Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:19:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How big could you make a dog?

Started by Zero Gravitas, August 08, 2022, 03:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Gravitas

Inspired by the giant sperm thread.

If you had access to the cutting edge of veterinary science and were free to dope it up with whatever dog growth hormones and nutrition required, replace all of the joints and reinforce all of the limbs.

This is a serious enquiry, no discussion of riding these animals will be cottoned to.

imitationleather

The issue here is that we all know the bigger the dog, the shorter the lifespan.

So you if you had a dog that was, say, twice the size of a Great Dane it'd probably only live a year or something. Which would be very upsetting and, not to mention, extremely cost-ineffective.

Zero Gravitas

I can't see how that can be true, Elephants can live for up to 70 years, just because it's covered in fur it'll only last 5 minutes?

You can shave the dog, and hook it up to some kind of heat exchanger to keep it cool.

imitationleather

FACT CHECK: An elephant is not a breed of dog.

Glebe

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 08, 2022, 03:31:37 AMIf you had access to the cutting edge of veterinary science and were free to dope it up with whatever dog growth hormones and nutrition required, replace all of the joints and reinforce all of the limbs.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: imitationleather on August 08, 2022, 04:09:56 AMFACT CHECK: An elephant is not a breed of dog.

HALF-TRUE: An elephant is not a dog, it is however a perfectly valid model for canine gerontology.

Quote from: Glebe on August 08, 2022, 04:11:05 AM

Good, the size needs work but I do like the hammered copper carapace and emergency tea strainer.

shoulders

QuoteGreat Dane Zeus made a big impression on his owners, the Doorlag family (above) from Michigan, USA. No wonder, given that he stood 111.8 cm (3 ft 10 in) to the shoulder, as confirmed in 2011. This makes him the largest dog ever verified by Guinness World Records

So at least that big.

Captain Z

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 08, 2022, 03:31:37 AMInspired by the giant sperm thread.

Very disappointed that I can't seem to find this.

dissolute ocelot

The grey wolf is the largest canid, so is probably an upper limit, although if you paint it white it looks bigger.

Dr Rock

How are you reinforcing the limbs? This is crucial.

dontpaintyourteeth

on a scale of odie to digby? probably a scooby

The Mollusk

I feel like if I got the job as a hype man for a dog I could make that dog huge

YOOOO HERE COMES A GOOD FUCKIN BOYYYY ARE Y'ALL READY HE'S COMING AND HE'S WAGGING HIS TAIL AND HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S READY FOR BELLY RUBS!!! MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE DOOGGGGG

Dog would absolutely blow up, massive, biggest in the game

Top dog

shoulders

Absolutely fucking fuck-off cunt of the most colossal order, shits that wipe out entire regions.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 08, 2022, 08:25:11 AMThe grey wolf is the largest canid, so is probably an upper limit, although if you paint it white it looks bigger.

Although depending on definitions, sealions and bears can be classed as dogs or dog-like. So probably bear on stilts with some kind of big hat is the maximum land-dog.

Dex Sawash

No wonder more actual dogs don't post here

Mr Vegetables

Can I replace the limbs with very large things, then say those count as bits of the dog

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on August 08, 2022, 11:49:37 AMCan I replace the limbs with very large things, then say those count as bits of the dog

Why not just glue the dog to an elephant's back in that case?

Glebe

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 08, 2022, 03:31:37 AMno discussion of riding these animals will be cottoned to.

John Oliver leaves thread disappointed.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 08, 2022, 08:28:28 AMHow are you reinforcing the limbs? This is crucial.

Just bone fracture fixation plates, but lots of them and preemptively.

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on August 08, 2022, 11:49:37 AMCan I replace the limbs with very large things, then say those count as bits of the dog

Seems either cheating or cruel, just slapping giraffe legs on a dog isn't a dog anymore.

Pumping it full of immune suppressants and putting the giraffe bones and muscles in there wrapped in dog seems a little cruel.

Ideally we'd have the dog making it's own dog but reinforce and encourage it as needed.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 08, 2022, 02:48:28 PMJust bone fracture fixation plates, but lots of them and preemptively.

Seems either cheating or cruel, just slapping giraffe legs on a dog isn't a dog anymore.

Pumping it full of immune suppressants and putting the giraffe bones and muscles in there wrapped in dog seems a little cruel.

Ideally we'd have the dog making it's own dog but reinforce and encourage it as needed.

What about using gene sequencing to give dogs the tall gene from giraffes?

Ferris

Is this the thread for me to discharge my feelings on the appalling live-action adaptation of Clifford the Big Red Dog?

Zero Gravitas

That's more like it!!

Assuming you can set aside your feelings about the script and tell me how big they get him and how?

Replies From View

The other movie comparison worth holding in mind is the Davyboy Cronenberg iteration of The Fly, in which all the most gripping features of a common housefly are projected into a human scaling.

So all anybody really needs to do here is work out the ratio of housefly size to human size, then use the same ratio to scale up a dog into a fully-fledged leaping and bounding puppylad.

Video Game Fan 2000

do you think when we can't use petrol any more we could maybe use giant dog vaginas as a parcel service? is that the plan behind this thread

Video Game Fan 2000

you cant fast travel when enemies are near

Ray Travez

Things were bigger in prehistoric times because there was more oxygen, so perhaps breeding a dog in an artificial oxygen-rich environment could make it bigger?

Is it true that all dogs have ancestry with wolves? Even those little ones that live in sleeves?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Ray Travez on August 09, 2022, 12:34:07 AMThings were bigger in prehistoric times because there was more oxygen, so perhaps breeding a dog in an artificial oxygen-rich environment could make it bigger?

Is it true that all dogs have ancestry with wolves? Even those little ones that live in sleeves?
Dogs are all descended from crap wolves who decided it was easier to hang around humans, look cute, and beg for food around 30-40,000 years ago. Actually the history of the dog is quite complex because dogs seemingly descended from some kind of ice age wolves rather than modern grey wolves. Since then there has been a lot of dog-wolf sexy times to confuse the DNA record, so most modern wolves have a lot of dog DNA. Wolves (and hence dogs) probably descended from smaller hyena-like things such as the charmingly-named "bone-crushing dogs" (now extinct).

Replies From View

descended is the right word I'd say

fuckin plummeted from wolves

Replies From View

Do tiny little dogs know what size they are?  When they see huge dogs in a park do they think they are the same scale of animal, but standing on a lower platform?

amateur