Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looper

Started by Peacock Johnson, March 19, 2024, 01:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Stuart David's band/project after leaving Belle & Sebastian (well, there was some crossover period).

Always loved his The Snare album from where I took my username but have recently gone through the other albums having never really given them a chance, and finding them very enjoyable.

There's a 5-CD set of all the albums but recurated so the songs are assigned by theme or type (i.e. spoken word) which is under a tenner which I might nab, seems like an interesting approach to a back catalogue.

Anyone else like these?

bgmnts

Not a huge fan of the band in general but Columbo's Car is one of my favourite songs:

holyzombiejesus

Used to love these, probably preferred the debut to TBWTAS album. Tried to listen to it again recently and thought it was really bad. Ever decreasing returns after that and I suspect his novels won't have aged much better. His book about the early days of B&S is good though.
Saw them in London once, just before the first Bowlie, and they did a really good song that sampled Elvis. Never heard of it again, unsurprisingly.

Pranet

Not thought about Looper for a while. But if you could condense my life in 1999-2000 into a single artefact it would probably be the cassette I taped my friend's copy of the first album onto.

I had no idea they did that box set. If my washing machine hadn't crapped out on me last week and needed replacing I might have bought that. It'll probably be £50 next time I think to look.