Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

"I decided to give adults a go again and found them fairly sexy"

- YJB

Crenners

But for that and Brad's dunce tier over, we'd have already won.

iamcoop

Quote from: ersatz99 on July 04, 2022, 07:06:47 PMStill annoyed by Stokes' dismissal in the first innings.

Stokes is now in the frame of mind where he could smash his own stumps up deliberately after the first delivery he faces, smirk at the dressing room and then afterwards combatively say "yeah but it was funny wasn't it? Was it not entertaining?"

He's technically gifted and should play the classical textbook way for at least a couple of overs and then go full pæd.

rjd2

India were very poor in South Africa defending totals so this is not great at all from their POV.

On this pitch 245 is a desperate effort from that third innings.

PowerButchi

If YJB and Root get through the morning dew to the tenth over on that road of a pitch, it's another England victory.

But, being honest, can you stop calling any shit playing England player a paedophile please? It's not as hilarious as you all think. As someone with first hand experience of someone who worked in sport and abused his power it puts me off this thread. Which is   A shame as there's real cricket knowledge here.

Sorry, but I just can't get on board with it

Crenners

I doubt anyone thinks it's particularly funny, it's more catharsis and camaraderie but I sympathise with what you said and given that the side seems to have also drastically changed their predilections, I will consign those comments to the past.

poo

Thursday

Quote from: PowerButchi on July 05, 2022, 01:04:30 AMIf YJB and Root get through the morning dew to the tenth over on that road of a pitch, it's another England victory.

But, being honest, can you stop calling any shit playing England player a paedophile please? It's not as hilarious as you all think. As someone with first hand experience of someone who worked in sport and abused his power it puts me off this thread. Which is   A shame as there's real cricket knowledge here.

Sorry, but I just can't get on board with it

This is fair, I feel like it's time to move on from the joke. Sorry if it's put people off.

Psybro

Why has there been so much fucking around with the ball in this Test?  Deeply tedious.

king_tubby

dontpaintyourteeth

Not to tempt fate or anything but this is strangely serene so far.

poo

Quote from: Thursday on July 05, 2022, 10:30:21 AMThis is fair, I feel like it's time to move on from the joke. Sorry if it's put people off.

Agree

poo

No fucking chance England will win this. Sorry if you are hoping for an England victory.

sevendaughters

can someone explain the Saturn V thing while we're having a quarterly review

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: poo on July 05, 2022, 11:04:16 AMNo fucking chance England will win this. Sorry if you are hoping for an England victory.

booked your turkey tickets yet?

Mr_Simnock

HAS EVERYONE HEARD, ROOT, AN ALL TIME GREAT, YES HE IS, ALL..TIME..GREAT, A GREAT OF ALL THE TIME WE HAVE HAD IN THIS UNIVERSE, THE MAN, THE ROOT, bbc there

kitsofan34

I'm very new to cricket but the commentators are meant to subscribe to the idea of "less is more", right? Ol' KP's always been a trendsetter, I suppose.

jobotic

kitsofan34

Quote from: jobotic on July 05, 2022, 11:28:53 AMRacist chanting yesterday apparently. So that's nice.

Nice to see Michael Vaughan's still attending the matches.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: kitsofan34 on July 05, 2022, 11:26:18 AMI'm very new to cricket but the commentators are meant to subscribe to the idea of "less is more", right? Ol' KP's always been a trendsetter, I suppose.

my problem with a lot of commentary these days for sport is just how light on detail it is and heavy on trying to be sound bight like. Example during tennis and you watch good long rally only for some idiot to just say 'too good' when someone wins it, no that will not fucking do, come on explain why they won the point, any fuckwit can go 'too good', almost never any explanation of how the better player manoeuvred the other one into a position they couldn't return the ball or do an unforced error.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 05, 2022, 11:33:27 AMmy problem with a lot of commentary these days for sport is just how light on detail it is and heavy on trying to be sound bight like. Example during tennis and you watch good long rally only for some idiot to just say 'too good' when someone wins it, no that will not fucking do, come on explain why they won the point, any fuckwit can go 'too good', almost never any explanation of how the better player manoeuvred the other one into a position they couldn't return the ball or do an unforced error.

I was watching some of the BBC2 Wimbledon round-up and it was, aside from Pat Cash, absolutely painful info-free shit. The whole bit with the guy in the bow tie doing exceedingly lame comedy was pathetic. Didn't even understand who it was for.

badaids

Fair plays to are great bunch of lads, this is another pretty amazing 4th innings run chase, but at some point it will revert to the mean, which means we're going humiliated for every one of these successes.

badaids

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 05, 2022, 11:33:27 AMmy problem with a lot of commentary these days for sport is just how light on detail it is and heavy on trying to be sound bight like. Example during tennis and you watch good long rally only for some idiot to just say 'too good' when someone wins it, no that will not fucking do, come on explain why they won the point, any fuckwit can go 'too good', almost never any explanation of how the better player manoeuvred the other one into a position they couldn't return the ball or do an unforced error.

Commentary these days, especially in cricket, has gone the Jo Wylie route. Insipid cheerleading bollocks.

Mr_Simnock

This is still mathematically collapsable, now that would be funny

shoulders

Bairstow 1 run from a pretty special run that only 2 English cricketers have managed.

Re paeds yes it is time to move on as it's gone on long enough but you can't really self-censor everything. If we called them brain damaged someone's Aunt would be brain damaged, if we said they were all cancerous or aids beasts.