Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFF-FOUR : The LOLy and the IV

Started by non capisco, December 08, 2022, 01:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

flotemysost

Lots of stupid laughs in the Tony's Chocolonely thread, but these astute analyses cracked me up:

Quote from: Replies From View on December 07, 2022, 09:13:11 PMYes the segmentation is self-consciously different for the sake of it.  If you're going to do that you may as well not segment them at all; simply let people see what happens when they smack the solid bar against their limbs.

It's as if the tactic behind CHOCOLONELY was being noticed for any reason they could possibly come up with, any differences in name, design, avoid everything that is established and works because standing out for being shite is still standing out.  Everything about it gives off the stench of a pretentious roundtable committee bragging "we're so good at chocolate" and high-fiving every ten minutes.

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on December 07, 2022, 10:00:11 PMAlso I like the wonky bits. You try and snap off a small piece and get a giant piece instead. Perfect. Now I get to eat a giant piece of chocolate without feeling like a greedy cunt because the laws of physics have basically instructed me to do it. With a cadburys type arrangement you break off a single row, that doesn't feel like enough so you have to go back for a second helping and then you feel guilty for your avaricious scoffing. Just make the natural divisions bigger and let people feel nice about themselves. This is why beer should be served in wine bottles

(Love the new thread name too!)

Stoneage Dinosaurs

The memorable teachers thread is a fucking goldmine. I love the imagery of this one, and the phrase "alarmingly long arms".

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on December 06, 2022, 05:24:41 PMAnd there was Mr Ryde, a towering mix of John Cleese and Frankenstein's Monster. Rumour had it that he had had a mild breakdown in his earlier years, but if he had then by gum it made him a more interesting teacher. He'd break off describing the court of James I to dash outside and re-enter on his hands and knees proffering an imaginary salver to show how the king's servants were ordered to approach him, or would suddenly charge at the front row of desks sweeping out his alarmingly long arms while bellowing 'I'M A VIKING! I'M A VIKING!' to demonstrate the shock effect of a Nordic raiding party. Also made some rather good basic stop-motion films.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: non capisco on December 08, 2022, 12:33:44 AMReminds me of one of my teachers who had a Weeble/Humpty Dumpty-ish lower body shape and it was accepted across the board at face value that this was because he had to wear a 'special truss' ever since he'd been kicked in the bollocks by a horse.

imitationleather

flotemysost

Quote from: non capisco on December 08, 2022, 11:18:11 PMFor instance I dreamed recently my sister went on The Chase and incorrectly answered "What is the most famous Welsh cheese?" with "Be careful", but Bradley Walsh's body tapered into a slug like lower section.

Love the hackneyed old cheese joke reimagined through a trippy off-kilter dream lens, with gastropod Bradley Walsh as a surreal bonus.

Catalogue Trousers

From that Chocolonely thread:

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on December 07, 2022, 09:55:04 PMCaB skewers largely toward an older demographic basically. It's common knowledge that when you turn 40 a chemical reaction happens in your taste buds that stops you from liking treats that actually taste nice. It's a degenerative thing, so by the time you're 70 you're exclusively on the boiled sweets and pontefract cakes.
I am right about this, there was a fizzy pop type thread where everyone was all "mmm yes I am quite partial to a dandelion and burdock actually". DEAD SOON

Kankurette

This conversation between BSF and dontpaintyourteeth about Nine Inch Nails:
Quote from: The Bardney Sugar Factory on December 09, 2022, 01:41:54 PMOoh got a crown of shit have you mate? Nice one yeah catch you later, turd corona.
Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on December 09, 2022, 01:42:57 PMyeah whatwerethatallabout?? "crown of thorns" was right there, you silly billy

Glebe

Ferris

Vodkafone

Glebe

Quote from: Vodkafone on December 09, 2022, 10:07:08 PM"Yamming his yogs" is absolutely terrific, love it.

Think this has potential to become to standard CaB phrase!

2023 will be the Year of the Yam-Yog!

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 08, 2022, 10:09:16 AMWe had an eccentric bloke like that who inherited some logic lectures on OHP from another lecturer, and made it quite clear he hadn't even bothered to flick through them, he'd change transparencies and sort of just go "erm, well yes" and lurch into it. Apart from the time he looked at it leaning backwards for about 15 seconds and uttered "I don't agree with this at all". And changed the slide.

Kankurette

Quote from: Glebe on December 09, 2022, 11:48:50 PM2023 will be the Year of the Yam-Yog!
Swans consider rewrite. /gratuitous obscure musical reference

Vodkafone

Desolation posts generally get a wry chuckle from me these days, but I proper laughed at this

Quote from: shoulders on December 10, 2022, 10:05:53 AMYou have finished painting the subbuteo reenactment of the Heysel disaster.

Possibly because I can imagine someone actually doing this in all seriousness

madhair60

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: ollyboro on December 10, 2022, 07:41:07 PMFuck you, Kylian. I might well be an anonymous loser on an internet forum, but at least I wasn't named after a shit Hanson song

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Kankurette

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 10, 2022, 06:49:56 PMGoing to visit friends in Frankfurt next week, so I'm hoping to experience an authentically German Christmas market with glühwein, bratwurst, and vehicular homicide.

RetroRobot

Paul Calf