Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox loses court case [split topic]

Started by Blue Jam, January 29, 2024, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Norton Canes

New thread titles? 'LOOZA Fox'? Bit obvious. 

madhair60

my suggestion would be just don't make a new thread for laurence fox

Norton Canes

Blumf

...and the pointless little twat was never heard from again. The End

(We're not going to get a fairy tale ending, are we?)

Endicott

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 29, 2024, 04:01:53 PMAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAH:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68132377

That's made my afternoon.

Quote from: madhair60 on January 29, 2024, 04:16:42 PMmy suggestion would be just don't make a new thread for laurence fox

Finally you've said something I can get behind.

jobotic

Looking at the comments he made in court it was all a grifting performance and I'm sure he's got his costs covered by his backers.

The smelling of shit prick.

Zero Gravitas

What do people mean when they say a "Nothing Burger" do they mean it's just bun, or is that gone too and it's just nothing?

If it's just nothing; then why get burgers involved at all, is what I'm saying.

dissolute ocelot

A victory for common sense! He claims he'll appeal. Could just be bluster though. And I'm a bit disappointed that the court did not rule on whether Fox was a racist (because it didn't damage his Kola-Superdeep-Borehole-level reputation).

JaDanketies

It's good that the course didn't determine if he was a racist because his whole argument for the appeal is that the court didn't 'define racist', and the appeals court can say 'there's no need to do so, we merely ruled that calling you a racist is fine because you do enough damage to your own reputation regardless'.

So there's nowhere to go without the stain of this judgement on him, he just has to live with it.

Stonefish

Norton Canes

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 29, 2024, 04:52:15 PMit didn't damage his Kola-Superdeep-Borehole-level reputation

Ha. "We drilled deep into your crust and instead of finding rock-hard racism, we found liquid shit"

Norton Canes

Quote from: madhair60 on November 23, 2023, 02:06:07 AMpls lock thread and don't open another one begging you

Why do we have to talk about things?

dontpaintyourteeth

Fox probably ought to be denied the oxygen of publicity to be fair. And also oxygen

Janie Jones

Quote from: Janie Jones on October 01, 2023, 11:49:39 AMAva Evans said that Lozza Fox's comments [about her shagability] and the public reaction to his subsequent suspension have made her fear for her safety and consider giving up her career.

I see the thread police here know what is best for women who face this sort of shit daily - just ignore the tedious nonentities, they'll soon get fed up and stop being nasty bullies, everyone knows that. So I apologise for giving Fox the oxygen of publicity by updating this thread.

You know what @madhair60, stick to your dreary whimsy about dog cum and let @Barry Admin run his site as he sees fit. Lozza and his ilk make life worse for LGBTQ+ folk and women, that is my lived experience but perish the fucking thought you might have to ignore a couple of threads that don't interest you.

Jumblegraws

He's currently trying to goad Nicola Thorp into suing him again.

I honestly couldn't say if he's stupid enough to believe that Nik Nak-brained interpretation of the judgement or if it's just a bit of cope, but the profligacy of so freely inviting more litigation annoys me. Funniest twist in the Lozza saga at this point would be for Jeremy Hosking to cut him off (and announce this publicly).

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: jobotic on January 29, 2024, 04:30:14 PMLooking at the comments he made in court it was all a grifting performance and I'm sure he's got his costs covered by his backers.

The smelling of shit prick.

Or to put it in his own words:

Quote from: the judgementhe was getting 'a huge wad of cash for this game' – that is, for being the leader of Reclaim.

Kankurette

Good.
Quote from: madhair60 on January 29, 2024, 04:16:42 PMmy suggestion would be just don't make a new thread for laurence fox
And yet here you are.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Jumblegraws on January 29, 2024, 06:17:02 PMHe's currently trying to goad Nicola Thorp into suing him again.

I honestly couldn't say if he's stupid enough to believe that Nik Nak-brained interpretation of the judgement or if it's just a bit of cope, but the profligacy of so freely inviting more litigation annoys me. Funniest twist in the Lozza saga at this point would be for Jeremy Hosking to cut him off (and announce this publicly).

Ha. His answer is 'no u' plus a bollockbrained splat of idiocy.

madhair60

Quote from: Kankurette on January 29, 2024, 06:42:50 PMGood.And yet here you are.

that post was in the old thread before it got split :(

barry you've stitched me up here :(

madhair60

it's a long hard road back to the light for old madhair after this one i can tell you

BritishHobo

It always seems easy to write these people off as stupid, but I really do think Fox is. He's clearly trying to emulate the path he's seen other people take - tilt yourself towards right-wing talking points, and watch the money roll in - but he lacks the basic awareness to understand that you can only take it to a certain point. He's just swinging his big stupid fucking arms about and thinking "well Mark Dolan does it, so he'll be fine". But he won't be fine, and it's a joy to see. It's a joy to see one of these privileged cunts be shown it's not all just a fun game. There are consequences for your shallow grift, you haunted fuck.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: madhair60 on January 29, 2024, 06:46:08 PMthat post was in the old thread before it got split :(

barry you've stitched me up here :(

Dahn yoo wite app moi sahn!

Jumblegraws

He tweeted out this weird Charles Manson helter skelter-type declaration:

Prob a byproduct of some self-medication after he fucked his case, but if he keeps it up it'll be the criminal courts next.

jobotic

What consequences?

If I, or most people, were sued and lost I'd be fucking destitute. The brave far-right never have these consequences though. Maybe they lose one revenue stream but they keep their main one.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 29, 2024, 04:52:15 PMA victory for common sense! He claims he'll appeal. Could just be bluster though. And I'm a bit disappointed that the court did not rule on whether Fox was a racist (because it didn't damage his Kola-Superdeep-Borehole-level reputation).

That BBC article implies (as per the photo caption, and the reference later in the text to the racism thing) that the only appeal he's considering making relates to his own counterclaim, over the tweets accusing him of racism. Even he seems to realise that he's completely fucked on the main claim.

No idea why he thinks he's going to get any consideration of what constitutes racism by appealing his counterclaim, since, as you say, it was already deemed by the judge that his reputation was so low that being called a racist wouldn't materially damage it.

White Dog Poo

Possible compromise: Start a new thread where people can talk about him but nobody is ever allowed to mention his name (and that includes screenshots).

Might result in a ton of extra work for Barry Admin though.

Ferris

That's a shit beard he's got there isn't it? Terrible effort, real sixth form rebellion tier stuff.

BlodwynPig