Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

She Will

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 26, 2022, 08:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I fear given the production date was a year ago this is another one of them ones where despite searching via Google, a thread was already made.

Anyone seen this then? I thought it was great. Clint Mansell did a banging soundtrack as well.

It has an almost Sunset Boulevard thing from a former actress recovering (although from surgery rather than just being a mad old star)
Spoiler alert
but she goes away to some remote retreat that was the grounds of witch burnings and harnesses that power to get revenge.
[close]
Kota Eberhardt played her nurse and she was great as well.

Didn't much care for this. The first half was intriguing but then it got a bit boring.
It didn't have enough atmosphere and suspense to stay interesting.
I was glad when it ended, nice to have the story wrapped up, but, nah, everything was way too on the nose and it just took too long to not do very much.

I should have loved it, it's all right up my street, but I didn't get much out of it, to be honest.
Felt like it would have worked a lot better as a half hour episode of something, or with more stuff going on.
I thought the girl who played the nurse was poor, kept breaking my immersion.

Junglist

Watched this in the local arthouse.

Its a weird mix of genuinely dreadful moments coupled with wonderful moments. Loved where it headed, bored me to fucking tears in parts.

Very odd reaction I've had to a film, that, but glad I watched it.