Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Started by El Unicornio, mang, March 27, 2014, 05:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Trailer is up. It's directed by Michael Bay so you can probably already guess what it's going to be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

Deanjam

Is it me or has Megan Fox's face changed? I didn't know it was her till I read the comments on You Tube. Anyway, I'm quite a fan of the 1990 movie which you'll be fascinated to know was the first film I ever saw at the pictures. It looks the usual Michael Bay, super-slow-motion, clumsy comedy, expensive but oddly shit effects. What mostly irritates me about Michael Bay is how little fun his films are, they fail even as popcorn entertainment.

I do like The Rock though.

VegaLA

Mister Six

Looking forward to his violent reimagining of Sharkey and George.

The Rock was properly, genuinely good. It was also his second feature film, back before he became a producer and started controlling the whole production.

And I still have a soft-spot for Bad Boys II, just for its sheer ludicrousness. Though I've not seen it for years. Could be that after seeing too many of Bay's 'DIALLED UP TO 12 OMG CRAZY' films it'll just be rather dull.

Spiteface

Quote from: Deanjam on March 27, 2014, 06:39:53 PM
Is it me or has Megan Fox's face changed? I didn't know it was her till I read the comments on You Tube.

She's always looked off to me. Either like she's actually constructed of plastic or an unispired CGI rendering that we're supposed to think is hot.

The trailer looks alright, but I wasn't exactly clamouring for new Turtles in the first place.

MuteBanana

Looks as good as a CGI TMNT film could.

Mickey from Shameless as Michelangelo is great.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mister Six on March 27, 2014, 08:19:32 PM
And I still have a soft-spot for Bad Boys II, just for its sheer ludicrousness.
A woman broke up with me in the cinema midway through Bad Boys 2.

I thought Bay and Fox fell out over the Transformers thing?

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 28, 2014, 08:36:37 AM
A woman broke up with me in the cinema midway through Bad Boys 2.

I thought Bay and Fox fell out over the Transformers thing?

Chicks love bad boys. Not nice guysfrirmdsonezone.

BlodwynPig

THIS YEAR

THIS YEAR

20 14

THIS YEAR!!!

Replies From View

Didn't this already happen?

They'll be remaking Groundhog Day at this rate.

Jerzy Bondov

Michael Bay is a producer, the director is Jonathan Liebesman who did Battle Los Angeles and Wrath of the Titans. So it'll be really good I reckon, lol

BlodwynPig

THIS YEAR

FROM THE PRODUCER OF MICHAEL BAY AND MICHAEL BAY II: DAY OF THE BAY

COMES

THE SMASH HIT OF THE YEAR

IN CINEMAS NATIONWIDE

THIS YEAR

*2014*

"A THRILL A NANOSECOND - EMPIRE MAGAZINE"

THIS YEAR

MICHAEL BAY III: DAY OF THE BAY II: BAY DAY

"YOU'LL BE BAYING AT THE MOON - HEAT MAGAZINE"

BlodwynPig

THIS YEAR

"THE GREATEST ROMANTIC STORY EVER TOLD - SAM WOLLASTON"

THIS YEAR

"A GRITTY RETELLING OF AN AGE OLD CLASSIC - PEREZ HILTON"

A TRULY HEARTWARMING TALE FROM THE PRODUCER OF MICHAEL BAY IV: DAY OF THE BAY III: BAY DAY II: MICROBAY

STARRING 12 TIMES OSCAR NOMINATED MEGAN FOX

AND

THIS YEAR

STARRING 0 TIMES OSCAR NOMINATED CHEVY CHASE

MICHAEL BAY STUDIOS PROUDLY PRESENTS

MICHAEL BAY: SITTING ON THE COCK OF THE BAY

Glebe

kittens

MuteBanana

Quote from: Replies From View on March 28, 2014, 10:58:31 AM
Didn't this already happen?

They'll be remaking Groundhog Day at this rate.

Wasn't there a full animation film that came out?

