Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Cold Meat Platter

itsfredtitmus

ready salted walkers are the saviour of the night

Consignia

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 27, 2021, 11:10:52 PM
These were pretty fucking good, from Sainsbury's

Pipers are probably my favourite brand at the moment. Love those Chorizo ones[nb]Although they are proper greasy[/nb], and their Salt and Vinegar.

I've finally been able to get my hands on their lovely Longhorn Beef ones. Gorgeous.

Lost Oliver

Christ. Those cheese and bacon crisps were fucking awful. Lesson learned - never try anything new or go outside your own comfort zone. It's just not worth it.

daimoniac

Quote from: Neomod on August 20, 2021, 12:26:24 PM
Just what is it that you want to do?
Well, we wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded

Today's sarnie accompaniment.

the chilli ones are the dogs bollocks. these cheese and bacon ones however, shite. seabrooks are actually pretty good at corn snacks overall, only these and the sour cream and onion bite things have disappointed so far.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Agreed. But anything snack based that claims 'cheese' needs an inspection as often that simply means 'feet and cum'.

buttgammon

So, Seabrook Worcestershire sauce anyone? They're a proper Lea and Perrins tie-in and everything and are nice, but not quite a zingy as the Walkers or M&S ones.

daimoniac

authentic recipe, but not as nice. the only good worcestershire sauce crisps are pretty much the walkers and KP brands if you're after that tang.

Blumf

Fucking KP bastards got rid of Worcester Sauce flavour Wheat Crunchies years ago.

Cold Meat Platter

In the late 80s or early 90s there was a short lived garlic sausage flavour wheat crunchies. They were intense and properly ruined your breath.

Neomod

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 27, 2021, 11:10:52 PM
These were pretty fucking good, from Sainsbury's

Nice[nb]rip off of[/nb] penguin classics 'style' packaging too.

Replies From View

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: buttgammon on August 31, 2021, 05:06:47 PM
So, Seabrook Worcestershire sauce anyone? They're a proper Lea and Perrins tie-in and everything and are nice, but not quite a zingy as the Walkers or M&S ones.

Yorkshire Crisps used to do a Hendersons Relish tie-in which was really nice. Noticed on Sunday that it's a generic Worcester Sauce flavour now but not tried them yet.

Replies From View

Why is it never Harry and the Hendersons, just out of curiosity

daimoniac

they'd have to cross the beef flavouring powder with the hendersons relish flavouring powder. thats a level of chemstry as yet unexplored in the savoury snacking world

Blumf

Quote from: Replies From View on September 01, 2021, 07:41:00 AM
Why is it never Harry and the Hendersons, just out of curiosity

You try getting the stuff out in California! Harry wrote to his dad asking him to send a few bottles, but old Gouty just passive aggressively sent back a pack of custom Duchy Originals "Megan Marmalade".

Replies From View

Why not puff some maize around a slice of potato?  That's what I would like to know.

Piles the Beaver

Iceland's latest abominations:

(Fan 200°C for 17 min-  19 min)

imitationleather

I heard the Space Raiders ones were good.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The two boringest flavours as well.

Summer afternoon taint and Foot n Smeg.

Piles the Beaver

All their ice lollies are now frozen versions of childhood sweeties too. This week I have been enjoying Swizzles Squashies and Parma Violet (surprisingly good) ice-creams...

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Piles the Beaver on September 09, 2021, 10:43:17 PM

kind of want

canadagoose

Quote from: Piles the Beaver on September 09, 2021, 10:43:17 PM

My first thought was revulsion because I just imagined hot crisps, but they might be OK. Like thinner potato smiles. I like those.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's potato so how bad can it get? Mash, and that's basically passable.

beanheadmcginty

Fair play to the Iceland food innovation department. I've got a mate who lives entirely on crisps, biscuits and sweets (he's a former heavy stoner, used to get his groceries from Blockbuster video) and this sort of stuff genuinely gets him excited. I think he pretty much only shops in Iceland these days, so from a customer satisfaction point of view they are knocking it out of the park.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 10, 2021, 12:02:19 AM
(he's a former heavy stoner, used to get his groceries from Blockbuster video)

Wait, what? There's no way you can live on Häagen-Dazs, pop-pop microwave popcorn and massive bags of skittles. There must be a 24 garage visit in there somewhere.

I once had someone at a house party recognise me because I used to come in their threshers \o/

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 10, 2021, 12:09:15 AM

I once had someone at a house party recognise me because I used to come in their threshers \o/

I bet you did you dirty old bollocks.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 10, 2021, 12:09:15 AM

I would have been absolutely mortified.