Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How many people died or went missing in the League of Gentlemen?

Started by Kryton, March 30, 2018, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

I loved a specific line in the specials when the council bloke said something ominous to Bernice something about Royston Vasey have more missing people on record than anywhere else. For me that really encapsulated the horror of the town, the absolute bleakness of the whole thing. I'm pretty sure that show has a higher death count than say The Wire or the Sopranos.

So off the top of my head.

Justin (Oh Justin, my very own Justin) - Buried alive in the front garden with an air-pipe by Herr Lipp.

The guy who got turned into a scarecrow by Farmer Tinsel (for cheating on his wife?).

Pauline - smothered to death by Geoff in a case of mistaken identity.

Lance (the one armed joke shop guy) - Killed by Geoff in a big van (whilst saving Pauline).

Harvey Denton - Died peacefully? and was then resurrected into Benjamin before being vomited out as a frog toad.)

Pop - Murdered by one of his sons after his abuse went too far. Presumably turned into sausages.

Various journalists, council workers, policemen, builders, hitchhikers, tourists, artists - all murdered by Tubbs and Edward.

The Stump-hole cavern incident.

Hundreds of women, captured by Papa Lazarou. Also Bernice's mum, Bernice (for a bit), Tubbs, Iris...

Charity shop ladies. One impaled on spikes, the other kidnapped by Lazarou. The fate of 'that Meryl' is currently unknown.

The victims of the meat outbreak and the nosebleed epidemic. Including Chubby Brown as the mayor.

David Tattsyrup - Lynched by a mob when Tubbs and Edward are blamed for the epidemic.

Daddy, Sunny and numerous other guests including Tank (yeah, looking forward to some heavy fucking)' - Suffocate when an oxygen-controlled sex ritual goes horribly wrong.

Presumably some of the patients of Dr Ira Carlton (Pemberton) when they are refused treatment for not winning his party games.

The missing Grandma on the church roof.

Neds and Tris - Died in a warehouse fire whilst 'fighting crime'.

Must be a few more I've missed?

Replies From View

Seems like those who didn't die or go missing would be a shorter list.

zomgmouse

TommyTurnips

That simple lad and the little boy who made a Knight Rider style car out of a Fiat Panda with toy weapons and then played vigilante by trying to foil some real bad guys in a warehouse and then got overpowered immediately by these very real criminals. I always wonder what happened to them. The sketch just kind of ends with them getting tied up.

Mister Six

I think the kid screaming "WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" is a clue.

Crabwalk

Let's not forget all the pets and farm animals that also met a premature end. RIP Whisky, for starters.

Leej88

The characters in the film within a film in Apoylpse and Brian's wife also goes missing.

ASFTSN

Edward and Tubbs run over by a train, if they count...

EDIT: Just realised this OP is over two years old, how did this get zero replies initially??

Leej88

I find it hilarious all of Mark's characters who go in the shop all die including Edward and Tubb's grotesque Son David.

Not a human, but we can add 'a tyre' to the list of victims.  We passed Hadfield about a decade ago and I begged politely requested Mr Rector to take a quick detour so that I could have a nose around.  Enjoyed it very much and nice to see the real village, but as we left we ran over some glass and had to spend the next hour changing the tyre by a roadside.  Perhaps we had inadvertently travelled on a local road, meant only for local people.

Brundle-Fly

Leej88

Yes he does they wanted Alan Titchmarsh for it but he was too busy never made any sense Laurence was doing a Garden show.

Quote from: Leej88 on June 01, 2021, 07:05:08 PM
Yes he does they wanted Alan Titchmarsh for it but he was too busy never made any sense Laurence was doing a Garden show.

Wondered about that at the time!  (loved the bit with him being bald though)

I like the way we're all quite nonchalant about the dozens of corpses, but pointing out the inconsistency in the TV makeover staffing...

Leej88

Yeah, all those swingers died aswell buried in the garden.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: TommyTurnips on June 01, 2021, 02:41:09 AM
That simple lad and the little boy who made a Knight Rider style car out of a Fiat Panda with toy weapons and then played vigilante by trying to foil some real bad guys in a warehouse and then got overpowered immediately by these very real criminals. I always wonder what happened to them. The sketch just kind of ends with them getting tied up.

If only the sketch ended there! It ends with them trapped in a burning warehouse, nobody knowing their whereabouts, awaiting their inevitable firey death. Not forgetting Neds' mental breakdown of course.

Leej88

That Ginger kid was everywhere in the late 90's/early 2000's LOG,Corrie and East is East and then he disappeared but he did turn up in an episode of Fresh Meat.

petril

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on June 08, 2021, 11:27:38 PM
If only the sketch ended there! It ends with them trapped in a burning warehouse, nobody knowing their whereabouts, awaiting their inevitable firey death. Not forgetting Neds' mental breakdown of course.

the kid's resigned "oh fuck" is my favourite swearing from the entire run

zomgmouse

ACTUALLY NONE DID BECAUSE IT'S A FICTIONAL SHOW NOBODY REALLY GOT HURT

petril

SteveDave

The bad painter (played by Mark) who goes into the shop for a can of Coke I-can-I-can't

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on June 08, 2021, 11:27:38 PM

I think in the commentary they talk about a theoretical follow up idea whereby Tris, having suffered severe burns, is put on some form of life support, which Neds - who manages to escape the conflagration unscathed - soups up with the Maxi Power equipment.