Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft 1.8 Server

Started by Big Jack McBastard, September 19, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

Allo yous, we've got a new server going hosted by a lovely bunch of communists who're happy to accept some newcomers such as your dirty self.

Already on the pile are:

Hangthebuggers (kayozz777)
hedgehog90
Myself
Zetetic (I *think* you've been added)
and our benefactor landlord(s): The Soviets

If you'd like in to our spanking new 1.8 world do PM either myself Htb or hedgehog and we shall add your spotty botty to the whitelist so we can all have a massive digital wank.

syntaxerror

You need some fresh blood dawg

Hangthebuggers

The more the merrier. Please feel free to join.

syntaxerror

drop us an pm and i'll pop in.

Big Jack McBastard

Yer in.

Any more of you slaaaaags?

Big Jack McBastard

Oh yes just so new folks know we're at

-118 77 299

and thereabouts.

Fucking Skyrim just bollocksed up a 40 hour save game, so go on then. PM me the deets Big J.

Exit

I've also expressed my interest, as 'Exit2'.

Those with experience of my limited play will confirm that I will manufacture a benign hut somewhere up a pole and sit in it.

hedgehog90

Exit, you're in.
Region, send me your minecraft username so I can add you to the 'great bunch of lads' list.

syntaxerror

This fucking game won't run. It used to. Now it runs like shit. Fucking blocks.

hedgehog90

What a load of blocks.
So it runs but it's just really slow?
I find that if I have a youtube video playing at the same time it gets really sluggish. Anything like that?
I noticed a Java update prompt on my computer earlier, perhaps you installed an update without restarting and that made the runtime feel all bloated and poorly and in need of a good fart (reboot)

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: syntaxerror on September 23, 2014, 12:02:08 AM
This fucking game won't run. It used to. Now it runs like shit. Fucking blocks.

Have you toggled the GFX options, you can improve your performance that way... Turn off clouds for example..

syntaxerror

Yep graffics are on lowest settings. My pc is just shit.

mook

i can't even log into the bloody game any more, apparently the computer has remembered my password, but still nothing... DAMN YOU MICROSOFT.

just as well really, i was fucking appalling at it.

Old players will have to link a new Mojang account to their old Minecraft account, that's probably why you can't get in.

I'm have a different problem - I can't even play the game without getting client errors saying "item # has no item?!" about a thousand times in the crash log. Something to do with server RAM and spawners, according to my internet research and it seems there's nothing I can do about it. New version of Minecraft downloaded, new video drivers... now't difference. Can't even play for a minute without it happening.

syntaxerror

I was gonna give it another try, but! the server is down??!!

hedgehog90

Quote from: mook on September 23, 2014, 09:11:22 AM
i can't even log into the bloody game any more, apparently the computer has remembered my password, but still nothing... DAMN YOU MICROSOFT.

If you don't know your username:
https://minecraft.net/retrievename

or password:
https://minecraft.net/resetpassword

Give it another go, mook. Since you last played they've added a load of amazing new blocks. Seriously, they'll blow your fucking mind.

mikeyg27

Quote from: mook on September 23, 2014, 09:11:22 AM

It's possible you need to download the latest version. I had the same problem but downloading version 1.8 from the Mojang website solved it.

Big Jack McBastard

Alright which one of yis barrrstards destroyed my fackin house then?

Granted it wasn't much but my whole stash for 6 poxy diamonds and a slip of iron?! Grrrr.

I thought it was a hidden treasure thing someone was doing, sheesh. I'm moving in with hedgehog again.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on September 26, 2014, 12:56:05 AM
Alright which one of yis barrrstards destroyed my fackin house then?

Granted it wasn't much but my whole stash for 6 poxy diamonds and a slip of iron?! Grrrr.

I thought it was a hidden treasure thing someone was doing, sheesh. I'm moving in with hedgehog again.

Hmm yeah I noticed that yesterday. I just assumed you'd moved gaffs, then I noticed a sign saying 'that's for taking my stuff'...

Big Jack McBastard

Well whateves, they're forgiven, let it never be said that I'm not magnanimous. As usual hedgehog has indeed lured me in to his far nicer lair, plus I was wearing my best/only gear and most of the other good stuff was in the enderchest anyway.

I'll crack on with getting a blaze farm started tonight unless I'm utterly ruined from painting and honking greenery, I'll probably make a start either way.

If anyone has about 30 spare glowstone that'd be a mighty handy.

syntaxerror

Big Jack McBastard

syntaxerror

Destroying someone's build is the height of cuntitude. It's meaningless ultimately, but that's what makes it so unpleasant - what's in it for you to do that? That's someone's time and effort you're bieng trusted with by being on the server, and abusing that trust?

Honestly, whoever did it should be banned.

syntaxerror

Quote from: The Region Legion on September 27, 2014, 05:59:44 AM
Destroying someone's build is the height of cuntitude. It's meaningless ultimately, but that's what makes it so unpleasant - what's in it for you to do that? That's someone's time and effort you're bieng trusted with by being on the server, and abusing that trust?

Honestly, whoever did it should be banned.

Jesus, it's a fucking game.

Big Jack McBastard

Easy there TRL, easy boy! I appreciate the sentiment but I did leave a sign announcing that I'd nicked what was in that chest so I've no-one to blame but myself. No bannings, that shit needed to go anyway.

It's ok, all is forgiven, I actually quite liked the audacity of it, especially when I noticed the two poxy ovens at the bottom of my ladder/drop had been broken out too, that made me laugh :) It was a thorough job that's for sure.

Hangthebuggers

No harm done eh?

Glad we've all taken it nicely.

Quote from: syntaxerror on September 27, 2014, 08:46:39 AM
Jesus, it's a fucking game.

Given that the person involved doesn't care, then there's not much point in continuing to talk about it. I just think it's a cunt's trick. We're not on creative mode, so every single brick has had to be mined or crafted, then used to design and construct something. That's time and energy spent specifically to get the materials together to build something. If it's "just a game" then I suppose I'll go round TNT'ing everyone houses then. WHAT FUN FOR ME! Who cares whose hard work I ruin, right?

Like I say, if Jack is cool about it then that's great but if someone did that to me I'd be furious.

syntaxerror

Oh, why don't you do one - I can't believe you're really getting indignant about someone who smashed up an imaginary house because they stole some imaginary diamonds. I'm embarrassed for you.