Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oscars Live

Started by Minty, March 03, 2014, 01:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minty

Anyone staying up for the car crash of the Oscars? Anyone know any streaming sites to watch it?

kittens

here you go
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=248932&part=sports

travesty this year tho, croods has already been rudely snubbed

Head Gardener

Noodle Lizard

Although I didn't think it was a particularly good year for nominations, I think the awards generally went to the right people.  Glad 'Her' got Best Original Screenplay, as I was really expecting that to go to the inferior 'Nebraska'.

The one I really didn't get was 'Gravity' winning for Best Original Score.  I think it's mostly because they knew it wasn't going to get Best Picture and therefore gave it as many technical awards as possible, but the score was really quite unremarkable I thought.  I wouldn't have given it Best Editing either, but what're you gonna do?  Another weird one was Hair & Makeup going to 'Dallas Buyers Club', which again was fairly unremarkable in that regard (except for the low budget, I suppose).  I'd have thought that'd be the one area 'American Hustle' would have sweeped in.

The ceremony itself was utter shit.  Did they lose Ellen's script or something?  She spent most of the night doing terrible improv with celebrities in the audience - more often than not, we'd come back from a break just to find her saying "Hey, so er ... what's going on Benedict Cumberbatch?  Nothing?  Cool ... er ... " and bumbling around for a minute until the next aging-celeb-who-needs-to-lower-the-dosage was ready to present.  Really awkward.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 03, 2014, 07:37:16 PM

I'm sure you're not one of these people, but everyone on the internet whining about Leo not winning an Oscar can go and #jerk #their #dongs.  Yes, he's a good actor and he probably should have won an Oscar in the past, but that's no reason to give him one for an average performance in an average movie when there were more deserving winners.  'Wolf Of Wall Street' didn't deserve any awards because it just wasn't that good (see also 'American Hustle'), and it would have been dishonest to give it some just to appease the 9Gag fanbase, most of whom probably didn't see 'Dallas Buyers Club'. 

As political as the Oscar choices can be, the one thing that sets them apart from Golden Globes (who nominated 'The Tourist' for three major categories) and other such circle-jerks, that they don't seem to place as much value on placating celebrities just to stay in their good books.

Head Gardener