Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Joker: Folie à Deux

Started by SteveDave, June 08, 2022, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonkers

Quote from: Replies From View on June 15, 2022, 11:49:39 AMI am quite confused about whether The Joker crosses into The Batman; I assumed they were unrelated, and the fact there's another random dude playing the Joker in the final scene of The Batman would appear to confirm this.  But does that mean these Joker films have no association with the Batman character and will be doing their own thing without him being connected, or will there be two unrelated franchises with their own versions of the other's characters?

It's quite confusing.  Don't you dare start claiming that it isn't confusing or I will physically jostle you in the armpit.

Completely separate as far as we know. The Waynes, including Bruce, are in the first Joker pretty prominently so it's still connected to Bat-stuff, but there's no indication it's got anything to do with the Pattison / Reeves Batmans.

JamesTC

Replies From View

Reeves was superman wasn't he?

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on June 15, 2022, 11:49:39 AMI meant to post this here but it ended up in the Batman thread instead.

Aye, from what I gather DC is doing the opposite of the MCU by having a bunch of individual universes for each franchise, so you've got the Joker universe with Phoenix, the Matt Reeves Batman universe, the Harley Quinn universe that collects together the tattered remains of the Justice League film and its associated flicks, and probably some others besides.

The Flash film is supposedly going to link all of these disparate universes (including Michael Keaton's Batverse) together by having Flash hop from timeline to timeline, but now Ezra Miller is being accused of kidnapping and sexual assault (and Spider-Man already did this gimmick anyway), so who knows if that'll even be released without Miller being digitally replaced with Tig Notaro or something.

Goldentony

born this way is better than cardiacs sing to god

OK, you got a hit this time, buster.
No it is not. I've not heard it, but no it is not.
You might be right about this nations saving grace. I looked up that gaga album and it's chock full of bangers.

Goldentony

everryone leave gaga alone and recognise this'll be dogshit without the addition of an Oscar winning SUPERSTARhenceforth or there'll be more 'HOME TRUTHS'

Mister Six

Gaga's a properly talented songwriter, singer and actor, so I'm not kidding when I say she's absolutely better than this. So is Phoenix, of course.

SteveDave

Quote from: Mister Six on June 15, 2022, 10:20:27 PMGaga's a properly talented songwriter, singer and actor, so I'm not kidding when I say she's absolutely better than this. So is Phoenix, of course.

Mamma mia! Deed-ah you no see-ah ah-"House A Gucci"?

Mister Six

I very deliberately did not, but she did a good turn in A Star Is Born.

I think I only lasted 30-40 minutes with House of Gucci before I had to turn it off, but she wasn't the worst thing about it.

I didn't mind the first Joker film. I'll definitely watch this one, though now that they've done the whole character origin thing, it's probably gonna be a much more straight forward superhero film, isn't it?

Povidone

Quote from: Goldentony on June 15, 2022, 06:25:58 PMborn this way is better than cardiacs sing to god

Truly a man who knows how to goad his audience. Next you'll be telling us retractable foreskins are actually the preferable status quo for penises.

willbo

My theory about this, is that no-one involved wants to do a Joker 2, but the money made and the studio pressure means they pretty much have to, IE Todd wotsit and Phoenix know that if they won't do it they'll be "punished" by Warner Bros (pushed out of roles etc) and the studio will just do it without them. So they're just gonna do it but have fun and do what they want.

willbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 15, 2022, 02:39:53 PMReeves was superman wasn't he?

confusingly enough, Christopher Reeve's son is called Matt/Matthew and also works in film. Maybe he should be playing a super Batman or something (Clark Kent takes up the mantle after Bruce falls)

phantom_power

This seems like the perfect announcement to annoy people who were excited about the film and excite people who were annoyed about it

SteveDave

Quote from: willbo on June 16, 2022, 08:04:38 AMMy theory about this, is that no-one involved wants to do a Joker 2, but the money made and the studio pressure means they pretty much have to, IE Todd wotsit and Phoenix know that if they won't do it they'll be "punished" by Warner Bros (pushed out of roles etc) and the studio will just do it without them. So they're just gonna do it but have fun and do what they want.

The "Crank 2" approach. A film that ends with the main character giving the finger to the camera.

willbo

Quote from: SteveDave on June 16, 2022, 08:56:39 AMThe "Crank 2" approach. A film that ends with the main character giving the finger to the camera.

