Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Warner has died

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 25, 2022, 12:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

dontpaintyourteeth

Very impressive career, thought he was particularly ace as Gul Madred though. RIP

Malcy

Yeah bit gutted about this one. Great actor and always a delight to see him pop up in something.

Buelligan

I liked him because he seemed subtle, a little sarcastic.  Damn fine qualities.

Crenners

I lost a lot of respect for him over the ball tampering but fair play the guy pretty much reinvented the idea of a Test Match opener.

kalowski

Loved him in Time Bandits and his head rolling turn in The Omen.

M-CORP

By sheer coincidence I saw earlier that Time Bandits is on Film4 this afternoon. Not seen it before and wanted to rectify that... now hear this news. Looking through his impressive filmography now, so many roles in so many different but equally respectable things. That I know him best as that Ultravox-obsessed guy in an episode of Doctor Who once doesn't feel right.

Norton Canes

From the Guardian's obit: Ian Holm, Ian Richardson and David Warner at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford in September 1963

Cold Meat Platter

Great comic performance in The Man With Two Brains.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 25, 2022, 01:25:04 PMFrom the Guardian's obit: Ian Holm, Ian Richardson and David Warner at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford in September 1963

That's ace!

Saw he died at Denville Hall. They could make such a brilliant fly-on-the-wall documentary about that place.

poo

He never got over Broad. Sad.

Poobum

Chancellor Gorkgone. He was one of my favourite "hey it's that guy" actors.

ajsmith2

Bob Dylan now the sole surviving cast member of Madhouse On Castle Street.

Cerys

Sniffle.  Rest in Pieces.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

studpuppet

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 25, 2022, 01:45:11 PMThat's ace!

Saw he died at Denville Hall. They could make such a brilliant fly-on-the-wall documentary about that place.

Totally OT, but it reminds me of Brinsworth House - Robin Askwith occasionally tweets pics of Richard O'Sullivan when he and George Layton (another 'it's that guy!' actor) visit or he has a Zoom chat, which is just the sweetest showbiz thing ever. Mike Yarwood's in there as well apparently.

https://twitter.com/Robin_Askwith/status/1522811566713978880

https://twitter.com/Robin_Askwith/status/1532420175819157505

LordMorgan

Was great playing Jack the Ripper in time after time.
A very underrated film

Midas

Armed Traffic Warden

Very good actor. His turns in Time Bandits and LOG's Apocalypse are great comedy performances. That said he turns up everywhere and is one of those actors who (though I've seen him in some dross) rises to the top and brings others with him.

pigamus

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 25, 2022, 01:45:11 PMThat's ace!

They should play football against the one Richard O'Sullivan's in

Virgo76

Loved him in Time Bandits. Funny and genuinely menacing at the same time.

bakabaka

Loved him in The Tick.

And Freakazoid.

Johnny Yesno

Alberon

David Warnout.

Was in Star Trek 5 and 6 as two different characters, went on to torture Picard and battled an Ice Warrior in a submarine.

Another actor who elevated a great deal of everything he was in.

Keebleman

He was very close to being a proper A-list movie star in the 60s, but I suppose he just wasn't handsome enough.

The text of Hamlet I used for A-level had him on the cover.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Virgo76 on July 25, 2022, 07:54:37 PMLoved him in Time Bandits. Funny and genuinely menacing at the same time.
There's two lines ("That's a good question" and "Sorry") he delivers after zapping one of his minions that he makes so much funnier than he had any right to do. Great stuff.

Applemask

I didn't know he and Lisa Bowerman were common-law married.

Twit 2

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 25, 2022, 10:30:19 PMThere's two lines ("That's a good question" and "Sorry") he delivers after zapping one of his minions that he makes so much funnier than he had any right to do. Great stuff.

As a strident molluscophobe, I always appreciated his rant about slugs.

Virgo76

Quote from: Keebleman on July 25, 2022, 10:17:23 PMHe was very close to being a proper A-list movie star in the 60s, but I suppose he just wasn't handsome enough.

The text of Hamlet I used for A-level had him on the cover.
I would dispute this.
I know he was a star of British theatre but I didn't think he was in that many 60s films.

druss

Cheating, violent scumbag. But also the best voice acting for a villain in a computer game.