Sivead

Yeah, TMNT (2007) is in continuity with the original live action movies and is considered as the forth movie. There's a shit ton of re-imagined TV series and spin-offs over the years its never really gone away.

The Turtles Forever animated special is a good 'guilty' laugh where the 'darker, more serious' 00s turtles meet the 'wacky' 80s ones and take the piss out of them. Then both meet the 'kick ass?' original Mirage comic versions that make them both look like wussies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csn1j65e7oQ

El Unicornio, mang

I still remember a really bad quality 3rd-generation American cinema cam-to- VHS copy of the original 1990 movie doing the rounds at our school. I wanted to see it so bad but about 13 people had "bagsied" before me.

Utter Shit

The original movie "How It All Began" rocked my world as a kid. I suspect it wasn't actually a film as it was probably under an hour, but compared to the usual 20 minute episodes it was a madness. Loved it.

EDIT: It's on Youtube, class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0QpvvJl_s

In retrospect, the theme tune sounds an awful lot like a spoof song made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, doesn't it!

Swoz_MK

Mickey from Seinfeld is playing Splinter. I'm happy with that. Desperately needs Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang.

Morrison Lard

I hope Rat King's in it.

And all them different-coloured foot soldiers.

I used to like the 80/90s cartoon, but the scars still run deep.

Thatcher might've snatched your milk or shut your coal-hole down,
sent your boys off to die on a sheep farm in the middle of nowhere.
But the true crime is what her regime did to our imported half-shell chums .
"hero".

Fuck you Maggie, these boys were, and forever will be, "ninja".

El Unicornio, mang

Yeah, what was with that changing the cartoon to "Hero" for the UK (think they did it in Germany too)?? That and deleting nunchakus from the show (and movies like Enter the Dragon) seemed like the most ridiculously pointless censorship. I remember having a TMHT t-shirt and they all had weapons except Michaelangelo who was just doing a thumbs up or something.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I remember having time off Primary School to have a tonsillectomy. It was the height of Turtles mania and the lad in the hospital bed next to mine was a massive fan. Being an iconoclastic curmudgeon, I chose to eschew the current fad of the day, to the bewilderment of the parents of my neighbour. I always remember his father enthusiastically telling me "Turkles[nb]For 'Turkles' is how he pronounced it.[/nb] will never die." It would seem he's been right so far.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 01, 2014, 03:35:10 PM
The original movie "How It All Began" rocked my world as a kid. I suspect it wasn't actually a film as it was probably under an hour, but compared to the usual 20 minute episodes it was a madness. Loved it.

EDIT: It's on Youtube, class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0QpvvJl_s

In retrospect, the theme tune sounds an awful lot like a spoof song made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, doesn't it!

That opening title sequence still rocks my world.

popcorn

The UK censorship meant we got a really truncated version of the opening sequence, filled with inserted static shots and excerpts from the episodes to hide Michelangelo's deadly ninja nunchaku. It wasn't until a few years ago that I saw the real thing, full of the kind of surprisingly sumptuous animation you got in the opening sequences of 80s cartoons and never in the episodes themselves (see also the Ghostbusters intro, for example).

VegaLA

I remember a friend of mine telling me that TMNT 3 was the most heavily censored film in the UK at that time. (Around 1995) Maybe just to get that PG rating?

Replies From View

Ninja Mutant Hero Turtles, as one of my probably-dead-now primary school teachers used to call them, as she confiscated the toys.

I never had any of the toys (was more of a Real Ghostbusters guy) but I remember the spinning turtles the best.  That was the range that must have been popular when I spotted loads of kids had them.

madhair60

I feel only the tiniest amount of shame in stating that the ongoing IDW-published comics are the best Ninja Turtles thing (besides the SNES game Turtles in Time, that is flawless).  I also liked the 2003 cartoon, even when I was well out of its age range.

Jerzy Bondov

I liked that evil pink brain thing. He was a good laugh.

MuteBanana

I have fond memories of spending an entire holiday on the Norfolk Broads searching pubs and arcades for the arcade game.