Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gallagher/Squire

Started by SteveDave, December 21, 2023, 01:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

I'm trying to work out just what Lee Mavers' (if that is indeed supposed to him next to Gillespie) is going through to make that expression. I'll go with the exact moment his pubes get caught in the zip on his jeans - a split second of confusion before agony.

imitationleather

I mean. The guy's clearly talented. That's the tragedy.

sevendaughters

lol the songs are anticipating their own reaction because they're so ahead of the game

Key

Still can't figure out sunglasses man at the bottom, is it meant to be Shaun Ryder? Looks a bit like Jay-Z. Other than that, good work. Some head scratching choices tho indeed.

Quote from: Key on March 28, 2024, 10:50:35 AMStill can't figure out sunglasses man at the bottom, is it meant to be Shaun Ryder? Looks a bit like Jay-Z. Other than that, good work. Some head scratching choices tho indeed.

Apparently it's
Spoiler alert
Rick Witter.
[close]

Never would've got that in million years.

Marbles

Noel looks like a zombie that's been thumped in the neck with a baseball bat...but even that can't stop the Rock'n'Roll Attitude!!

boki

Quote from: iamcoop on March 27, 2024, 04:35:40 PMOh Mr Indie Scene Indie My Banana
Daylight come and the packet's run out

iamcoop

Such an important record for the indie scene, this one

dontpaintyourteeth

alright indie scene mate

Kankurette

That is a surprisingly good Tommy Scott tbf. Surprised to see him in there considering the sort of people who like Primal Scream hate Space. Or maybe it's just John Harris.

Depressing lack of women in there too. Where's Louise Wener? Or Cerys Matthews (because if you're going to put Tommy in there, you might as well have her too)?

dontpaintyourteeth

I don't think most people think about Space at all anymore tbh

dontpaintyourteeth

It's weird to think of Primal Scream having fans. Surely nobody says their favourite band is Primal Scream? Can you imagine someone liking the fey indie stuff and the dancey stuff and the shit boogie stuff all equally?

Kankurette

Someone's buying those albums.
Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 28, 2024, 12:40:52 PMI don't think most people think about Space at all anymore tbh
Hated Space, then.

iamcoop

Kankurette

Has anyone actually listened to the thing?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2024, 12:50:45 PMHas anyone actually listened to the thing?
Got bored after the 10th chorus they went on about "clobbering time"

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on March 27, 2024, 09:32:24 PMI'm trying to work out just what Lee Mavers' (if that is indeed supposed to him next to Gillespie) is going through to make that expression. I'll go with the exact moment his pubes get caught in the zip on his jeans - a split second of confusion before agony.

I guess they figured this was the best Mavers photo to use as reference

On that note, rare appearance by the man himself recently

sevendaughters

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2024, 12:50:45 PMHas anyone actually listened to the thing?

yes. only once, so I'm not allowed to comment on it as per the James Hargreaves rule.

Spoiler alert
it is absolutely awful
[close]

Is that Justine Frischmann between Bret Anderson and bog standard Britpop cunt #3?

boki

I had a go, cos I'd heard that it wasn't actually that bad, but got bored pretty quickly.

Icehaven

Quote from: famethrowa on March 22, 2024, 12:59:10 AMIt's hardly "news"

just imagine!

She's not even sitting next to him, she's sitting behind him and two seats away the lying cow.

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 28, 2024, 12:42:44 PMIt's weird to think of Primal Scream having fans. Surely nobody says their favourite band is Primal Scream? Can you imagine someone liking the SHIT fey indie stuff and the SHIT dancey stuff and the SHIT shit boogie stuff all equally?

jobotic

Why is he wearing a hat? Open top plane is it?

dontpaintyourteeth

I mean, yeah, Primal Scream are shite, just can't imagine someone liking all their different styles of shite

iamcoop

Monumental record for the scene, this. Huge.

dontpaintyourteeth

I need to take the time to really listen to this, it's such a big album for the indie scene

iamcoop

They say you need to take time to listen to it but when I played it the other night it kinda felt like it was listening to me, you know?

dontpaintyourteeth

Can you sum up how big this is for the indie scene in a word?

iamcoop

"Come on, you know LG X"

imitationleather

The boys have not disappointed. Never in doubt.

There's hooks on this that would get my Nan rocking out.