Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What was the best British-made vibrator of all time?

Started by Russ L, March 28, 2024, 08:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ L

Many have fond memories of the Littlewoods "Arabian Nights Deluxe" (although it goes without saying that eyebrows would be raised at the name if it was still on sale today), but what do you think?

Special mention should surely go to the WH Smiths "Trouser Unit V3", still winning awards in the budget categories up until the early 2010s.

Gob Shine Algorithm

Heard when you buy one of those Christopher Ward watches off the TV, you get a free rabbit. Still don't want one.

Shaxberd

For my money you still can't beat the classic diesel-powered Triumph Conqueror. Allegedly Princess Margaret owned one and couldn't get enough of it.

Norton Canes

Has to be the Sinclair ZX Speculum. I know it only had two speeds and the battery would cut out if you used it anally but it was great for games and you could pick them up from WH Smith.

Senior Baiano

Cuellar

The Alvis. Best vibrator in the world! Irreplaceable now, thanks to communism.

Mr Banlon

shoulders

Dr Trouser

Fondly remember the 70s slogan 'get a Rumbelows down belows' - all British products for a small monthly fee.

Video Game Fan 2000

Captain Z

They still have one of these at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley.

Russ L

Quote from: Gob Shine Algorithm on March 28, 2024, 09:22:18 AMHeard when you buy one of those Christopher Ward watches off the TV, you get a free rabbit. Still don't want one.

I ordered one.  It turned out to be an actual pet bunny rabbit.

Bigearsbastard was a good friend to me for many years.

Russ L

Quote from: Captain Z on March 28, 2024, 07:26:04 PMThey still have one of these at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley.

They also have a Newcummin' Engine.

Video Game Fan 2000

like everyone else on cab i used a Stannah Safety Sybian

Glebe

The Vickers Excalibur Mk1 was pretty iconic and helped a lot of people in Britain get through post-war austerity. But it's all rather overshadowed by the involvement of Nazi dildologists secretly transported to Britain in Operation Backfire and Operation Surgeon. Much of the knowledge that went into the design was obtained in fairly horrific experiments, You can perhaps see the Nazi influence on the culture of the Excalibur project in the tests carried out in British East Africa, although the British probably didn't need any help in that regard and the continued refusal to release internal documentation let alone contemplate compensation is entirely on the British authorities.

As far as British users were concerned, though, it was a huge relief and certainly an improvement on the National Dildo which was the only option in wartime.

Russ L

Quote from: Theoretical Dentist on March 29, 2024, 05:23:39 PMAs far as British users were concerned, though, it was a huge relief and certainly an improvement on the National Dildo which was the only option in wartime.

So few young people nowadays seem to have even heard of the National Dildo, or the rumours that it was made of 20% old newspaper.

frajer

HMS Scintillator. Oft challenged, never bettered

kalowski

Quote from: Theoretical Dentist on March 29, 2024, 05:23:39 PMThe Vickers Excalibur Mk1 was pretty iconic and helped a lot of people in Britain get through post-war austerity. But it's all rather overshadowed by the involvement of Nazi dildologists secretly transported to Britain in Operation Backfire and Operation Surgeon. Much of the knowledge that went into the design was obtained in fairly horrific experiments, You can perhaps see the Nazi influence on the culture of the Excalibur project in the tests carried out in British East Africa, although the British probably didn't need any help in that regard and the continued refusal to release internal documentation let alone contemplate compensation is entirely on the British authorities.

As far as British users were concerned, though, it was a huge relief and certainly an improvement on the National Dildo which was the only option in wartime.
Paging @buzby !

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Bush Exhilarator 4000 (you know, Bush. They make crap stereos)

Vodkafone

Quote from: Russ L on March 30, 2024, 07:15:02 AMSo few young people nowadays seem to have even heard of the National Dildo, or the rumours that it was made of 20% old newspaper.

If I remember right, it became a staple after courgettes were rationed. I remember my auntie Brenda had hers years after the war, she used it to stop a leak from her bathroom piping.

seepage

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 30, 2024, 12:09:38 PMThe Bush Exhilarator 4000 (you know, Bush. They make crap stereos)

Now exclusively at Argos, under 'Internal Hard Drives' for some reason

Fambo Number Mive

I remember going to a special demonstration of the steam-powered Savery dildo (invented in 1680) a decade or so ago at the British museum. I decided not to try it out but those who did seem to enjoy it. Remember having to make models of it in history lessons when I was younger.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Rumour has it that Victorian gentlemen maintained their famous British stiff upper lips in order to pleasure their good lady wives.

kalowski

Quote from: Vodkafone on March 30, 2024, 02:28:27 PMIf I remember right, it became a staple after courgettes were rationed. I remember my auntie Brenda had hers years after the war, she used it to stop a leak from her bathroom piping.
I love those old euphemisms.

Fambo Number Mive

There should be a round on the Apprentice where they design a vibrator. Maybe there has been, I havent watched it for years. Imagine an Amstead vibrator and Teasmade with Sugar's face on the packaging.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

As a prank somebody could affix one to Sir Lord Obergruppenführer Sugar's chair, so when he jumps up on his little booster seat he gets some solid inches of vibro up inside him.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Theoretical Dentist on March 29, 2024, 05:23:39 PMThe Vickers Excalibur Mk1 was pretty iconic and helped a lot of people in Britain get through post-war austerity. But it's all rather overshadowed by the involvement of Nazi dildologists secretly transported to Britain in Operation Backfire and Operation Surgeon. Much of the knowledge that went into the design was obtained in fairly horrific experiments, You can perhaps see the Nazi influence on the culture of the Excalibur project in the tests carried out in British East Africa, although the British probably didn't need any help in that regard and the continued refusal to release internal documentation let alone contemplate compensation is entirely on the British authorities.

I like how this cunt posts