Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:11:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Surprisingly good films on Filmfour

Started by Phil_A, February 24, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

I thought it was worth making a thread to point out that, amongst their usual slew of mediocrity, Filmfour have slipped some pretty decent stuff into the schedules recently. They've had a Kurosawa film every Thursday morning for the last few weeks. They've also recently shown Don McKellar's great but rarely seen end of the world tragi-comedy Last Night, and today(which I'm annoyed to've missed, but it's on again Thursday) was the equally rare 70s oddity They Might Be Giants, starring George C Scott as a madman who thinks he's Sherlock Holmes. Currently going for £187(!) on DVD.

Please feel free to mention any other diamonds you spot amongst the shite!

Petey Pate

I seem to remember Filmfour going through a phase of showing a Ingmar Bergman film at midnight at some point every week.  They also had a Sergio Mendes period where they showed all of the Dollars trilogy over the course of three days.  I haven't paid attention to what they've been showing in ages though, so this is a good idea for a thread.

You still have to put up with bloody adverts though.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: Petey Pate on February 24, 2014, 07:30:11 PM
They also had a Sergio Mendes period where they showed all of the Dollars trilogy over the course of three days.

Classics.

Petey Pate

Haha, that's not the first time I've made that mistake either.