Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Performances when you suddenly got it

Started by shiftwork2, March 20, 2024, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I'm not sure I got a particular act until...

...The Stones with this 1972 performance of the rather underrated Bitch (different times) from Sticky Fingers (different times).  Tight, fluid, kinetic.  Fuck yeah.

More examples from your dreadful quotidian existences down here ⬇️

All Surrogate

That is indeed very good.

Pere Ubu - Birdies, from 'Urgh A Music War'.

The B52s, live in 1978.

Huge energy in both.

dontpaintyourteeth

Do bootlegs count for this because the thing that got me into Patti Smith was the live boot I NEVER TALKED TO BOB DYLAN.

Tarquin

The Fall Reading 1990.

The sun going down behind the main-stage during Jerusalem. Stopped being that annoying band with that bad singer; became that relentless band borrowing into the earth's core, with that bad singer.

This performance usually freaks out haterz of Fleetwood Mac:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yq-Fw7C26Y

Video Game Fan 2000

because you can see the personalities of the band, how happy ibold looks, spirals dreary hipsterism, malkmus swooning. two cool songs with big hooks. made me think of them as the American Oasis but in a good way

Tarquin

This afternoon I watched a BBC documentary about Roy Orbison. Out of all the Sun acts he was the one who always left me cold. I've never been big on ballads.

But blow me it clicked seeing that old footage. The pre-hair dye, dark glasses footage where he is a bag of nerves but unafraid to lay out his vulnerabilities I found hugely affecting. I get why they had to be ballads now and his huge impact.