Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NEW SILENT HILL FROM HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Started by madhair60, August 12, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Thursday on April 27, 2015, 06:51:09 PM
Well I guess because it's promotion for something that's not going to happen. I guess they probably have to pay to have it hosted on the servers so it's not worth it.

I don't suppose removing the trailer at the end and charging for it would be a move they could make either.

That'd seem like the obvious solution, I'd have thought.

EDIT: sorry, really banal post to start a new page.

Mister Six

Hollow

I wonder what's going on at Konami, I can't remember the last time such a high profile game just went 'poof'.

Consignia

Quote from: Hollow on April 29, 2015, 10:56:24 PM
I wonder what's going on at Konami, I can't remember the last time such a high profile game just went 'poof'.

There's loads of rumours at the moment. I hear they are wrapping up most of their games division and focusing on gambling and pachinko.

There's also apparently been a massive fallout with Kojima and Konami's CEO.

Hollow

Really? Oh god....this is massive if correct.

No more Konami? That's just surreal.

Japanese games companies seem to be faltering left, right and centre.

Konami have not been the games company they were in the SNES years for a while...but this? Literally shocking...more shocking than news of Sega's problems.

I'm off for a good play on Ganbare Goemon 2, forget about all this...before the Treasure split they were awesome.

Ignatius_S

Konami announced restructuring for its games studios and from what was said, it sounded, it would be concentrating on mobile and gambling.

New article today, which I thought was decent: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-30-what-is-happening-at-konami

Hollow

Thanks...I wonder if Capcom are next, like a house of cards...all roads lead to Nintendo, that would be my cue to exit this all-consuming pastime.

Konami I can deal with...they've been the Metal Gear co. for a while now anyway...but not them.

I bet Kojima is kicking his heels in delight, finally he can stop making them.

Hollow

Is The Phantom Pain coming out? It's the first metal gear I've been vaguely interested in.

Mister Six

If Nintendo go down, I'll bet they get bought out by a US company.

Consignia

To be honest, I don't really have much affection for Konami. Whilst it's bad to see a big company go, they never really created much I was interested bar a select few titles such as Metal Gear and the first couple of Silent Hills. So I'm really just shrugging when I hear them dropping out, sadly.

Hollow

Hollow

Quote from: Mister Six on April 30, 2015, 02:24:47 PM
If Nintendo go down, I'll bet they get bought out by a US company.

That would be a disaster...it would kill the little boy version of me stone dead.

Consignia

Quote from: Hollow on April 30, 2015, 02:50:15 PM
What about Castlevania?

Yeah, I never really got into them. The only one I really liked was that GBA one, Circle of The Moon. I don't like the Winning Eleven/Pro Evo games either.

Of course I'm not saying that Konami hasn't produced lot's of worthy stuff. They've clearly got some well loved stuff in their libraries. Just sadly not for me.

Ignatius_S

Although Nintendo in 2012 recorded the first full-year loss in its entire history, the company quickly returned to profitability and to put things in perspective, it currently has five billion dollars in cash at bank and I think double that other assets. It rumoured that the company is about to post a profit of slightly more than $200 million for the last financial quarter.

Nintendo has said it's going to be looking to leverage it IP more, has announced a strategic deal with DeNA over mobile gaming and amiibos have been generating new income (in about the first two months, 5.7 million figures were sold worldwide; in the States, in the first month, Nintendo reportedly made over $8 million). It's also pushing Splatoon massively (and IIRC, has a new PR company in the UK for this) and I think believes it's got a big new IP on its hand – we'll have to see, but I don't think things are quite as black for the company as often said.

Consignia

Konami have got quite a lot of cash in the bank as well, but I think they it as too marginal to keep in the console games industry. I suppose they have other interests, unlike Nintendo.