Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scene report: Saw some white dog shit earlier

Started by The Mollusk, August 11, 2022, 02:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

I was listening to Village Green Preservation Society as well - "god bless whooping cough, woodbine cigs and the P-word!".

I can't tell you how hard and fast this fleeting sight made the lamentations of the fucking GOOD OLD DAYS boil up in my bladder and come firing out my wand like the burst pipes we used to drink from with no health repercussions whatsoever. I felt so footloose and fancy free in that moment that I daresay I could have walked 10 miles to knock on for my mate and see if they wanted to come out and play and even if they weren't home or just about to have their tea I would have shrugged and skipped home through the park and probably been molested by no less than six filthy old squeezers and suffered absolutely zero trauma because I was just so ELATED to have been back in those glorious old times for a few seconds.

I don't mean to wistfully gas too much but daze argon.

shiftwork2

Dogs no longer drink Liquid Paper like they did in the 70s/80s.

Butchers Blind

beanheadmcginty

Interesting. I also saw one back in June while out for a walk in Devon and was equally taken aback. Assumed it was from an albino dog or something, but thinking about it, maybe we're witnessing a return of the phenomenon due to the cost of living crisis. What better way to keep costs down than chuck a load of old crematorium ash in the chum?

Fry

I saw one yesterday in Havant! It was exhilarating!

Sebastian Cobb

Could point to a return to high ash content in dog food.

State of this country.

Blumf

Are you sure you haven't walked through a time portal like Rodney did in Goodnight Sweetheart? Get some Spangles if you have.

EDIT: Actually, some Pacers would be better.

buzby

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 11, 2022, 02:27:29 PMWhat better way to keep costs down than chuck a load of old crematorium ash in the chum?
Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 11, 2022, 03:11:05 PMCould point to a return to high ash content in dog food.

State of this country.
The 'Crude Ash' percentage on the label of dog food doesn't mean ash has been added into the mix. It's used as a way to denote the percentage of minerals in the food. It's derived by burning a sample of the food and measuring the residue, as the protein, fats and carbohydrates all burn away without trace.

The disappearance of white dog shit was always put down to dogs no longer being fed the bone from the sunday roast. It's reappearance may be due to the current popularity of dry foods, which have a higher ash percentage (6-10%) than wet foods (1-2%).

buttgammon

Finally, the Tories deliver on producing their nostalgia machine!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: buzby on August 11, 2022, 03:31:04 PMIt's reappearance may be due to the current popularity of dry foods, which have a higher ash percentage (6-10%) than wet foods (1-2%).
My experience with drier, less nutritious kibble (such as Bonio) is that it doesn't produce white dog shit, it's more like you mixed up a mug full of Colemans mustard with a bit too much water and didn't bother stirring the lumps out. You can't get it in a bag, anyway.

The Mollusk

There it is guys: hard, half obliterated proof

Butchers Blind

Glebe

Sarah Silverman will be delighted by this news!

non capisco

There was more earlier but I saw Lisa Stansfield walking briskly away from the area with an ice box.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I was looking after my friends' dog last week and saw loads of pale plops in the park. All dry, crumbly and not put in the many bins provided.

I thought the colour was just due to the sun bleaching them and their modern scarcity was because people (in other parks) clean it up these days.

Alberon

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 11, 2022, 05:48:24 PM

There it is guys: hard, half obliterated proof

That's probably just some cocaine pellets which a drug mule accidentally sharted out during their onward journey from the airport.

You could try rubbing it on your gums. If it doesn't make your gums go numb and tastes strongly of dogshit, it's likely 100% pure Bolivian and you should collect it and sell it to some gangsters for a tidy sum.