Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Everton beating Arsenal after losing to Brentford would be peak Everton, but it IS away and Everton have won just two games away this season.

Southampton all frantically biting the pillow.

druss

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 16, 2022, 09:52:27 PMYeah that Welsh rugby guy was about 40 and retired when he came out which seemed a bit pointless. It's staggering that only one lad comes out as gay in the entirety of UK football in 32 years. How is that even possible? I know Fashanu had a bad time but still and all.
Football attendees are mostly scum so it's not surprising.

Utter Shit

You'd like to think that one player coming out should open the door for others to feel more comfortable. The bollocks on this kid to come out at this stage of his career, it's astonishing really. One thing that should make things easier for him (and to be fair the reaction so far has been overwhelmingly positive from what I've seen, so hopefully he doesn't have too much to worry about) is he seems to be very highly rated, scoring 30-odd goals in the youth leagues this year. Obviously it shouldn't make any difference, but if he bangs in goals wherever he goes then he will quickly become "the quality striker" rather than "the gay footballer".

I thought it was very heartening (and surprising) that from his own telling, all his teammates took an active interest in his coming out and were asking loads of questions. That seems a lot healthier than this idea of 'tolerance', where the implication is that people are putting aside their concerns or disapproval for the greater good. It came across like there was no disapproval and they just wanted to educate themselves. Obviously that isn't going to be the case everywhere, and players in big leagues with squads made up of countries around the world are likely to encounter more issues like the Idrissa Gueye thing mentioned above. But hopefully this one kid putting himself over the top and seeing very little resistance should give others the confidence to do the same. It really does feel like an historic event and he will go down as one of the most important names in modern football.

Joe Qunt

Joe Qunt

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 16, 2022, 09:52:27 PMYeah that Welsh rugby guy was about 40 and retired when he came out which seemed a bit pointless. It's staggering that only one lad comes out as gay in the entirety of UK football in 32 years. How is that even possible? I know Fashanu had a bad time but still and all.

Robbie Rogers? but I guess that was just after he left Leeds.

king_tubby

Thomas Hitzlsperger, but not until he retired.  Played for Villa, Staaaaaaam and Everton so counts as UK.

Utter Shit

Quote from: A Hat Like That on May 17, 2022, 03:17:20 PMRobbie Rogers? but I guess that was just after he left Leeds.

Robbie Rogers? I BET HE DOES THE DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS, I BET HE FUCKING DOES

king_tubby

Peter Reid, sitting in his armchair with a glass of wine to hand, dunking on fools on Twitter, is really amusing me.

Kankurette

I love him. Especially when he's interacting with Neville Southall.

shoulders

Ugh, Tyler commentating.

Just a low.... drone.... of.... urrrrhhhhh.... intermittent...words.

shoulders

Football...

... Professional

Mhmhmh

... This level...

.... Mmrmrhrhm

James Milner, is...

... Meermmrmrmghm

shoulders

Final game showdown. At least Man City have to win, a draw won't cut it. After bolloxin' up the Champions League when it got tight you have to imagine there'll be a bit of tension there.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: shoulders on May 17, 2022, 08:12:15 PMUgh, Tyler commentating.

Just a low.... drone.... of.... urrrrhhhhh.... intermittent...words.

Every now and then he takes enough uppers to seem excited. Wonder will he have his prescription ready for Sunday.

Quote from: shoulders on May 17, 2022, 09:42:28 PMFinal game showdown. At least Man City have to win, a draw won't cut it. After bolloxin' up the Champions League when it got tight you have to imagine there'll be a bit of tension there.

Likely wishful thinking on my part, but I think if they don't score in the first half, they'll shit themselves and lose.

shoulders

I thought it might go the other way where Man City try to defend a lead then concede a freak equaliser late on. Maybe too obvious.

dr beat

Man City to win 5-0.  They'll be angry at themselves for dropping those points at WH.

king_tubby

druss

Actually couldn't cope with that, we've fucked up the playoffs so many times from winning positions and was certain it was happening again.

Probably fuck it up at Wembley but at least we've made it for the first time.

Kankurette

Quote from: king_tubby on May 17, 2022, 10:04:53 PMF*rest vs Pigs in to the second half of extra time.
Forest eating bacon tonight. Congratulations, you tricky trees.

king_tubby

Chuck them out! Burn the City Ground to the, er, ground! Salt the earth!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61488095

QuoteBilly Sharp: Man arrested after Sheffield United captain assaulted following play-off defeat by Nottingham Forest

This is nasty - Sharp needed stiches.

JamesTC

Wonder if the Chelsea fans will still be chanting the name of a certain person as their club goes under.

Joe Qunt

Why would anyone trust the British government to tell the truth about anything?

Kankurette

I'm glad Sharp's OK but fucking hell. Why do people do shit like this? Why do they think it's OK to run on the pitch and attack random footballers?

Villa v City is going to be full of hype about Gerrard trying to do senpai a favour, no doubt. Also, you can really tell Southampton had nothing to play for. Too high to go down, too low to challenge for Europe. They were lucky it was only 2-1.

king_tubby

Quote from: Kankurette on May 18, 2022, 11:56:16 AMWhy do they think it's OK to run on the pitch and attack random footballers?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Kankurette

Yeah, what is it with fans being coked off their tits? It seems to have gotten worse recently. I know the Legend Gary who stuck a flare up his hole was on coke and I bet anything Forest Fuckface was on coke too.

We had a few pitch invaders (including an actual toddler) at Hillsborough at the Pompey game, but luckily the stewards got them off the pitch and the crowd booed them. It's not a new thing - Chris Kirkland got punched by a Leeds fan a while back - but it does seem to be more frequent, and it does worry me that one of these days, a footballer is going to get stabbed. There are some very odd people who go to matches. And players should be allowed to defend themselves, and yes, that includes female footballers as well, Sam Kerr did not deserve the shit she got for ramming the idiot who ran onto the pitch.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on May 18, 2022, 01:02:57 PMYeah, what is it with fans being coked off their tits? It seems to have gotten worse recently. I know the Legend Gary who stuck a flare up his hole was on coke and I bet anything Forest Fuckface was on coke too.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/sep/22/uk-had-highest-number-of-young-cocaine-users-in-europe-last-year-report

Probably just correlates with a rise in cocaine use in the uk.

Wonderful Butternut

Just saw the Forest v Sheff U shootout. Hilarious to see Hourihane being an absolute numpty with his penalty.

Gibbs-White's was fairly stupid too. Just fuckin' smash it into a corner instead of that twinkle-toes shit mate.

They should ban that, since they're pulling up goalies for letting their foot 1mm off the line. Take a straight run up or you take the penalty again.