Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

August 18, 2022, 10:00:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Cambridge CaB meet. June. Who's in?

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2022, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Right, we're doing this. Here are the possible dates:

4th
11th
18th
25th

All Saturdays. We'll meet at Cambridge Blue pub, a fucking excellent watering hole with a large and high capacity garden.

Who's interested? We'll hash out the details later.

shoulders

Can't do any weekend 'cept 25th, that might also be good for getting discounted advance tickets. 2nd July weekend also.

canadagoose

Might manage this on whatever date you go with, even though it's over 5 hours by train. The later the better for cheaper train tickets, obviously.

Edit: Cambridge hotels are horrendously expensive aren't they? Is it easy enough to get to Stevenage in the evenings (for a cheaper hotel)?
Double Edit: Looks like it is. Might manage still.

The Mollusk

Quote from: shoulders on May 16, 2022, 02:32:00 PMCan't do any weekend 'cept 25th

Same. Can't make any promises as my stag do is the weekend prior and I'm likely to be a trembling wreck after that, but if it falls on the 25th I'll do my best to be there.

shoulders


non capisco

I can also only make the 25th but up for that if that's the decided date.

The Mollusk

Quote from: shoulders on May 16, 2022, 03:24:37 PMCareful. Stag that.

Stag there mate.

More like stag DON'T am I right?!!??

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: canadagoose on May 16, 2022, 02:55:45 PMMight manage this on whatever date you go with, even though it's over 5 hours by train. The later the better for cheaper train tickets, obviously.

Edit: Cambridge hotels are horrendously expensive aren't they? Is it easy enough to get to Stevenage in the evenings (for a cheaper hotel)?
Double Edit: Looks like it is. Might manage still.


pigamus

Has there ever been a Birmingham one?

Mr_Simnock

Think so, was some time ago, organise one if you want, I wud cum

The Mollusk

Quote from: pigamus on May 16, 2022, 03:30:45 PMHas there ever been a Birmingham one?

I hung out with hummingofevil, thugler and boki at Supersonic Festival in 2019, that's got to count for something.

shoulders

Quote from: pigamus on May 16, 2022, 03:30:45 PMHas there ever been a Birmingham one?


Yes, 00s CaB had several Brum meets and it was a bit of a hotbed for Chris Morris fans in general actually, but several of that crowd left the forum, at least to my knowledge.

I was pondering in the York thread it's about time maybe for a Birmingham meet. Maybe we would get on?

the midnight watch baboon

I might come. Or, I'll join you in the Blue, which is a pretty nicely expensive outlet but with a full array of tasty beers and ciders. If you remember me, tmwb, suicide attempt survivor!

Spoon of Ploff

Really thinking I'd like to attend this one.

canadagoose

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 16, 2022, 03:29:03 PM
Well, it's hardly a short distance! I wanted to make the York one but couldn't due to other commitments so it'd be nice to be at this one.

DrGreggles


shoulders

Coming to the Cambridge meet from Scotland would be insane, I'm moaning about travelling there from Leeds and I basically go anywhere that's under 3 hours away.

madhair60

Alright, let's lean towards the 25th or even into July. That seems the best option at present.

Interested:

madhair60
Shoulders
canadagoose
The Mollusk
non capisco
The Midnight Watch Baboon
Spoon of Ploff
DrGreggles

Pink Gregory

Quote from: shoulders on May 16, 2022, 03:32:54 PMYes, 00s CaB had several Brum meets and it was a bit of a hotbed for Chris Morris fans in general actually, but several of that crowd left the forum, at least to my knowledge.

I was pondering in the York thread it's about time maybe for a Birmingham meet. Maybe we would get on?

There's only like three of us down in the South West so it'd be a real boon (Mrs B., Essex)

Provided one is welcome etc etc

Stoneage Dinosaurs


GoblinAhFuckScary

I'm really sad I missed the London one, and sad I've not been able to be very c&b active lately. Wonder if coming from Brighton is actually feasible

canadagoose

Quote from: shoulders on May 16, 2022, 04:23:15 PMComing to the Cambridge meet from Scotland would be insane, I'm moaning about travelling there from Leeds and I basically go anywhere that's under 3 hours away.
To be fair I'm not known for my sanity. At least the ECML is fairly fast nowadays.

SpiderChrist


DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on May 16, 2022, 04:29:19 PMAlright, let's lean towards the 25th or even into July. That seems the best option at present.

Start of Jul is good.

pancreas

I'm at a workshop in Cambridge for something like 22/5-1/6 and 6/6-17/6. (For information.) We could have more than one meet.

Twit 2

Ok so how about doing a Cam meet during the times you're visiting? The Cam and Cam-adjacent folks will be able to do it easily. And a separate Brum meet for the those who would find it harder to get to Cam and want something more central?

madhair60

yeah, great idea mate. cannibalise my Cambridge meet. amazing idea. top tier. cheers. thanks for that. just having a massive poo on my cambridge meet. really appreciate that mate. cheers. yeah. cheers. thanks. cheers. thanks. just diarrhoeaing all over my meet, swaying your arse left to right during the torrent to ensure maximum cack coverage, looking me directly in the eye and laughing maniacally throughout. cheers for that mate. really grateful for your considerate actions.

shoulders

He has still got to go to Cambridge and get something and I tell you what, I will love it if we beat them - love it!

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on May 17, 2022, 10:15:43 AMyeah, great idea mate. cannibalise my Cambridge meet. amazing idea. top tier. cheers. thanks for that. just having a massive poo on my cambridge meet. really appreciate that mate. cheers. yeah. cheers. thanks. cheers. thanks. just diarrhoeaing all over my meet, swaying your arse left to right during the torrent to ensure maximum cack coverage, looking me directly in the eye and laughing maniacally throughout. cheers for that mate. really grateful for your considerate actions.

LOLZ
#usurpedlikeamotherfucker

4th June?

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: pancreas on May 17, 2022, 12:11:37 AMI'm at a workshop in Cambridge for something like 22/5-1/6 and 6/6-17/6. (For information.) We could have more than one meet.
Check out this dunce. It's actually in Nottinghamshire.