Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Guilty pleasures.

Started by rjd2, April 07, 2011, 06:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Oh christ... PiS is both the worst and the best thing ever.

holyzombiejesus

Pointless was brilliant tonight. Richard blathering on about The Computer That Wore Tennis Shoes was quite astonishing.

One thing that's really started getting on my tits is the incredibly irritating montage that they've started showing at the end of CBBC, just before Pointless starts. Loads of shots of that Scottish cunt larking about and obviously thinking that he's stupendously hilarious. You'd have never found Pip, Mark or the Andy/i s doing that silly shit.

Famous Mortimer

"Ancient Aliens"

History Channel show where if you played a drinking game every time they used more than three "weasel words" in a sentence, you'd be dead before the first advert break. It also features internet meme Giorgio Tsoukalos, maybe the biggest charlatan of them all:

It's hilarious, but deeply awful. Things that have been thoroughly explained for decades pop up as if they've never been explained before, and Erich von Daniken, who was allowed to get a foothold back in popular culture, shows up to talk bollocks. Arrgghhh I hate it but it's so much fun to mock.

Blue Jam

I've just realised Channel 4's Sensitive Freakshow Series Supersize vs Superskinny is back. As utterly formulaic as it is I somehow never get bored of watching it. I also never have a problem with eating while it's on. Maybe I'll be on it one day as the Supersizer.

I'm wondering why they've stopped doing the Food Tubes bit- it was pretty wasteful so maybe there was a budget cut, but in any case I'm glad that's gone. I'm also wondering how Christian Jessen can admit to  being life-threateningly vain and still fail to get a decent haircut.

Awww, I don't want to knock him too much though, he seems lovely, like that lovely groper Gok Wan. I wouldn't class Gok Wan's recent series on bullying as trash TV but I will watch absolutely bloody anything he is on, the lovely closet straight boob-obsessed perv.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 04, 2012, 08:09:28 AM
"Ancient Aliens"

History Channel show where if you played a drinking game every time they used more than three "weasel words" in a sentence, you'd be dead before the first advert break. It also features internet meme Giorgio Tsoukalos, maybe the biggest charlatan of them all:

It's hilarious, but deeply awful. Things that have been thoroughly explained for decades pop up as if they've never been explained before, and Erich von Daniken, who was allowed to get a foothold back in popular culture, shows up to talk bollocks. Arrgghhh I hate it but it's so much fun to mock.
haha I love that show, not just because of the endlessly creative weasel words...'so could all of human civilization be the product of aliens'...no it couldn't. But could aliens really have built the Pyramids? No. Every silly point is asked as a question to legitimise it (not that I don't have time for hancocks work for instance), but it's all so shifty.  Also the increasingly ludicrous hairstyles of the guy in your pic, his absurd quiff is almost as outlandish as his silly  ideas.

Famous Mortimer

In season 3, his hair reaches new heights of awesomeness, to the extent it made one of our happy Ancient Aliens-obsessed throng gasp loudly when he was first rolled on.

Custard

Missing The Hotel more than my wife and kids :-(

Anyone see C4's My Phone Sex Secrets? Was about yer average lady about town turning to phone sex to make a living. Funny, yet hugely bleak at the same time

Middleaged woman, painting her living-room wall, rolling her eyes - "Ooh stuff it right up me, you dirty swine"

I miss The Hotel :-(

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: Shameless on March 15, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

I am following Mark on Twitter and Facebook
How sad is that!?

GoochDogHigh5s

Anyone see C4's My Phone Sex Secrets? Was about yer average lady about town turning to phone sex to make a living. Funny, yet hugely bleak at the same time

Middleaged woman, painting her living-room wall, rolling her eyes - "Ooh stuff it right up me, you dirty swine"

Yeah that was strange. I liked the lady that was talking about cocks and fucking while she was shopping in Asda. Bloody good money though.

Missing The Hotel more than my wife and kids :-(

I was intrigued and delighted to hear Fat Harry White from Mark & Lard's old Radio 1 afternoon show phoning up the 'older lady' (the one who started seeing one of her clients).  One of the top comedy moments of the TV year so far for me!

Dead kate moss

Quote from: GoochDogHigh5s on March 16, 2012, 12:52:27 PM
Yeah that was strange. I liked the lady that was talking about cocks and fucking while she was shopping in Asda. Bloody good money though.

That was my ex-gf. She didn't do phone sex when I was seeing her. She was an air-stewarding, modeling, pole-dancer.

Bachelor News! (possibly just of interest to Blue Jam). Gavin & Cawianne have now split and she's done an interview in Reveal, saying he shaved his legs, insists on sex in the dark, and then the sex dried up. Good choice Gavbot.

Famous Mortimer

I rather enjoyed that doc as well, it was quite good fun really. The woman who talked about it ruining her view of men was quite interesting, I suppose they've not got tons of time to develop those ideas though. Certainly interesting.

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: Dead kate moss on March 16, 2012, 02:34:47 PM
That was my ex-gf. She didn't do phone sex when I was seeing her. She was an air-stewarding, modeling, pole-dancer.

Thats what I call a multi tasker

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 16, 2012, 01:06:44 PM
I was intrigued and delighted to hear Fat Harry White from Mark & Lard's old Radio 1 afternoon show phoning up the 'older lady' (the one who started seeing one of her clients).  One of the top comedy moments of the TV year so far for me!

My wife remarked on how all the callers had a similar voice.

Utter Shit

I was quite surprised to see that one of the phone sex workers was quite good looking. Seemed a waste. I really enjoyed the indifferent way she said "really they're the same as any other job's clients, except they're wanking". It wouldn't have been out of place in Human Remains.

