Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Which Dog Tastes The Best?

Started by Camp Tramp, February 04, 2017, 07:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dog

This is acceptable is it? 😡

Dex Sawash

Quote from: The Dog on July 20, 2022, 12:24:06 PMThis is acceptable is it? 😡

Sorry I said bodog in 2017, certainly would say The Dog if asked today.

Buelligan

Norton Canes

Alsace has great cuisine. So an Alsatian

German Shepherds pie

Cerys

The one who possesses a tongue.

Ray Travez

I say I say I say, my dog's got no tongue

How does he taste?

Delicious!

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: DeezNuts on July 20, 2022, 02:02:03 AMRemoved by request

I'm not asking to be told, because obviously Barry wouldn't have removed this if he wanted other people to repeat it but I'm fascinated about what somebody found beyond the pale after happily reading about chihuahuas being thrown in a mincer.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 20, 2022, 09:00:09 PMI'm not asking to be told, because obviously Barry wouldn't have removed this if he wanted other people to repeat it but I'm fascinated about what somebody found beyond the pale after happily reading about chihuahuas being thrown in a mincer.

Probably suggested Nureongi.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 20, 2022, 09:00:09 PMI'm not asking to be told, because obviously Barry wouldn't have removed this if he wanted other people to repeat it but I'm fascinated about what somebody found beyond the pale after happily reading about chihuahuas being thrown in a mincer.

I wondered that, and came to the conculsion that the poster had mentioned eating a particular dog, but then realised that they didn't want this confession in the public sphere.

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: nero on February 06, 2017, 09:27:22 AMWhen I lived in Korea my school took me out for a 'very special' welcome dinner.
After I had finished the delicious stew I asked what it was. The non- English speaking office lady smiled proudly and said "dog!"
That's a dirty trick thought I, knowing that Koreans are aware of most foreigners disdain for chomping down on Fido.
"Look here," I said politely but firmly, "where I am from we do not eat dogs. It's seen as...wrong. I am an open minded person about your culture, but please tell me next time if we are going to a dog restaurant."
My handler translated and it frankly put a dampener on the evening.
As we were leaving I turned around and noticed a picture of a cartoon duck on the front of the restaurant.
I was however tricked into eating whale in Japan. It was gross.

I had a similar thing in a hotel restaurant in Xian in China. The staff brought out this lovely tasting dish, our table asked for more. It looked like some kind of Spam, but didn't taste the same. We asked what it was and were told pig

A few months later, back at home watching a Lonely Planet travelogue on the same area. The host/traveller goes to the same town and tries the local speciality - dog. Out comes a dish that looked identical to what we ate. The host then describes the taste. It seemed very familiar.

I've got to say I would try it again.  Rice wine from a jar filled with dead snakes on the other hand, probably not.

Video Game Fan 2000

if animals could speak, what species would say the most slurs

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 20, 2022, 11:51:54 PMif animals could speak, what species would say the most slurs

Rhodesian Ridgeback I reckon

Kankurette

Poor DeezNuts. Only had one post on here, and it got removed (by request).

No wonder more pet eating afficionados don't post on here.

Galeee

Mexican hairless. No faffing about skinning them and probably some nice crackling.

(Horrible thought - that's not what they're bred for, is it?)

king_tubby

Quote from: Galeee on July 21, 2022, 07:26:21 PMMexican hairless. No faffing about skinning them and probably some nice crackling.

(Horrible thought - that's not what they're bred for, is it?)

Yes.

QuoteSixteenth-century Spanish accounts tell of large numbers of dogs being served at banquets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xoloitzcuintle

Replies From View

Imagine how lush it would be to eat a cat that has been exclusively fed Sheba.  Absolutely premium cat.

Do we know if any dogs exist along these lines?

DeezNuts

All sorts of amazing cooking methods flash before my eyes when I see most dogs. Goldendoodle and Border Collie are the most delicious looking breeds to me. They never fail to make me foam at the mouth out of pure hunger and lust for one to be in my belly. Although I've seen a few people say Alsatian and German Shepard and I must say those are some brilliant choices. But one question I have is how would you go about cooking a dog? Like what garnishing would you use and stuff like that?

Joe Qunt

Replies From View

which kind of dog would taste the oldest

Replies From View

Quote from: DeezNuts on July 25, 2022, 12:57:11 PMAll sorts of amazing cooking methods flash before my eyes when I see most dogs. Goldendoodle and Border Collie are the most delicious looking breeds to me. They never fail to make me foam at the mouth out of pure hunger and lust for one to be in my belly. Although I've seen a few people say Alsatian and German Shepard and I must say those are some brilliant choices. But one question I have is how would you go about cooking a dog? Like what garnishing would you use and stuff like that?

Alsation and German Shepherd would have way too much poo still inside them.  Remember it can make you go blind.

DeezNuts

Quote from: Replies From View on July 25, 2022, 11:18:20 AMImagine how lush it would be to eat a cat that has been exclusively fed Sheba.  Absolutely premium cat.

Do we know if any dogs exist along these lines?

What makes you think that a cat fed purely Sheba would taste good? I'm not saying you're wrong - just wondering? Also can we talk about how delicious the cat on the Sheba boxes looks 🤤

DeezNuts

(I know I'm posting on this thread a lot but I just need to ask this question) Just wondering, does anyone on this thread actually want to eat a dog? I'm curious lol.

Also I saw a dog that looked ridiculously tasty today while on a walk. The dog was tied to a post outside a shop and the owner wasn't present. Was stroking it while considering all the brilliant ways I could cook it and eat it.

Replies From View

Quote from: DeezNuts on July 25, 2022, 02:22:22 PMWhat makes you think that a cat fed purely Sheba would taste good? I'm not saying you're wrong - just wondering? Also can we talk about how delicious the cat on the Sheba boxes looks 🤤

You've answered your own question.  By all means suggest that it's the advertising that has done this to me, but I say there's usually no smoke with fire, and that includes tasty-looking cats that exclusively eat Sheba.

Replies From View

Quote from: DeezNuts on July 25, 2022, 02:26:06 PMall the brilliant ways I could cook it and eat it.

Upside down and things like this?

Replies From View

Quote from: Darles Chickens on July 25, 2022, 02:29:38 PMOld English Sheepdog.

Taste oldest, I said.  Not which dog has "old" in its name.

Quote from: Replies From View on July 25, 2022, 02:30:19 PMTaste oldest, I said.  Not which dog has "old" in its name.

Old English Sheepdogs taste of stale nostalgia. The "old" in their name is pure coincidence.

Replies From View

Quote from: Darles Chickens on July 25, 2022, 02:35:13 PMOld English Sheepdogs taste of stale nostalgia. The "old" in their name is pure coincidence.

Ok but is that really an older taste than a dog that when you imbibe it makes your tongue go instantly rotten in some kind of empathy-induced mirroring phase of life

imitationleather

Quote from: DeezNuts on July 25, 2022, 02:26:06 PMAlso I saw a dog that looked ridiculously tasty today while on a walk. The dog was tied to a post outside a shop and the owner wasn't present. Was stroking it while considering all the brilliant ways I could cook it and eat it.

Exact same thing happened to me earlier except instead of a dog it was a Chelsea pensioner.