Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scorsese overrated

Started by graffic, March 17, 2014, 11:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graffic

Quote from: Petey Pate on March 24, 2014, 11:41:26 AM
Borboski secretly being graffic is a nice theory but I don't buy it.  I think graffic originally joined CaB via DSMO; his earliest posts on here were obsessively droning on about that site to the interest of no one, continuing even a whole year after it was shut down.

You already had a long thread about that site on cookdandbombd before I joined and lots of cookdandbombd users were happy to contribute  to my thread about it. Although I admit it did get a bit obsessive.

graffic

Quote from: Thomas on March 25, 2014, 05:46:21 PM
Why not speak passionately on a positive subject? :-)

what is your favourite film? :-)

I don't have a favorite film or really like most films anyway. I would watch historical films that are actually about a subject that interests me or someone mentioned David Lynch in this thread whose films I like because they are actually different.  Most films are too long.

I don't have any interest in organised crime or think the mafia really deserve to have films made about them.

In my opinion there was no reason for the long orgy scenes in Wolf of wall street and there was no reason for a lot of the gratuitous violence in Goodfellas other than cheap thrills which trivialises violent crime and thinly promotes misogyny as acceptable.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: graffic on March 26, 2014, 04:11:36 PMI don't have any interest in organised crime or think the mafia really deserve to have films made about them.

Your posting history would suggest otherwise. You appear to be obsessed with them.

graffic

You have shit taste because you are a bit of a pleb. You said in other threads you've been in and out of jail and you get raided by the police. I don't judge you but it might explain why you like watching shit and defending it

I choose to spend my time in the company of  interesting, educated people who have ideas and have sophisticated taste. I reject violence and revenge entirely because I believe in Gandhi and King, so films with over the top violence that glamourise criminals don't interest me, regardless if the director is a supposed "genius" or whatever.

Thomas

Quote from: graffic on March 27, 2014, 12:59:41 PM
You have shit taste because you are a bit of a pleb. You said in other threads you've been in and out of jail and you get raided by the police. I don't judge you but it might explain why you like watching shit and defending it

Yes, fine, we get that, but what's your opinion on the film Goodfellas?

Utter Shit

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Borboski on March 25, 2014, 06:57:18 PM
Ahh I've had a good belly laugh, you guys are so retarded sometimes.

First, I was accused of being a jewish junior lecturer at Manchester University, now a 19 year old call Gav who apppears to struggle with his sexuality.

One thing that should be clear about me is I am very, very comfortable with my sexuality.
xxx
I'm just glad you spend time negging people who criticise graffic, it speaks highly of your character. And I always assumed troll accounts were deliberately different to the "main" account to deflect accusations, but you've also let me know that they have to be identical apparently. Cheers Borboski. I feel like a fool now.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: graffic on March 27, 2014, 12:59:41 PM
so films with over the top violence that glamourise criminals don't interest me, regardless if the director is a supposed "genius" or whatever.

There's nothing more glamorous than being beaten almost to death with baseball bats in a corn field then buried alive. Or stabbed in the throat and shot while lying in a bloody mess in a car boot.

Kane Jones

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 28, 2014, 08:06:11 PM
There's nothing more glamorous than being beaten almost to death with baseball bats in a corn field then buried alive. Or stabbed in the throat and shot while lying in a bloody mess in a car boot.

It's definitely how I want to go.