Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elden Ring - Shadow of the Erdtree [split topic]

Started by Chollis, February 20, 2024, 08:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

just gonna bump this cos DLC's gotta be soon right? after running my sword through DS3 i'm so ready, but I'm not sure if I'll replay it again with a new char before it comes out or stick with my original main. looking back at my elden ring run after playing sekiro and DS3 and bits of DS1 i realised how much I abused the shit out my L2 special. tempted to run it through again just using total dog-water weapons, maybe a flail + shield, minimal weapon arts. what you fuckin nerds planning?

druss

Got to be an announcement on the 2 year anniversary. They released Dark Souls 3 closer to Dark Souls 2 than the gap between this game and DLC is going to be!

Thursday

Yeah the focus would have been pretty heavily on Armored Core after Elden Ring was done, but even so they've usually got multiple teams working in different things, and considering the impressive size of previous DLC's relative to development time, it's got to be big.

Thursday

Mobius

Fuck yes! It'll be some cinematic video teaser but at least we're on the way

Poobum

Can't wait to be rolling about in blind panic again!

Noodle Lizard

This'll be my first time actually waiting for a Fromsoft release. I've been spoiled by having all the past content available to me at whim, so I expect to throw a tantrum if this takes much longer to come out.

Still, perhaps its cresting on the horizon will encourage a few of the dropouts here to get stuck back into it.

The F Bomb

Quote from: Mobius on February 20, 2024, 11:55:27 PMFuck yes! It'll be some cinematic video teaser but at least we're on the way

I assume it's gameplay rather than cinematics because of the wording. I'm not really interested in a teaser trailer after fifteen years or whatever.

Noodle Lizard

I expect we'll get a 20+ minute video from Vaati about it, either way.

Chollis

2 months at least i reckon. no point in living anymore

Mobius

Quote from: The F Bomb on February 21, 2024, 02:34:58 AMI assume it's gameplay rather than cinematics because of the wording. I'm not really interested in a teaser trailer after fifteen years or whatever.

I was so excited I didn't even notice the poster specifically says GAMEPLAY so I reckon you are right

Noodle Lizard

It'd be great if it came out and it just looked like total shit. All poison swamps and extra peninsulas off Limgrave, all the bosses are just mega Crucible Knights or King Magma Wyrm or whatever. Godskin Quintet.

It'd be good if it was like that and everyone was very unhappy.

chutnut

yeah June 21st, fucking ages away!
Trailer looks cool, just more of the same really

druss

Looks like biggest DLC ever which we knew but still, very exciting. Going to resist watching the trailer again before release I think.

Thursday

Just looks like more of one of the best game's ever made. Load of shite.

Noodle Lizard

Ah, a small stupid part of me was still hoping it would be out on the 25th for the anniversary! It must be a big'un though - presumably the other games' DLCs didn't cost $40 at launch?

Some snippets of the trailer look great. Definitely a fan-pleaser, showcasing pretty much everything we'd been hoping for (ending on that Crucible Knight winged incantation). It looks as though it might be a sort of Greatest Hits tribute as well; I saw bosses reminiscent of Artorias, Ludwig and (fuckin') Isshin. Not complaining.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: druss on February 21, 2024, 08:31:42 PMInteresting... seems to be implying that there might be a Dark Souls 4 one day.

Yeah that bit confused me, since I thought he made it pretty certain that DS3 would be the end of the series. Maybe something didn't translate well.

---

One thing I love about this is how fans were so sure the DLC would be all the leftover characters mentioned in the main game (Miquella, Godwyn, Formless Mother and such). Then the trailer arrives and it's all "Get ready for MESSMER!"

druss

Reading between the lines I also think we aren't ever getting a 60fps patch for Bloodborne but we will get Bloodborne remake as a launch title for the PS6.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: druss on February 21, 2024, 10:02:54 PMReading between the lines I also think we aren't ever getting a 60fps patch for Bloodborne but we will get Bloodborne remake as a launch title for the PS6.

I thought there was some boring licensing thing that would prevent that from happening, but I'm not sure. Seems daft for the PS6 to even be on the horizon when it feels like the PS5 has barely done anything yet.

Thursday

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on February 21, 2024, 10:19:06 PMI thought there was some boring licensing thing that would prevent that from happening, but I'm not sure. Seems daft for the PS6 to even be on the horizon when it feels like the PS5 has barely done anything yet.

Just the other day there was a statement going round about PS5 being in the back half of it's life. I do agree it seems mad because very little has come out for it and it was about 18 months before you could just go and buy one on a whim instead of having to compete with backlogs of pre-orders. But it was out November 2020 and I guess 7 years wouldn't be such an unusual cycle if it came out Nov 2027. Shorter than recent one's but not so long if you go back further.

jimboslice

PS2:2000, PS3:2006, PS4:2013, PS5:2020. 2027 is reasonable I guess.

You're right though, what's the most significant PS5 exclusive? It's just a slightly better looking PS4 that loads games a lot faster.

druss

Quote from: jimboslice on February 22, 2024, 08:31:25 AMPS2:2000, PS3:2006, PS4:2013, PS5:2020. 2027 is reasonable I guess.

You're right though, what's the most significant PS5 exclusive? It's just a slightly better looking PS4 that loads games a lot faster.
Was going to say Returnal but that's on PC now.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: jimboslice on February 22, 2024, 08:31:25 AMPS2:2000, PS3:2006, PS4:2013, PS5:2020. 2027 is reasonable I guess.

There was also a massive delay in rolling the PS5 out properly, so most of its games were simultaneously released on PS4 anyway (and still continue to be). The technological difference between PS4 and PS5 is much smaller than PS2 to PS3 or even PS3 to PS4 I'd say. Not sure what they've got in mind for the PS6, but I can't imagine I'll be rushing to get one.

druss

I am such a sucker that I would buy a PS6 for the sole reason of playing Bloodborne at 60fps.

Noodle Lizard

I've been looking at the past DLC trailers to try and get an idea for how much they reveal. After comparing, I'm putting my money on this fellow being the final boss:

One weird thing I noticed about The Old Hunters trailer is that it features plenty of clips of bosses/areas from the base game. Maybe just showing off new weapons, but it's not always clear.