Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,328
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do Americans Think That Britain Had Slavery Like They Did?

Started by Dr Rock, August 06, 2022, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

touchingcloth

Quote from: Vodkafone on August 10, 2022, 12:04:56 AMnative people in a lot of the world had subsistence lifestyles that did not require them to be toiling all day, they had quite a bit of leisure time.

It bears repeating that hunter-gatherers work on average about half the time that farmers and industrial workers do. The ubiquitous myth of the labour-saving potential of machines. "It's far easier to have oxen plough the field then pick the crops than it is to forage and chase after animals. Right? RIGHT?"

beanheadmcginty

Thing is, one of the main things I'd want a slave for is to cook me lunch and dinner. But the problem there is, would you trust food prepared by someone who almost certainly hates you for keeping them as a slave?
It's like when my dad was in prison years ago and was astonished to find that the screws got the inmates to make their dinner for them.
So ultimately I don't think having a slave is worth it. Unless you're building a pyramid or something inedible like that.

Replies From View

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 09, 2022, 11:12:39 PMA perpetual daisychain of folk beating and burning and fucking each other to death.

Imagine being in the line where they're going "beating, burning, fucking, beating, burning, fucking" pointing at each one, and they get to you and the finger dictates that you're not even going to be fucked to death.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on August 10, 2022, 02:56:55 PMImagine being in the line where they're going "beating, burning, fucking, beating, burning, fucking" pointing at each one, and they get to you and the finger dictates that you're not even going to be fucked to death.

Daft Punk have let themselves go.