Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Coren's a wrongun

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, July 23, 2021, 05:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 26, 2021, 12:01:37 AM
I'm still not sure if that's a joke or not...
It wasn't, although I probably didn't articulate it well as I was drunk.
I'm just horrified by Coren writing in that way about his daughter. It just (obviously) wrong and annoys me quite a lot.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Janie Jones

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 26, 2021, 12:56:54 AM
I'm gonna sell my house in town.

+1

Coren was sober for years, I believe, although he went back to drinking. I wonder if he wrote less spitefully and arrogantly when he wasn't a drunk.

mippy

Mrs C wrote an article for the Mail about how one of the things attracting her to the millionaire Giles Coren was that he had a nice big house whilst she only lived in a flat. To be fair, houses are so expensive in London that marrying a cunt, like winning the lottery, is one of the few chances most of us will get to own one.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on July 26, 2021, 08:08:58 AM
Quote from: idunnosomename on July 26, 2021, 12:00:56 AM
A succulent petulant Chinese twitter meal spat?

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 26, 2021, 12:48:36 AM
This is democracy manifest.

Too slow for a conditioned response. Back to the electric shocks for you.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 26, 2021, 11:22:10 AM

Too slow for a conditioned response. Back to the electric shocks for you.
Have you any idea how long it takes me an age to type anything on a touch screen? What with the claws. And the drool.

But, yeah - fair point, well made. Soz.

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 23, 2021, 06:38:27 PM
He got rumbled that time because he used the name of a character from his flop novel Winkler. Desolation. At the time he admitted to having loads of alts for 'exclusively for responding to trolls'.

This 'character' was easier to suss. If it is someone else doing a bit, they've got the shameless cuntiness down perfectly. Here's where 'Joanne' claims his success is all down to hard work.

EDIT: Cheers Thomas! I must figure out how to post Twitter screenshots on here. Where do you get that image link?

Here's an amazing coincidence; Joanne has deleted her account.  I'm sure that this has nothing whatsoever to do with all the people retweeting her to Giles Coren with comedic messages alleging that he has something to do with them, and will miss her insights.

Egyptian Feast

I'm surprised he kept it up so long after he was rumbled. I'm still amazed at the 12k followers. I would've thought secret alts used for responding to trolls and posting thoughts too racist/cuntish to share on the main account would have quite a low follower count, a few hundred tops. I suppose it's possible they were purchased, but I can't see the point in him doing that.

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 27, 2021, 08:51:26 PM
I'm surprised he kept it up so long after he was rumbled. I'm still amazed at the 12k followers. I would've thought secret alts used for responding to trolls and posting thoughts too racist/cuntish to share on the main account would have quite a low follower count, a few hundred tops. I suppose it's possible they were purchased, but I can't see the point in him doing that.

That surprised me too.  Perhaps he's just so self-absorbed that he wanted to see a lot of followers, even in an account that wasn't actually 'his'.

I know that people throw around mental health diagnoses such as 'narcissism' far too easily on t'interweb, but there does seem to be something about Coren that goes beyond 'normal' behaviour.  His response to Dawn Foster was so disproportionate for the fairly mild Tweet she posted, and the way that he attacked Michael White too.  The multiple sock puppets don't seem to be the response of a rational person, either.

Perhaps he genuinely thought he was headed for greater fame and is in a state of constant disappointment.  I do remember him getting a prime-time quiz show on ITV a few years back, anyone else remember?  Not surprised if nobody else does because it only went for four episodes before being pulled.  That must be pretty gutting for most people, but surely even worse if one brother-in-law is Alexander Armstrong (how many series is Pointless now?), your sister has a long-running quiz show and your other brother-in-law has presented HIGNFY multiple times, in addition to everything else he does.  Most TV hosts with a Times column, however crap, wouldn't be the fifth most famous person in their family.  (still including his dad there).

buttgammon

Quote from: rectorofstiffkey on July 28, 2021, 09:02:20 AM
That surprised me too.  Perhaps he's just so self-absorbed that he wanted to see a lot of followers, even in an account that wasn't actually 'his'.

I know that people throw around mental health diagnoses such as 'narcissism' far too easily on t'interweb, but there does seem to be something about Coren that goes beyond 'normal' behaviour.  His response to Dawn Foster was so disproportionate for the fairly mild Tweet she posted, and the way that he attacked Michael White too.  The multiple sock puppets don't seem to be the response of a rational person, either.

I'll offer an amateur diagnosis here: Linehan syndrome, the main symptoms of which are thin skin, obsessive behaviour, internet addiction and fits of irrational rage.

Egyptian Feast

Sorry to bump, but he doesn't deserve a second thread. At least nobody has to click on a Daily Mail link.

Quote from: ShitragTV host Giles Coren leaves BBC in wake of Twitter storm

ALISON BOSHOFF Chief Showbusiness Writer

JULY 29, 2022

TV presenter Giles Coren has left his job at the BBC in the aftermath of a Twitter row.

Coren, 53, was the co-presenter of BBC2's Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond the Lobby alongside Monica Galetti. The last series went out in June.

He has now announced that he is moving on due to a diary clash, and has thanked the BBC for the 'beautiful' way that they have handled the transition.

The BBC said: 'We're sorry to see Giles go and would like to thank him for his contribution over four successful series.'

They are now looking for a new presenter who, a source said, would be 'the opposite of Giles'.

BBC sources say that his position became untenable after a vicious Twitter row which saw numerous complaints to the press watchdog IPSO.

Coren had posted two tweets apparently celebrating the untimely death of a female journalist, Dawn Foster, who was critical of him and suggested his successful media career was down to nepotism - his father is the late columnist, Alan Coren.

