Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Street Fighter VI

Started by Swoz_MK, February 21, 2022, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoz_MK

Set for 2023 and made in the RE Engine. Here's very short teaser showing off the old boy Ryu and Luke from SFV

Spiteface

I hope that's Ryu's default going forward. Similarly, that Chun Li alt that was DLC at the same time. Feels time to change them. Keep the classic gear, but new default clobber would be good.

Otherwise, I need to see more before I can form an opinion. That logo looks generic as hell, though.

samadriel

Crap logo, but pretty graphics. I hope the game is more like SF4 than SF5, I hate all that V-skill/V-trigger stuff.

Swoz_MK

Same, can't stand it. Up until Red Focus SF4 had it absolutely spot on.

oggyraiding

It better come with more content day one than SFV. I'm not saying ship with 50 characters, but the lack of an arcade mode at launch in V was pretty egregious.

samadriel

New trailer and talk about the new system.

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/en-uk/

And apparently the whole roster has been leaked;  I'm normally sceptical  about leaks,  but the artwork looks surprisingly authentic.

Artwork:  https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2022/06/04/a-huge-leak-has-seemingly-revealed-street-fighter-6s-character-roster/amp/

Crenners

I like the Splatoon visual effects, looks cool. Could never get into V after thousands of hours of IV but I do still enjoy watching it. Will always be interested in whatever this turns out to be.

Wonderful Butternut

CHUN LI HAS LEGGINGS IN TRAILER! SJWS TAKING AWAY MY FAN SERVICE!

etc.

idunnosomename

Mister Six

WHERE ARE THE ARSES?! THE WOKE SJWS HAVE TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM US.

Crenners

You idiots.

They save all the sexy stuff for DLC.

How to say you don't play SF without saying you don't play SF.

Mister Six

Thoughts:

These characters are all quite boring. Generic cocky American kid and ponytail girl in particular. The baggy clothing is the problem, I think. Everyone looks like they daubed themselves in glue and jumped into a charity shop collection box. Nothing fits together and their silhouettes are all indistinct except for Gladiator lady. Pink-haired French Annie Lennox would look cool in a suit or something though.

At least Gladiator keeps up the SF tradition of subtly racist character designs. I look forward to China losing its shit over the Hong Kong flag being used separate from the Chinese one for ponytail girl.

These four are tons better. Bird-hair girl has character and a great silhouette, and those weapons look fun. Russian vampire Jared Leto (hereafter referred to as Moscorbius) is distinctive and obviously a fun contrast to countryman Zangief.

Ponytail-Walkman girl is my favourite of these, though - plenty of opportunity for great stylised movement, with the hair and Walkman cables, and it's nice to have a black character in one of these games that's not a big strong fella or "rhythmic".

The weakest is Chinese vampire lady (or robot, judging by the acronym). Looks like a fifth-rate X-Men villain. I guess exposed hips are the new exposed arsecheeks?

Cammy's back! I'm not really bothered about the arse getting put away, but these clothes are a bit Topshop.

Oh! There's the rhythmic black man. Is this the updated Dee Jay? I guess, judging by the headphones. Or Capcom simply isn't allowed to make a Jamaican fighter who's not musical. I quite like this, TBH. Gonna miss the braids though. And the Arabic bloke is a returning character isn't he? Looks cool. From Saudi. Maybe he refused to join in the tournament unless the ladies put on more clothes.

Korean lady is a victim of random clothing again. Some of these characters look like they failed the auditions for a Final Fantasy game, and she's one of them.

German bloke looks like he obsessively showers. Bit boring otherwise. Why don't they have a big fat fella in Lederhosen with a trombone?

Who's the other bloke? Akuma's dad? Fair play, he looks terrifying.

Hail, hail, the gang's all here! Not sure how I feel about divorced dad Ken. He looks like he's about to complain about how music died with Cobain. Hobo Ryu is cool, though, and I like Zangief's trousers - a cook way to update the look of the character while keeping the classic look and silhouette.

Okay, most of the old guard look cool as hell. Dhalsim totally rocks the beard and I like the more muscular, aggressive Eddie Honda. Chun-li's white qipao/blue bodysuit looks cool as hell. Blanka looks like one of those dogs whose owner insists on dressing him up all cute. Has he been civilised? Kind of cool for them to go with a more thoughtful, calm pose rather than the usual roaring beast look.

Sadly, tough Daddy Guile is just eh, and I'm not a fan of the beard.

If only I liked paying Street Fighter games!

bgmnts

Ed looks so German it's amazing.
Zangief's chest pubes look like an oil stain.
Honda too swole.
Chunners looking very classy.

My favourite is native american mexican lady rocking up in her nightie.

oggyraiding

I wonder who'll be the forgettable newcomer of this game. Like F.A.N.G. or Necalli or Abel or C. Viper or El Fuerte.

samadriel

"I remember once she got her bum out."
A few seconds of alpha footage,  featuring Cammy in two outfits (I think? It's confusing, is she fighting herself?), and Ken in-engine:
https://youtu.be/SUMzlXnsFuM

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: oggyraiding on June 05, 2022, 11:21:36 PMI wonder who'll be the forgettable newcomer of this game. Like F.A.N.G. or Necalli or Abel or C. Viper or El Fuerte.

El Fuerte was well memorable cos he was so shit.

Mister Six

Quote from: samadriel on June 06, 2022, 09:27:31 AM"I remember once she got her bum out."
A few seconds of alpha footage,  featuring Cammy in two outfits (I think? It's confusing, is she fighting herself?), and Ken in-engine:
https://youtu.be/SUMzlXnsFuM

Ken's turning into Gerard Depardieu.

bgmnts

Oh so we still do have gratuitous arse Cammy? Genuinely a bit gutted thought we took a positive step there and I like the new design rocking the denim.

Mister Six

I like Cammy's denim look at bit more now I've seen the Union Jack on the back of her jacket. That's pretty cool.

Crenners

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on June 06, 2022, 03:52:40 PMEl Fuerte was well memorable cos he was so shit.

He was pretty much broken by the final revision. Certain MU were guaranteed ragequit. Incredibly annoying character, far better troll than Dan.

samadriel

Guile trailer. I hated Guile in SF4 because he shut down Bison so easily, but I'm going to have to pick a non-Bison character for SF6 anyway,  so no more Guile grudge.  He looks pretty great.

Swoz_MK

Interesting, there's a combo in that video, cr HK x st HK x Flash Kick, which shouldn't be possible if flash kick is still a charge move? Unless I'm just really tired

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He looks less like a member of the armed forces and more like a rap singer from Florida.

bgmnts

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 10, 2022, 03:27:54 PMHe looks less like a member of the armed forces and more like a rap singer from Florida.

He's a Guileand boy, he's a Guileand boy.

Crenners

Quote from: Swoz_MK on June 10, 2022, 02:46:29 PMInteresting, there's a combo in that video, cr HK x st HK x Flash Kick, which shouldn't be possible if flash kick is still a charge move? Unless I'm just really tired

Yeah, I noticed that but it didn't seem quite the same as another flash kick later in the vid. I wonder if it's a target combo of some sorts.

willbo

There was a 3....? I thought everyone agreed decades ago 2 was perfection and Capcom should just make more versions of 2?

Crenners

Amazing that anyone would say that aloud but fair play

oggyraiding

I felt like 4 pandered very heavily to fans of 2. After 3 with its weirdness and lack of some fan favourites, I recall 4 had pretty much the whole 2 gang returning. I'm glad they're moving on a bit with 5 and 6, I want weird new shit, I'm not arsed if we don't have Sagat and Bison.

samadriel