Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Jalopy - the main event.

Started by ccab, February 24, 2004, 11:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkhouse terror

Sorry for the slightly bland mong, but I thought the deadline was Saturday until an hour or so ago, and seeing as though I have school all day tomorrow (which means no access to photoshop or internet until about 4pm when I get home) I had to rush it a bit.

Frinky

Ah, Google's ubiquitous crying baby. :)

I like it!

monkhouse terror

Haha yes, I do feel slightly strange searching in google images for 'crying children' though. I hope the police don't find me and hunt me down for it.

Oh and thanks :)

Frinky

Oh, shit, I didn't realise I had so much time left. Fuckpallets.

Cerys

I finally got to do something with an idea I had about fifteen years ago -

(Edited a few minutes later cos I flattened it without noticing that I hadn't brought one layer forward enough....)

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "Flook"Im not going to have time to finish this, its supposed to have lots of bitchyqueen sound effects and some other bits but ah well, Rats wins the Flash contest anyhoo :-)

http://www.deconstructed.net/pix/jahloopy.swf

I got 29 people of the village.

Rubbish Monkey

Cerys

Rubbish Monkey, that's brilliant!

Quote from: "Flook"http://www.deconstructed.net/pix/jahloopy.swf

I've got a new addiction.  You evil person.

ccab

Quote from: "Cerys"I finally got to do something with an idea I had about fifteen years ago.

Shit cerys, this is a quite a radical departure! A sign of mongs to come?

By the way, well done for resisting your idea about those charges at Dounraey creche. I think it's much nicer pulled off as a mong than heinous crime ;-)

Cerys

Ah!  That means my crime has yet to be ... unearthed.  Until that dreadful day, I shall bask in blissful freedom and marshmallows.

@ssmaster

Thi round has been the best so far, as it should be with the shite being weeded out in the previous rounds. I loves Abbie's & Rubbish Monkey's so far also Cerys has done a brilliant mong too, not a gargoyle in sight.

Oh and rats' mong is ok too I guess.

Timmay

Quote from: "monkhouse terror"red indian asda mong
I would have liked to have seen "You've left your injin running outside" in that one. Still, nice mong... :)

...as you were...

splattermac

Quote from: "@ssmaster"This round has been the best so far, as it should be with the shite being weeded out in the previous rounds.

eh, you're normally supportive of peoples mongs (or polite enough to keep it to yourself), you can't go calling peoples efforts shite, room for improvement perhaps but I'm sure they are already thinking that themselves, I thought we were trying to encourage people to take part, not dragging the other forums 'that's shite' attitude in here.

apart from that, how are the middle men picking, are they going with the best in this round or overall?

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "splattermac"
Quote from: "@ssmaster"This round has been the best so far, as it should be with the shite being weeded out in the previous rounds.

eh, you're normally supportive of peoples mongs (or polite enough to keep it to yourself), you can't go calling peoples efforts shite, room for improvement perhaps but I'm sure they are already thinking that themselves, I thought we were trying to encourage people to take part, not dragging the other forums 'that's shite' attitude in here.

It's my fault - I shouldn't have said it in one of my previous posts, I've started him off now with my flippant throw-away remark.

apart from that, how are the middle men picking, are they going with the best in this round or overall?

The winner will be based on this round's entrants.
On the suggestion of ccab, when the deadline is up, all middle-men may name someone they want booted, and it's a case of last person standing, although now Waspy's given the final a miss, I'm not sure how it'll work as there are more middle-men than players.

ccab is good at maths (better than me anyway...although that's not saying much), I'll consult him about this.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"
The winner will be based on this round's entrants.
On the suggestion of ccab, when the deadline is up, all middle-men may name someone they want booted, and it's a case of last person standing, although now Waspy's given the final a miss, I'm not sure how it'll work as there are more middle-men than players.

Why don't they just vote who they want to win instead?

@ssmaster

It is a turn of phrase, not to be taken quite literary young man. <insert Winner/Car Insurance catch phrase here>

I like all of the mongs done here, I always do even the shi... erm graphically  challenged ones.

Equilibrium restored?

