Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft 1.8 Server

Started by Big Jack McBastard, September 19, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syntaxerror

Taken a break this week to watch all of The Walking Dead, will be back soon.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: syntaxerror on October 25, 2014, 08:02:35 PM
hello?

Vas ist up?

I'm also having a day or two off for the sake of my sanity.

hedgehog90

I'm taking a short break too. All that head building wrecked me.

Hangthebuggers

Our town seems to have been taken over by villagers!

Yes, I popped in to see how Des was coming along and if there'd been any other major developments and was quite surprised to see about 20 villagers congregating in my house, and about 30 more milling about in the town square.

Big Jack McBastard

Oh yeah I went a bit mad and spewed a few out for a laugh.

Well I don't mind them being about but perhaps not in the main square, in all of our homes. Maybe we should coral them into some kind of camp.

Big Jack McBastard

Heh, feel free to kill em off if you like I'm not precious about them or owt.

I'm just saying, it's great that they're there and all but I don't think they should be mixing with us. If there was just some way in which we could have them about for the benefits but not have to look at their faces or share our town with them.

I think if we built a camp out in the woods nearby the town, we could visit them there.

We might need to put together a temporary train line to get them there though.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: The Region Legion on October 29, 2014, 03:29:06 PM
I'm just saying, it's great that they're there and all but I don't think they should be mixing with us. If there was just some way in which we could have them about for the benefits but not have to look at their faces or share our town with them.

I think if we built a camp out in the woods nearby the town, we could visit them there.

We might need to put together a temporary train line to get them there though.

So... some sort of concentration camp?

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on October 29, 2014, 03:09:47 PM
Oh yeah I went a bit mad and spewed a few out for a laugh.

They've been breeding like fuck.

hedgehog90

I take a break for a few days and you lot plan a holocaust.

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on October 29, 2014, 05:17:14 PM
So... some sort of concentration camp?

I suppose you could describe it in those terms, in that we are concentrating the villagers into a single area.

We may have a problem if they continue to breed of course, we'll start to run out of space. Also, disease might be a factor if they don't keep the place clean. Neither of those are our problem though, and really if we're forced to deal with it then the blame is on them.

Quote from: hedgehog90 on October 29, 2014, 05:21:40 PM
I take a break for a few days and you lot plan a holocaust.

Woah, woah, woah. No one's talking about mass extermination. You're the one saying that. I'm talking about safe housing for the villager community that has taken over our peaceful hamlet. We have the right to our own lands you know. Seems like you're a little too happy about the villagers being there, to be honest. You're welcome to live with them at the camp if that's your attitude.

hedgehog90

Hangthebuggers

Is anyone playing this evening?

syntaxerror

Big Jack McBastard

Wow they really like your place TRL!

Why do you think I suggested the camp?

It's nice to have some houseguests I suppose.

Exit

It does appear to be teeming with peasants. Do they breed? Are we about to be overrun with framerate-sapping peons?

Hangthebuggers

Any of those cunts go into my tower and they're getting pushed into the ocean.

Hangthebuggers

What say we up the stakes a little by flipping it to creative mode for a whole week? I've checked the logs and it mostly seems to be people logging on and missing each other by an hour or so.... And bemused reactions to this bad boy.

Incidentally if anyone is interested.

We have rail routes all over the place to various biomes. Active portals and nether transport routes. A fully functioning gay bar. Seaworld. Churches. etc.

Join us...

hedgehog90

Sorry I switched off creative mode figuring I turned it on by accident, and I'm not sure how to turn it on for everyone.

I finally finished Des a few minutes ago. THANK FUCK FOR THAT! It's a bit of a hollow victory because, well it's ultimately pointless, but also I can't stand the fucking sight of him any longer, the gormless moustachioed twat.

The hair was a nightmare to do. Unlike the skin I didn't have blueprints, so I basically just had to have a giant jpeg of Des on one side of the screen and keep moving back to a spot where I could compare and contrast, not unlike a painter holds his paint brush in his eyeline to get a perspective.
Slowly but surely I managed to build a mop of luscious grey follicles atop his bonce and make it pretty true to life.

Unfortunately the draw distance limits what angles and framing are possible for a decent snapshot, and for some reason I was holding a large block of coal at the time which doesn't help matters.

Ladies and gents, I present

DES®

Again, shame about the draw distance as it would be nice to see him in the context of our little village.

All Surrogate

It's true.  Des towers obscenely over the village.  I try to avoid his gaze at all times.

hedgehog90

I wish I had built him further away tbh, feels like I've somewhat broken the atmos of our little habitat.
And yes, 'obscene' is the perfect word to describe his purple puffy presence.

Big Jack McBastard

Aye shame about the draw distance.

Some silly arse TNT'd a rail line. An iron oxide afflicted semi aquatic wading sort is drawing my slidey eye. Not important or owt, it was sort of spectacular.

Should have made some fireworks...

Onken

I've been playing on the PS3 version that I got for free. This thread has got me interested in having a walk around using my Mac. Installed the launcher and it's saying 17.95 GBP!!! I thought you PC bods got games dirt cheap.

hedgehog90

You're late to the party, back in the day it was dirt cheap. Don't think it cost me more than a tenner.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I thought I'd give the old MC a go again after putting it off for a year or so, but the whole thing lags to absolute fuck. I just checked the system specs, and apparently it needs at least a 2.6 GHz processor. Is that really right? It used to run like a waterfall on my knackered old Acer, what have they added that makes your comp need to sweat so bloody much?

syntaxerror

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on November 17, 2014, 05:00:44 PM
what have they added that makes your comp need to sweat so bloody much?

more blocks