A tweet from Coren's account shortly after the 34-year-old's death last July read: 'When someone dies who has trolled you on Twitter, saying vile and hurtful things about you and your family, is it okay to be like, "I'm sorry for the people who loved you, and any human death diminishes me, but, HA HA HA HA HA HA"?'

Another version of the tweet read: 'When someone dies who has trolled you on Twitter, saying vile and hurtful things about you and your family, is it okay to be like, "I'm sorry for the people who loved you, and any human death diminishes me, but can you f*** off on to hell now where you belong?"'

Although the tweets were both deleted soon after being posted, they sparked complaints to the BBC, IPSO and the Times newspaper, where Coren is a columnist.

TalkTV's political editor Kate McCann, who was Sky News's political correspondent at the time, tweeted: 'I tend not to wade into arguments on here (we all have better things to do) and I didn't know Dawn Foster, but some things are just too awful to say out loud. I don't believe in drowning out opinions I don't like but I don't think we should let bad things go either. It wasn't OK.'

A source said: 'His position became untenable. We are now looking for a replacement for Giles. The person has to be as unlike Giles Coren as possible.'

In a post on Instagram on July 20, Coren told his followers: 'I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I've had a knee-trembling new television series commissioned that has the potential to be by far the best thing I've done on telly. The bad news is that, in terms of scheduling, I have had to choose between this new baby and another series of Amazing Hotels.'

He goes on to thank the BBC, saying: 'The beautiful way you have gone about this changing of the guard means so, so much to me.'

It was announced last year that Coren would not be probed over the tweets, with IPSO saying that as the tweets did not come from an account regulated by a newspaper, it did not fall within its remit.

Coren was approached for comment.

Quote from: Giles CorenI'm a cunt.

Another worthless piece of shit weighs in:

Quote from: Kelvin MacKenzieGiles Coren has been forced out as presenter of BBC2's Amazing Hotels over his tweets celebrating the death of a lefty writer who had trolled him. What's the prob? Liverpool will be delighted when I go and I'll be pleased when journo and IRA backer Roy Greenslade goes. It's life.

It won't just be Liverpool, ultra cunt.

Quote from: Kelvin MacKenzieCoren, a Times columnist, had tweeted after the death of the woman journalist, 34; " When someone dies who had trolled you is it OK to be like; 'I'm sorry for the people who.loved you but can you f++k off on to hell where you belong.'" It's a reasonable point.

Another reasonable point. If Hell actually existed all the suffering would be worth it for the eternal busyness of ferrets reversing up your fat arse. Eat every turd you drop from now on to prepare yourself just in case it is real and also fuck off. Cunt.

Dawn Foster Forever.

Kankurette

Oh trust me, Kelvin, plenty of non-Scousers hate you as well.

bgmnts

But life will actually probably be better as a knock on effect for loads of people when cunts like Coren and Kelvin die. May be wrong there but yes it's better to be okay with them dying and it's not the same.

beanheadmcginty

If you assume that the "unnamed BBC source" in that Daily Mail article doesn't actually exist (like all unnamed sources), then isn't the story that Coren has got a new TV job that means he can no longer do his old one? Not saying I like the bloke, but he's probably got a job on that new Murdoch channel more suited to his cuntitude and the DM are using it as an opportunity to recycle some old controversy.

idunnosomename

he should get a new job on a show called Amazing Cunts. where he gets his head put in a vice and he's left to cry alone like the awful turd he is

idunnosomename

mick wright dug this up for his newsletter the other day. a now-deleted esquire UK article about his wanking habits that involves childhood memories of wanking in the bath and fucking a hole in the couch

https://web.archive.org/web/20210729123937/https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/news/a9819/giles-coren-masturbation-farewell-to-palms/

to be honest, as a veteran of the internet who's seen goatse, tubgirl, shitting dick-nipple hentai etc and stopped caring long ago, genuinely couldn't finish it. i genuinely felt sick because WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS? YOU HORRIBLE MAN

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 10, 2022, 09:07:26 PMgenuinely couldn't finish

This has never been a problem for Giles Coren if that article is anything to go by.

idunnosomename

shiftwork2

Who doesn't?  He'll still enjoy a rarefied life without a care.

It matters who your father is in this country.

Midas

been following this thread thinking it was about that cunt from the one show

bgmnts

I remember as a kid worrying about the price of monster munch. Of course.

Fuck is this man?

Jesus chriist this is indeed nauseating.

bgmnts

Not even joking, reading that has actually made me ashamed to wank now. Quite impressive for Coren to be so grimey and slimy that he has put me off touching my own knob.

sevendaughters

i've never seen the style of writing match the subject of the writing so perfectly

lipsink

It reads like something Morgan Freeman would read out of John Doe's journals when they find his apartment in Se7en.

Johnny Yesno

It's like something out of Viz.

Glebe

He's stopped wanking but he's still a wanker.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Glebe on August 11, 2022, 06:18:02 PMHe's stopped wanking but he's still a wanker.

The Killers consider rewrite.

Ambient Sheep

From the latest Popbitch:

>> Quizzy rascal <<

SM writes:
"Was watching some real D-list pop stars on Pointless the other night when I remembered hearing a quiz show host saying he preferred doing the regular shows because he always had to Google the contestants in the so-called 'celebrity specials'.

"That led me to recall the stand-up show by Paul Sinha in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago. He told of the time when everyone's favourite journalist, Giles Coren, was on The Chase. Sinha freely shared Bradley Walsh's reaction when the contestants lined up - 'Who's the cunt in seat one?'"

poo

non capisco

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 16, 2022, 02:23:38 AMFrom the latest Popbitch:

Ha! My mate worked with Bradley Walsh recently and was almost evangelical about what a great bunch of lads he thought he was.