Frinky

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"
Quote from: "Hairy Chin"... although now Waspy's given the final a miss, I'm not sure how it'll work as there are more middle-men than players.
Why don't they just vote who they want to win instead?
Give that man a custard cream.

monkhouse terror

Isn't this the end?

My only friend?

The End?

Hairy Chin

Christ yes, it's over
Put down your monging pencils. Apologies, I'm trying to give up smoking and my body clock's been shot to fuck - I missed 24 last night as well because of it.

EDIT:
Scroll down to see ccab's post!!!
He's the man in the know, and will tell you all about picking a winner.

Go on, it's down there, a bunch of posts down.

Frinky

Not that I expected to win - I was chuffed to get this far, and I love Rat's stuff, but...

In a Photoshop contest, someone who only used Flash wins? That's like entering everyone into a Mini Cooper race but letting the git who turned up in a Ferrari win. No-one said you couldn't use the Ferrari, but it said "Mini Cooper Race," so, yunno, they were expecting Mini Coopers to compete against.

Rats

Ahh, snot true, I used paint shop pro, animation shop, microsoft paint and swish. I did use photoshop or it's equivelant, but I do agree that making animation is like using steroids, I had a gun and you all had swords and there's people taking it seriously actually wanting to win so I don't think I should be in the runnings. How's about I get disqualified for being so damn brilliant? I could live with that.

Frinky

Nah, I didn't expect to win, so I can't feel "cheated" - but if I'd had known I wouldnt have got disqualified for say, making quicktime movies and stuff, I'd have done that. Maybe the next one needs to be an "any media" contest...

Hairy Chin

You know...the more I've thought about this, the more I should have probably stuck to my original...thing - notion that's it. And told Rats is's a photoshop thing.

Can we give him an award for taking part - like a special olympics honourable mention?

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"
Can we give him an award for taking part - like a special olympics honourable mention?

Because he's a mong?

Rats loves everyone sucking his cock really, just like Mundays.

Seriously, well done, Stephen. Check your PM's in a few mins.

Uncle_Z

How about an "any media" penalty shoot out?

Rats

Hehe, I got jealous when everyone was licking mundays round the rectum but getting loads of praise feels even worse. It's awfull and embarassing. I like it much better when you get the odd "hehe, that's canny good" Anyway, do I get to vote on who to win?

ccab

QuoteNah, I didn't expect to win, so I can't feel "cheated" - but if I'd had known I wouldnt have got disqualified for say, making quicktime movies and stuff, I'd have done that.

Hold your horses, ladies and gents, put your votes away, breathe deeply, settle down for a few minutes...

By the rules, in each round, up to & including this the last, the people in the middle get to eliminate players. This is not a voting game. The point of the playground game Jalopy was for everyone to be taken out by those in the middle until only one was left - instead of huddling together 5 mins before the end & making a show of hands.

The result perhaps won't recognise the star of the tournament - but  thats not the point - it's about surviving.

Keep your votes tucked away safely for photoshop tennis and begin eliminating as & when you like - the last man to be eliminated is our winner.

One other thing, the points about rats cartoons appearing in somthing called photoshop jalopy are fair enough - but the elimination system was designed to give anyone a chance to boot out anyone who was breaking the rules - or not.

ccab

ELIMINATORS - WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW

These are the surviving players:

monkhouse terror
rubbish monkey
abbie
Frinky
Cerys
Flook
Rats

wasp f15ting dropped out.

The procedure is the same as before. Post your choice for elimination as soon as you can. As in previous rounds, if your choice has been eliminated choose another.

The last person left is the winner. There are more eliminators left than players which means if you wait too long, you'll miss out. So,

Hairy Chin
Cheese Arse H Christ
Nearly Annually
Spaced Cadet
Pythov
Dr David V
Splattermac

get your skates on!

Hairy Chin

In light of these circumstances I vote Frinky out. Nothing to do with his voicing his feelings a little earlier, he has been a very, very good contender all throughout - well, you wouldn't have got to the final if you were shit. No offence to anyone else I've eliminated.

But even with the little vixen Nigella there, I'm afraid the Asda one made me smile more. Does that make me a bad person for finding crying babies amusing?

EDIT:
ccab - you're allowed to eliminate as well, don't forget!