online or offline this place does wonders for the soul.

Mister Six

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 25, 2022, 10:22:01 AMDitto. Feeling slightly rough since I decided to get pissed and stay up till 1:30am photoshopping a bread-based Pantera parody

?