Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

I've heard the theory about the upfield pass but a lot of people say he was looking up in the stands for Pancake's "orthodontist". Either way, congratulations.

bgmnts

Title, 4th place and relegation on the line today, not a bad final game of the season as it goes.

Kankurette

Back under the bridge you go, Leeds.
Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 22, 2022, 11:23:23 AMWhat I make of that is that it's total bollocks, and you know that it is total bollocks yourself.. He miscontrolled it cos he was looking upfield for where he was going to pass the ball and lost sight of it.

Reckon he did deliberately miss a penalty to get Hodgson sacked though. No rumours of fat envelopes, he just quite simply could not have made it more obvious.
On the subject of bullshit conspiracy theories, no, Southampton did not throw the game against Liverpool. One, they have nothing to play for; they're not battling relegation like Everton, Burnley and Leeds, nor are they competing for Europe like most of the London teams and Man United. The players were pretty much on holiday mentally by that point. Some teams just switch off when they have nothing to play for and it sucks for their fans, but it's got nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Two, their form has been utter crap recently. Aren't they like 15th or something? The chances of them actually beating Liverpool weren't great. And that team Liverpool put out had the likes of Matip, Jota and Alisson in it, Klopp's hardly playing an all-reserve squad.

Wonderful Butternut

Yeah, Southampton are 15th and have been in absolutely shit form too.

Jasha

Citeh loss and wolves draw would do a treat to leave the scallys wailing about gd

imitationleather

It's actually kind of annoying that all the games are on at the same bloody time. I know why they do this, but usually there's nowt to play for on the final day.

Am I really going to watch Norwich v Spurs out of them all? Really?!

I suppose I probably am.

Utter Shit

Good football fact: the famous Spice Boys cup final with Liverpool's shit suits was before Wannabe was released, the nickname was only given to them retrospectively

JamesTC

I guess Spurs against Norwich is the most likely fixture to have a surprise result, remote as it is.

Utter Shit

Quote from: bgmnts on May 22, 2022, 11:50:02 AMTitle, 4th place and relegation on the line today, not a bad final game of the season as it goes.

Yeah it feels weirdly underwhelming to me considering there's something to play in so many games. I wonder if that's just age though - I remember the 95-96 final being a really exciting one, even though in retrospect it was just United rolling over Middlesbrough pretty comfortably (0-0 at half time but finished 3-0) to win the league.

For the same reason, I'll always think of 94-95 as THE most exciting final day even though it's obvious that the City win over QPR is the best one. As a 10-year old the thrill of being in a pub for a big game was something else, let alone having one game on the big screen and another on a smaller screen, both in your eye line.

imitationleather

Quote from: JamesTC on May 22, 2022, 02:34:54 PMI guess Spurs against Norwich is the most likely fixture to have a surprise result, remote as it is.

If there is a surprise result in that fixture I'm going straight to bed in a massive huff.

Kankurette

*big sigh*

Also, this is factually incorrect. Idrissa Gueye had the fucking President of Senegal himself backing him up, not to mention countless Muslim players, and a whole hashtag devoted to him. OK, maybe Gueye was condemned in the UK but let's not act like loads of Brits weren't on his side either.

It's kind of darkly funny seeing conservative dickheads trying to work out who to side with here, the gays or the Muslims.
Quote from: imitationleather on May 22, 2022, 02:37:49 PMIf there is a surprise result in that fixture I'm going straight to bed in a massive huff.
No way are Spurs going to go Spursy against Norwich. Not this time.

Utter Shit

Quote from: JamesTC on May 22, 2022, 02:34:54 PMI guess Spurs against Norwich is the most likely fixture to have a surprise result, remote as it is.
I feel sick. It's not like I can even distance myself from it and pretend it's just anxiety. There's lots of evidence (our results against the league's worst teams this season, Lasagna-gate, losing 5-1 to relegated Newcastle on the last day of the season when Leicester won it) to suggest that we are absolutely capable of fucking this up.

phes

Just want to see Palace hold United and Moyes shoe them into the Europa Conference.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Kankurette on May 22, 2022, 02:38:10 PM*big sigh*

Also, this is factually incorrect. Idrissa Gueye had the fucking President of Senegal himself backing him up, not to mention countless Muslim players, and a whole hashtag devoted to him. OK, maybe Gueye was condemned in the UK but let's not act like loads of Brits weren't on his side either.

I wouldn't pay any attention to this. It's just an idiot saying a thing, and as the replies - almost exclusively people saying "Jake Daniels was braver" - show, not indicative of any trend wider than Paul Embery continuing to be a dickhead.

Utter Shit

Just in case anyone is interested - BBC have got hold of some rights today, so Final Score on BBC2 will be showing all of the PL goals with the exception of those in the three games live on Sky (City/Villa, Liverpool/Wolves and Brentford/Leeds).

Kankurette

I know, I know. The inaccuracy of it just annoys me. Just because Gueye got criticised here in the UK doesn't mean he didn't have loads of support in other quarters, and tbh I'm avoiding any threads about him on football forums - especially Owlstalk - because I know there'll be loads of people supporting him. The guy even had his own hashtag recently, #IStandWithIdrissa. So it's not like everyone's condemning him.

It's a shame Gueye is a douche, I liked him when he was at Everton, but what can you do. I'm sure most of my favourite '90s players are homophobic too, although there are a couple who I don't think are.
Quote from: phes on May 22, 2022, 02:40:38 PMJust want to see Palace hold United and Moyes shoe them into the Europa Conference.

Let it happen. If only because I want West Ham in Europe.

JamesTC

Quote from: Mobius on May 21, 2022, 09:13:47 AMWhy do they always play the last game of the season on a Sunday

Been thinking about this. Is it due to the 3pm Saturday blackout law? They couldn't play all 10 games at a reasonable time in a Saturday.

imitationleather

Does the 3pm blackout thing still exist? The League 1 playoff final was on telly at that time yesterday and I know they temporarily suspended it during covid.

Jasha

Quote from: imitationleather on May 22, 2022, 03:44:53 PMDoes the 3pm blackout thing still exist? The League 1 playoff final was on telly at that time yesterday and I know they temporarily suspended it during covid.

Not gonna cannibalize the local attendance though is it

imitationleather

Quote from: Jasha on May 22, 2022, 03:59:16 PMNot gonna cannibalize the local attendance though is it

As it happens, Spurs haven't played a home game with a 3pm Saturday kick off for two full seasons.

JamesTC

bgmnts

Fucksake Villa you bastard cunts dont make me believe. Jesus christ.

JamesTC

imitationleather

JamesTC

Quote from: imitationleather on May 22, 2022, 04:45:25 PMTottenham in the Bernabeu
Arsenal watching Emmerdale

At Totteringham's day is well and truly a thing of the past, it seems. I think the last time they finished above yous was in the Leicester season, right?

imitationleather

I've got no idea how Spurs seem to have ended up Top 4 this season. We've been so shit for stretches of it.

Fucking Nuno was manager for a few months of it!

DrGreggles

City nervous as fuck
Liverpool running on empty

"best 2 teams in the world"

Doesn't bode well for Liverpool next week