Dead kate moss

Quote from: Utter Shit on March 16, 2012, 03:54:31 PM
I was quite surprised to see that one of the phone sex workers was quite good looking. Seemed a waste. I really enjoyed the indifferent way she said "really they're the same as any other job's clients, except they're wanking". It wouldn't have been out of place in Human Remains.

Again, that was my ex. She wouldn't consider it a waste, she loved/s her line of work.

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 16, 2012, 03:49:32 PM
I presumed that they had disguised them

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 16, 2012, 03:49:32 PM

I'd recognise Fat Harry's voice and throaty beached-whale bellows anywhere.  9 minutes 30 to 10 minutes 37 are bleak and priceless at the same time.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-phone-sex-secrets/4od#3298542

"Ah blooody 'ave!"  he says when asked if he has his organ out already.

I was worried he was going to crash the old soft-top Bedford Rascal.

Custard

Aye, I asked the production team to stick a filter on my voice

Heh, I had no idea that Mark from The Hotel was on Twitter. I thought he couldn't use a computer?

THE SELL-OUT

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: Shameless on March 17, 2012, 12:48:03 AM
Aye, I asked the production team to stick a filter on my voice

Heh, I had no idea that Mark from The Hotel was on Twitter. I thought he couldn't use a computer?

THE SELL-OUT
He has probably got someone else to type it for him

Custard

Bloody ell, it gets worse

HEROES - THEY ALWAYS LET ONE DOWN

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 17, 2012, 12:44:38 AM

"Ah blooody 'ave!"  he says when asked if he has his organ out already.
That bit made me laugh. I'm chuckling now remembering it, as well. Watch it, you people in this thread who haven't done so already.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dead kate moss on March 16, 2012, 02:34:47 PM

...and Cawianne?

Quote from: Dead kate moss on March 16, 2012, 02:34:47 PMBachelor News! (possibly just of interest to Blue Jam). Gavin & Cawianne have now split and she's done an interview in Reveal, saying he shaved his legs, insists on sex in the dark, and then the sex dried up. Good choice Gavbot.

(yes indeed, cheers dkm). Awwww, what happened? Did Gavbot actually watch the series and realise he'd chosen the show's own pantomime villain? Did Cawianne realise her "prize" wasn't that great after all and begin to lust for someone with an actual personality? Does this mean Gavbot is free to record a second series? I hope so, given that he still seems busy not playing rugby for Wales.

I'd watch the others on YouTube but I know none of the other Batchelors could ever compare to The Gavbotchelor.

Blue Jam

...aaaaaand the real star of Take Me Out has gone (to Fernando's). Last week we lost STEPHANIE and now Gracie has been Taken Out. I think I may even attempt to stop watching.

turnstyle

THE GYPSIES.

All the gypsy shows. Gypsy weddings, gypsy fighting, gypsy magnum P.I.

It's good an that, cos I can watch it with the misses, and I'm all like 'Oh gawd, look at the poor wretched things, dressed up like whores and slappers', whilst secretly enjoying watching that one with the big tits polish her caravan.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 18, 2012, 12:05:04 AM
...aaaaaand the real star of Take Me Out has gone (to Fernando's). Last week we lost STEPHANIE and now Gracie has been Taken Out. I think I may even attempt to stop watching.
Stephanie is the most irritating person I have seen on television in a long, long time. She is the textbook over-the-top jolly extrovert who cries herself to sleep every night. I thought it was mad that she turned out to only be 19, I thought she would be in her 30s. Gracie was great though.

I liked the phone sex documentary, particularly the thoughtful woman who ended up going out with a caller in the countryside. One of the best bits was when she was countering her friend's hysterics: 'He doesn't want to have sex with his mother, he just likes the maternal side of a woman'. 'Well I think it's sick!'

Also very sad to see Gracie go, really liked her, could have loved her. I hope it's a good date.

Blue Jam

Has anyone been watching Channel 4's The Undateables? It's a bit too close to "Channel 5's Sensitive Freakshow Series" for my liking but there have been a few moments. I had a guilty laugh at the poet guy calling his speed-date and getting the message "you have reached the Virgin Mobile messaging service" but really I rather liked the guy and I hope the woman in Wilkinson's heard the poem he'd written and said yes to his suggestion of a date. I'd advise him to join a book group and find someone into tweedy lecturer types.

I've also found it rather touching to hear some of the lines The Undateables come out with: "I want to be someone's christmas present"; "I'm looking for my muse"; "I want to look after someone and have them look after me"; and the dating agency staff saying "there's so much love to go round". It's made me think of certain people I've known with no disabilities and plenty of dating experience who have come out with things like "I don't do relationships", "I'm only after a fuck-buddy", "I'm not looking for anything serious" etc- and I'm wondering how someone who's never had a relationship can have more respect for the opposite sex, and seemingly a more healthy approach to dating than someone with many more notches on the bedpost.

I may keep watching but it's uncomfortable viewing and for me the freakshow moments outnumber the genuinely sweet and touching moments a bit too much. I may feel a bit too guilty to have a gawp at episode 3.  Also that guy in episode 1 whose "type" was "women who look like his mum" sounded scarily like Robert Popper in Bellamy's People and I just couldn't get over that.

Hank Venture

Skins was so shit I had to delete it from my harddrive. That'll teach 'em.

Zetetic

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 12, 2012, 07:36:22 PM
Has anyone been watching Channel 4's The Undateables?
There was a Woman's Hour where someone was talking about participating in it - it's here (7 April) for the next 2 days.