Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forza Horizon 5: Aztec Boogaloo

Started by Blue Jam, November 28, 2021, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

I've not tried to auction anything on FH5 yet, but...I seem to remember being able to alter the price of an auction in FH4. Perhaps the buyout price is tied to the starting price?

Famous Mortimer

I hate the mini-games so much. Flag rush, zombie, and the other one...there's always some fucker who does a cheesy tactic, and one team has a few players drop out after losing the first round. The only possible way it could be entertaining is if it's just your friends playing, with randos it's unbearable.

BeardFaceMan

I'm glad it's not just me, I despise them too. The only reason I play them is for the seasonal stuff but thankfully you can usually unlock both cars for the week without doing them.

I barely played Rivals in FH3 and FH4 but it's probably been the bulk of my playtime this time around. Got quite a few friends in my list playing FH5 but theres only 2 people posting times. I can understand why though, it gets fucking frustrating trying to do clean laps. Especially when you fuck it on the last corner, which I've done more than once.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 20, 2021, 02:58:09 PMI've not tried to auction anything on FH5 yet, but...I seem to remember being able to alter the price of an auction in FH4. Perhaps the buyout price is tied to the starting price?

So it turns out you need to be a Legendary tuner or skin maker in order to sell cars at huge prices. In other words, you need to create a tune and have people download it thousands of times. So that's shit, I've played three Horizon games so far and I've never tuned a single car myself.

Famous Mortimer

I've three-starred everything now, which I've never been close to managing on any other Forza game. I hesitate to say that 6 months of playing pretty much nothing but FH4 and 5 has improved my play, as I still crash into plenty of walls, but maybe it is.

BeardFaceMan

It was the drifting that always stopped me 3-starring everything in previous games, couldn't do it at all in FH3, got slightly better in 4, a bit better again in 5. I was going to say I've got drifting licked but then I go online and do drifting events and finish near the bottom every time. I think I may just be as good as I'm going to get doing it with an automatic.

It's odd that I can just about win on highly skilled and get beaten nearly every time on expert, but I'm having a go at getting the accolades for winning races on unbeatable and it's been a piece of piss so far, I haven't lost a single race. Maybe it helps that I'm mostly using the Bone Shaker, that thing is a fucking beast with an A tuning, I'm trying to get as much use out of it as possible before it gets nerfed, it's that good. Did most of the Rivals times with it too, it's a lot of fun to drive.

Famous Mortimer

The online thing is a whole other beast, and I'm similarly a lower-table presence in every online race I try, whether drifting or straight racing. Not sure I have the inclination to get as good as the people who win those races, either, I'm pretty happy with the skill level I have.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah I very rarely race against other players, usually only if I have to, I'm more than happy racing against drivertars. When It comes to other players i generally prefer comparing times and scores to racing. I think getting better at either driving or drifting is going to involve switching to manual and that's no fun at all.

Famous Mortimer

Agreed.

I just got the accolade for hitting all the bonus boards, despite me only being on 248. I even went and checked a map when I couldn't find the last 5 or so, and buggered if I can spot where the two I'm still missing are.

BeardFaceMan

I have about 10 xp boards and 1 fast travel board left to find, I'm fucked if I can find them though, tried using maps but there are just too many of them to compare. I was uncovering the last couple of boards after playing a game of Eliminator and driving offroad for a while but I can't find those last few. Have you been doing the treasure hunts? I did the current seasonal one today and it looked like it registered as me hitting a bonus board, that might explain why you got the accolade early.

Famous Mortimer

I think it's like the "discover all roads" accolade triggering when you still need to find a few, just a thing the game does. But there's an extra accolade for all of them, I think?

Blue Jam

Who else here has bought themselves a black Lexus with A°HA on the licence plate? Everyone?

My plate originally read AB0GAD0 but without a Suzuki Esteem it didn't really work.

Steven88

How's the PC version doing? Did they iron out the early problems, I want the game but don't want to pay £45 if it's still broken.

Famous Mortimer

There's a few issues with people dropping out of online events, but it doesn't seem that bad. I'd suggest getting the Game Pass version for a bit and seeing what you think, shouldn't cost you anything.

Much like BeardFaceMan, I'm just going through the Rivals stuff now, getting clean laps. I'm probably at the end of playing it every day, at least until the online teams thing is back (it's not a broken thing, it's just a thing they didn't put in but hopefully will).

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 05, 2022, 03:22:59 PMI'm probably at the end of playing it every day, at least until the online teams thing is back (it's not a broken thing, it's just a thing they didn't put in but hopefully will).

I think I'm getting to the end of my daily playing too, there's not much left to do now after the weekly challenges are done. Been doing a bit of Horizon Tour but people just don't seem to be able to understand the concept of team racing. I've been accolade hunting but I'm down to the dregs now, either accolades that won't unlock or ones where I need cars that cost millions of dollars that I don't have. There's only you and one other person on my friends list posting Rivals times (is BadCheeseLord someone on here?) so there isn't a lot of incentive to keep logging on anymore. Have there been any rumblings about what the DLC will be or when it's getting released?

Famous Mortimer

Whenever there's a good show on the radio or I have a podcast to listen to, I'll pop the game on and hunt the last few accolades - this morning, it's been the "drive from one place to another place in X minutes" ones.

The team racing thing is bizarre with how some people try and run you off the track, even in circumstances if you fail that means the team fails and they lose the challenge they've spent ages on.

No idea about DLC, but a proper city or a full-on baja-racing thing would be fun.

BeardFaceMan

I had to do all of those 'drive to x' accolades twice because they were bugged, I'm currently trying to do Arcade accolades and some of those aren't working either.

