Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotesome salt and vinegar crisps are way too sharp like Discos or McCoys

Never met anyone who liked Salt and Vinegar who had a complaint about sharpness of vinegar. You go in this oven.

mothman

Quote from: Neomod on August 20, 2021, 12:26:24 PM

Saw the chilli version of these in Morrison's today, any testimonials?

Jasha

Quote from: Neomod on August 20, 2021, 12:26:24 PM

First 2 bags are great, actually give a hint of cheese and bacon, after that the novelty's gone and ain't coming back

mothman

Duly noted - and a shame, I like a nice cheese and ham/bacon crisp...

Replies From View

do they do crisps yet that taste of sandwiches

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Replies From View on August 21, 2021, 09:57:47 PM
do they do crisps yet that taste of sandwiches

No but sewers has been nailed.

Sebastian Cobb

Replies From View

ok now i know that, i would like to know how much of the surface area of each crisp tastes of just bread

Sebastian Cobb

i think you're approaching the problem wrong.

I know a neat trick that makes sandwiches taste of crisps

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 21, 2021, 10:30:45 PM
I know a neat trick that makes sandwiches taste of crisps

specifically sandwich flavour crisps or there's no progress to be made here.  make a sandwich taste of itself

Lost Oliver

Salt and vinegar Quavers are the best thing ever. I always say to myself I'll only eat at max two packets a day but I end up eating all six. You can get them in Poundland.

Neomod

Quote from: Jasha on August 21, 2021, 08:59:23 PM
First 2 bags are great, actually give a hint of cheese and bacon, after that the novelty's gone and ain't coming back

crisp hack: Eat them one bag at a time.

Quote from: Lost Oliver on August 22, 2021, 09:46:07 AM
Salt and vinegar Quavers are the best thing ever. I always say to myself I'll only eat at max two packets a day but I end up eating all six. You can get them in Poundland.

Not tried these (see upthread) as both Salt and Vinegar and Prawn Cocktail flavours seem wrong for a Quaver[nb]even though Quavers are similar in consistency to your actual prawn crackers[/nb].

Maybe I should just check my prejudices...

*stares into middle distance*

Lost Oliver

Years ago a friend and me buried a time capsule and inside we put a few sentimental things like a ticket stub for a film. Anyway, other than the letter I wrote (God knows what I wrote but it would be physically painful to read now) the only other thing I remember going in there was an empty packet of salt and vinegar quavers. I honestly believed they'd go out of existence and that some monument should exist to remember them by. I'm gonna have a packet now.

Cuntbeaks

Finally got round to trying the Co-op Sea Salt & Chardonnay Wine Vinegar crisps. Given the reviews in this thread I was expecting the roof of my mouth to be burned clean off and my tongue ravaged with blisters.

None of these things happened, and they're merely a nicely balanced pack of S&V. Maybe they've toned them down a bit in recent months, but they were very well behaved and not aggressive in the slightest.

Spotted some own brand Katsu flavoured crinkle cuts, passed on them though. Maybe next time.

Magnum Valentino

I too had my first pack of CAB flavoured Co Op crisps this week and I reckon you got a bad batch or are hard as nails as my cheek flesh was sore for days. They're fucking unreal.

imitationleather

Yeah I know you're from Glasgow and so probably smoke 400 fags a day but there's no way a normal bag would get that reaction.

Blumf

Gave them alt-flavour Quavers a test - disappointing.

• Salt & Vinegar : Mild, which is okay, but it's like they've taken salt flavour and vinegar flavour then made a new flavouring using the average of the two. Not so much salt & vinegar, more saligar or vinalt.
  • Prawn Cocktail : Barely there, like somebody else in the next room is enjoying a decent prawn cocktail crisp.

Stick with the cheese.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on August 27, 2021, 09:54:43 PM

• Salt & Vinegar : Mild, which is okay, but it's like they've taken salt flavour and vinegar flavour then made a new flavouring using the average of the two. Not so much salt & vinegar, more saligar or vinalt.
  • Prawn Cocktail : Barely there, like somebody else in the next room is enjoying a decent prawn cocktail crisp.

Stick with the cheese.

Yeah that was my experience as well.

mothman

Piri-piri flavour Big Hula Hoops. Not unpleasant. I'm not a fan of spicy crisps, wouldn't try them again but would commend them to the House.

Cold Meat Platter

These were pretty fucking good, from Sainsbury's

jobotic

Quote from: Blumf on August 27, 2021, 09:54:43 PM

Stick with the cheese.

I will. Who wants Quavers that aren't cheese flavour? Or fucking beef wotsits?

Smoky bacon Skips? Fish squash? Cabbage ice lollies?

Cold Meat Platter

I've been having crispstalgia again. The Kettle Chips (for they were called that then) Salsa with Mesquite from when they were first brought out here. Holy shit they were tasty.

Cold Meat Platter

Just had a look on the internet and it seems they were brought back in 2014 as a limited edition. Completely passed me by. Would have bought loads to stuff in my nullentropy bins.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on August 21, 2021, 10:52:00 PM
specifically sandwich flavour crisps or there's no progress to be made here.  make a sandwich taste of itself

Walker's new crisp flavoured sandwich flavour crisps are great, but crisp flavoured sandwich flavour crisp sandwiches are even better.

The Mollusk

Back with another "the basic bitch of crisps" mind-blinder here: Thai sweet chicken McCoy's are the absolute bollocks

Kankurette

This.

Seabrook's lamb and mint crisps are my crisp du jour.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 28, 2021, 06:40:39 AM
Thai sweet chicken McCoy's are the absolute bollocks

"Because bollocks taste like chicken."

Lost Oliver

Seabrooks Canadian Ham are excellent until they changed their packaging from cool green and black to pink. Still great though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kankurette

Are crisp sandwich crisps a kind of Crispception?