I never saw crank 2, but I liked the first one.

SteveDave

Quote from: willbo on June 16, 2022, 09:26:00 AMI never saw crank 2, but I liked the first one.

The two writer/directors of the first one were asked to do a sequel and they said "How? The main character's dead!" then they were told that the studio would get someone else to make it so Neveldine/Taylor wrote the most over the top script they could almost (I think) to make it un-filmable but then realised how much they loved it and signed on to direct.

I still think there could be "Crank 3" where Chev is reanimated and has to put an old-timey car hand-crank up his arsehole to keep his heart going.

Replies From View

Quote from: willbo on June 16, 2022, 08:08:00 AMconfusingly enough, Christopher Reeve's son is called Matt/Matthew and also works in film. Maybe he should be playing a super Batman or something (Clark Kent takes up the mantle after Bruce falls)

Why can't people within specific families learn new careers?  It isn't the law to do what your poppa did in life.  If anything it just makes you appear weakened to be a copy-cat loser boy with pooed-in pantyhose.

I bet he tries to vomit at the same time as his dad even when he doesn't feel ill.  Pathetic.

idunnosomename

Quote from: non capisco on June 14, 2022, 11:37:03 AMJOOOOOOKER
YES, MY NAME IS THE JOOOOOOKER
I'M A VERY STRANGE BLOKE-ER
AND IN GOTHAM I DWELL

You can't just use the melody from Memories out of Cats, Todd.

SSSSSSOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!
just say its Ravel's Bolero

non capisco

SteveDave

Steve Miller is waiting for the call from his agent

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: momatt on June 14, 2022, 06:03:59 PMI hope this will be like the Gaga Simpsons episode.  The whole film should be about how amazing and talented and perfect she is and feature a big fuck-off steam train with her stupid fucking face on it.  Joker and Quinn can ride around on it having wacky murdering adventures and sometimes suck each other off.
Then whenever she's not on screen, the other characters should be asking, "Where's Gaga?".

Making it utterly shit and unwatchable.
Thanks you please.
They should call it Folie A Doh and have the Joker battle Homer Simpson. That would really be hilarious! Why aren't there more Simpsons crossovers? He should team up with the Minions.

I've never actually seen Lady Gaga act in anything (I've erased the Simpsons episode from my memory; I'm fairly sure I watched it but can't remember anything from the Simpsons this millennium*) so I don't know if CaB's hatred is justified. She was fine in the Poker Face video.

*Except Katy Perry in a tight dress, obviously.

Goldentony

Don't listen to anyone on here re Lady Gaga on here except me

lipsink

Nevermind.

lipsink

Quote from: Mister Six on June 15, 2022, 06:04:30 PMbut now Ezra Miller is being accused of kidnapping and sexual assault (and Spider-Man already did this gimmick anyway)

Wow, No Way Home sounds dark as fuck.

willbo

Quote from: Mister Six on June 15, 2022, 10:20:27 PMGaga's a properly talented songwriter, singer and actor, so I'm not kidding when I say she's absolutely better than this. So is Phoenix, of course.

we don't know what "this" is yet though. It might be amazing

Povidone

It wont be though, because the first one was cynical shit for cunts. The Batman was cynical shit for cunts. Why would a follow up to this current iteration of edgelord wankbait DC films be good?

None of this has anything to do with Lady Gaga.

Mister Six

What Povidone said, although I liked Shazam.

Quote from: lipsink on June 23, 2022, 07:32:49 AMWow, No Way Home sounds dark as fuck.

Very good! Gave me a proper chuckle.

Mister Six

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 15, 2022, 10:31:51 PMI didn't mind the first Joker film. I'll definitely watch this one, though now that they've done the whole character origin thing, it's probably gonna be a much more straight forward superhero film, isn't it?

Presumably it'll be ripping off Natural Born Killers instead of King of Comedy and Taxi Driver. I quite enjoy crime spree movies, so I wouldn't be opposed to this if I didn't think both NBK and (more importantly) Joker were shit.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 22, 2022, 04:58:28 PMThey should call it Folie A Doh and have the Joker battle Homer Simpson.

Folie A (Annoyed Grunt)