Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind

Started by Cerys, February 16, 2015, 11:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: kittens on February 26, 2015, 06:10:35 PM
man, getting around is a real chore. not only is walking/running reeeeeeallly slooooow, often i'm told i need to go to a place, but have no idea where the place is. like it's somewhere miles away but i have no clue to where it is. sometimes they mark it on the map for me, which is nice, but often i've just got no idea and i'm left really slowly wandering around

For me, when I originally played this game back on the original Xbox, that aspect of the game appealed to me. It made the world feel more alive and threatening and intriguing.

Whereas Skyrim just says go here and do this. Kind of loses the majesty a little.

kittens

now i have my speed boots and a pair of swords that make me fly getting around is a hoot. really enjoying the game a lot

Shoulders?-Stomach!

kittens

speedy boots yes mate
'randagulf's fists' magic big gloves yes mate
fucking umbra yes mate

getting umbra was great, i have these two swords which let me fly around for ages, so i just took off and chucked some scrolls at the guy, and zipped past smashing him with my sword. he hit me once and it knocked me to the ground and i was like 'fuck it's all over' but i necked a potion and managed to fly off before he hit me again. thanks for the sword loser

i'm also the leader of the fighter's guild, but i didn't like how easy that was.
Spoiler alert
just all of a sudden i'm told these three people in it are evil and i should kill them, so i do that and then i'm the boss. a little anticlimactic
[close]

cliff racers are beginning to get annoying

great game 10/10

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Treguard of Dunshelm

Inspired by this thread, I've been replaying Morrowind recently and I happened across Umbra while looking for a particular egg mine. I knew my low level Dunmer wouldn't be a match for him but wanted to see what would happen, it took him just two mighty blows to rag the absolute fuck out of my elven arse.

Cerys

I love the fact that this thread is prompting replays.

I'm now level 21 and have been lurking in the Underworks in Vivec to increase my sneak skill and beat up daedra worshippers.  I also have the Lord's Mail and the Mask of Clavicus Vile, both of which happened more or less unexpectedly.  My main disappointment is that there doesn't seem to be a kill count, so there's not a lot of point in trying to play through without killing anything.  Phooey.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Try to find the Cuirass of the Saviour's hide - it's in an underwater cave underneath the moat in Ebonheart ;)

Absolutely rock solid armour.

QuoteMy main disappointment is that there doesn't seem to be a kill count

Cerys

I'm more of a heavy armour bloke - and the cave of which you speak was where I found the Lord's Mail.  I suspect things move around.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Shoulders has confused the Lord's Mail with Cuirass of the Saviour's Hide, which is in Tel Fyr.

If we're talking favourite items, I just got one of mine - the Amulet of Shadows. 80% Chameleon makes sneaking a breeze. It's just south of Ald Velothi.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Boo. Yes I got them mixed up. The items don't move around (thank fuck).

Lord's Mail is lordly but the Cuirass is the real one to get if you want the feeling of levelling up about 5 steps in one don.

Speaking of Tel Fyr- don't you have to be able to levitate to get to the room full of goodies?

kittens

in the corprusarium in tel fyr they have all those chests that are superlocked and if you open one up all you get it is a key labelled like 'key 800'
what's up with that where's the treasure

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nah mate, get your lock skillz sorted and those chests are crammed full of A-Grade Elite shite.

Cerys

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 17, 2015, 01:04:34 PM
Speaking of Tel Fyr- don't you have to be able to levitate to get to the room full of goodies?

Levitating isn't too difficult.  Mix up a load of potions using Troma Roots and Racer Plumes.

Cerys

Morrowind infiltrated my dreams last night.  It begins.

Cerys

My game keeps crashing because 'the disc may be dirty or damaged'.  Lots of saving it is, then.

Cerys

Having beaten up Dagoth Ur and done a whole load of other stuff, I have begun another game with an Argonian named Thrud the Pacifist.  He will wield no weapons.  He will run away a lot.  He will probably die many, many times.

prwc

The Game Of The Year edition of this is only £3.74 on Steam today. Just got it, looking forward to it. Dunno whether to wait for the upcoming Skywind mod though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wouldn't bother waiting for that, you could be there forever. By the time they've done it it'll be time to update it to whatever new engine emerges.

Wilbur

Quote from: prwc on June 18, 2015, 05:00:56 PM
The Game Of The Year edition of this is only £3.74 on Steam today. Just got it, looking forward to it. Dunno whether to wait for the upcoming Skywind mod though.

Ta for the heads up. Just got it as well.

Cerys

Phil_A

I thought I'd share my alternative Morrowind soundtrack - the game automatically plays any mp3s in the music folders, so you can put whatever you like in there. It's basically cobbled together from soundtracks and library music albums, while trying to keep roughly the same feel as the existing music.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9yj0vn6m767cvq/Morrowind%20Explore%20Music.zip?dl=0

i hear the water dreaming, for flute & orchestra (1987) - Toru Takemitsu
The Legend Of Ashitaka - Joe Hisaishi
A Road to Somewhere - Joe Hisaishi
toward the sea i,  for alto flute & guitar (1981) 1. the night - Toru Takemitsu
Kingstanding - North Sea Radio Orchestra
Requiem (for String Orchestra) - Toru Takemitsu
toward the sea i,  for alto flute & guitar (1981) 2. moby dick - Toru Takemitsu
The Journey To The West - Joe Hisaishi
the observer - Basil Kirchin
End Credits, Alternate Version [Alien]- Jerry Goldsmith
The Big Country - Keith Papworth
toward the sea i,  for alto flute & guitar (1981) 3. cape cod - Toru Takemitsu
crossing the river and onwards - Angela Morley
Nighttime Coming - Joe Hisaishi
les filles des etoiles, prelude for flute and harp (1975) - Toru Takemitsu
Anthony Mawer - Countrywide
toward the sea ii, for alto flute, harp, & strings (1981) 1. the night - Toru Takemitsu
reflection - Basil Kirchin
Harbour Wall - North Sea Radio Orchestra
toward the sea ii, for alto flute, harp, & strings (1981) 2. moby dick - Toru Takemitsu
toward the sea ii, for alto flute, harp, & strings (1981) 3. cape cod - Toru Takemitsu
pastoralia - Eric Towren
on the river - John Snow
The Sixth Station - Joe Hisaishi
Flute Promenade - Eric Towren
early dusk - Ivor Slaney
Homeward Bound - Jack Trombey

And here's one for Battle Themes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/at1pit9fvvymjme/Morrowind%20Battle%20Music.zip?dl=0

The Demon God - Joe Hisaishi
Sky, Horse and Death [Concrete Music] - Toru Takemitsu
The Thing - Ennio Morricone
ashes and ghost - Akira Yamaoka