Famous Mortimer

I've been dabbling in the online races, just to see if it's interesting. It isn't, to me anyway.

There's always one person who wins every race by at least 10 seconds, and even if you're at the back fighting with another driver more of your skill level, chances are the people at the back will just disconnect rather than finish a race they've got zero chance of winning.

I wish it had divisions, or something, like the Cup Of The Day in Trackmania. Being absolutely destroyed by someone vastly better than me doesn't make me want to grind it, learn tuning, get one of the tiny handful of optimised cars, learn the details of every track, etc. It makes me want to quit and leave the try-hards to it. But if I were in division 50, against people who just want to have a laugh, I'd be into that.

BeardFaceMan

Whenever I race online I usually finish a solid 7th. I have better luck with the team racing but more often than not if I'm in front then some twat on my team will knock me off-course. Their online modes need a lot of work.

And suprise, suprise, new week, new bugged challenge. The progress on the Bentley Blower challenge keeps resetting, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the frankly unbelievable decision to make the last part to drive 100 miles. And no, 100 Forza points won't make up for it. I swear they're doing this on purpose so that you can't get the accolades/achievements for doing everything in a season so you have to keep playing and hope the next season is ok, the only other reason i can think of is some top-level incompetence.

Famous Mortimer

I missed the one from last week about "create your own track and upload it", which similarly felt like one of those "you're not getting this year's complete-everything achievement" blocks. 100 miles in the Bentley? Fuck that (even if I could afford it - 4 million credits worth - which I can't).

BeardFaceMan

Check what cars are currently going for silly money in the auction house, a few days ago I sold a Hoonigan and a Honda for 20 million each.

Famous Mortimer

I was doing a few accolades this morning, to see how far up the global leaderboard I could get (currently about 22,000th) and I came across one, to completely unlock the skill tree for the 2021 Aston Martin Valhalla. Problem is, there's not a 2021 Valhalla in the game - there is a 2019 "concept car" version, though.

A quick check reveals other players have had the same problem and the 2019 should unlock the accolade, but to leave that in the game, after they've already done at least one update, seems bad.

BeardFaceMan

Ha, that's a coincidence, I was looking at that same accolade this morning as it's one of the few Skill ones I have left to do. The Arcade ones are broken for me too, where you have to complete a certain amount of events in a certain time, a few of the photo ones are bugged too. It's really annoying now as accolade hunting is one of the few things left I have to do and it's really frustrating when you put the time and effort into getting it and it doesn't pop.

I don't know if you've done the accolades for winning against unbeatable drivatars but I found a sneaky way around that, if you have the difficulty set to 'unbeatable' when doing online races, they pop. So if you do a Horizion Tour and your team finishes first, that counts as a win, you don't have to win the race. I do love this game and have had a lot of fun with it but it's very buggy, I don't remember FH3 or FH4 being this bad.

Famous Mortimer

Not done that for the unbeatable ones yet, but that's a nice tip, ta. Just did the S2 rivals achievements, by accident (I'd forgotten I'd not done them and was running rivals to practice a few tracks before doing the championship).

I keep saying I'm going to stop playing it, but there's always a bit of something to do and it fits my schedule. But I ought to get onto something else (never really played Bioshock, and the talk of it in the other thread has piqued my interest).

BeardFaceMan

Yeah I keep saying I'm going to stop playing soon but there's always something, currently it's that I have one achievement left to get 1000 score, complete all seasonal championships. Let's just hope this season doesn't have any bugs to stop me doing it. I think once I get that done I'll move on to another game until the DLC comes out. It's the perfect 'pick up and play for 30 minutes' game though, great to dip in and out of.

Malcy

Got the achievement for driving on every road today. It said i still had 6 left though. I finished off 2 more but stumped to where the final 4 are.  I've done very little in the game. I pop it on while working so mostly just been driving about.

Famous Mortimer

Much like the achievement for finding every bonus board, which triggers on 248 out of 250, as if they knew a few of them would be bugged. Just keep an eye on your mini-map, and chances are you'll see a little bit of un-driven road at some point. Or, go to the big map, zoom in as much as possible and see if you can see a bit you've not driven down?

Talking of boards, I found board 249 yesterday, halfway up a pylon. Still haven't got the foggiest where 250 is, and I've driven pretty much everywhere.

Malcy

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 22, 2022, 10:19:20 PMMuch like the achievement for finding every bonus board, which triggers on 248 out of 250, as if they knew a few of them would be bugged. Just keep an eye on your mini-map, and chances are you'll see a little bit of un-driven road at some point. Or, go to the big map, zoom in as much as possible and see if you can see a bit you've not driven down?

Found them. Wasn't even those small ones that you see around the map but a decent sized bit of road with a little bit coming off of it and the other two were just little bits I had missed on long roads. Saw a thing online saying to turn the brightness down to 0 then look at the map. Made it so much easier to see where the undriven roads were.

Malcy

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 22, 2022, 10:19:20 PMTalking of boards, I found board 249 yesterday, halfway up a pylon. Still haven't got the foggiest where 250 is, and I've driven pretty much everywhere.

God, that was an absolute cunt to get, it took me ages. For the last few boards I had a look at my stats to see which boards I was missing (1,000xp, 3,000xp etc). I think there are only 25 5,000xp boards so if it's one of those you are missing you can find a map online that only shows those boards, scanning a map with 25 boards on it is a lot easier than doing it with all 200 showing.

Edit - https://mapgenie.io/forza-horizon-5/maps/mexico interactive maps like these are handy too.