Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft - Playstation3/Vita Edition

Started by PAGATRON, April 15, 2015, 03:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAGATRON

Taken a slow start to this but thanks to the PS3/Vita crossplay I can play this on my travels or at work then get the save data back on the PS3.

Usually you start off getting materials for a crafting table and a shelter to begin with, but I was lucky to spawn right next a village, so I crafted wooden tools, a crafting table, a furnace and a bed. Got some food and just took them all with me traveling around the surface without mining anything yet, when it gets dark I just place the bed on a flat surface and sleep until the next day without coming across any hostile mobs.

So now I've uncovered the whole map my initial plan is to build a fort of some type, probably around that village I started with.

I'm more than welcome to hook up with anyone else playing this.

Alls welcomes!

Beagle 2

I've just got into this - the Vita/Playstation TV version. I had some digs next to a big rich dungeon and ended up with some diamonds and gold and shit, found a little village, a chest with some horse armor (but no horses OR SHOULD THAT BE NAE LIKE NAY HORSES), tried my hand at farming crops (unsuccessfully) and livestock (did alright mate) but the world was pissing me off so I just restarted and spawned next to a really big village. And there's horses here.

So now I'm building a PIERAMID next to the village. A PIERAMID is my own invention - a big fucking glass pyramid with a pier coming out of it. We're out on the coast, like. I'm not sure it's actually going to look that great but I've started the cunt now. Do the villagers compliment you on your creations? If I get any snarky looks or overhear the word 'vulgar' I'm going to stick some Dead Kennedys on and go on a killing spree.

I'd be up for multi-player action, how do we do that then? I'm Jimbobabu on PSN.

POST YOUR MINECRAFT CREATIONS HERE - my mate was showing me this massive sky sphere he'd done and I was in awe. I don't know if his wife eyed us more with pity or disgust.

PAGATRON

On my world I've got horses, pigs and sheep all over the shop. there's also a wheat farm in the village so food and breeding is not a problem.

I think you can see a friends world on the home screen.

A PIERAMID, but how? 

Beagle 2

You PAGATRON on PSN as well, aye? I'll look out for you.

PAGATRON

hoverdonkey

Me and the boy are still playing this loads, but we've moved to PS4, so we can't be part of your gang :(

Onken

I own it on all three. I've put a good hundred hours into it on both PS3 and Vita (twin platinums) and I'm really proud of the village I built on the Vita. When I played it on PS4 the map felt ridiculously large and too daunting to explore. You need twenty something seperate maps to chart all the entire world and having an increased draw distance made me feel incredibly lonely. Maybe I need to give it more time to get use to the difference.

PAGATRON

20 maps? They must want you build countries or something, I was gonna build a fort around the village but it might be more satisfying if I start from scratch.

billtheburger

I play it on the PS3 with my lads. We currently have two games going; theirs has explored loads & done the trading stuff. Now they've found an abandoned mansion that they have annexed with their own treehouses. They also watch loads of other people playing the game on youtube.
Mine on the other hand, has tucked itself into the top right corner of the map mining away. I've found a machine that generates zombies and one that make skeleton archers. I cannot destroy them.

As for the online thing, we haven't tried it. I fear getting killed and loosing all my precious possessions.

Onken

Quote from: PAGATRON on April 16, 2015, 09:36:58 AM
20 maps? They must want you build countries or something, I was gonna build a fort around the village but it might be more satisfying if I start from scratch.

That's what its suppose to look like when they're all framed as pictures together.

I wasn't ready to make the leap.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: billtheburger on April 16, 2015, 09:54:02 AM
I've found a machine that generates zombies and one that make skeleton archers. I cannot destroy them.

But you can use them to farm xp. Look for 'minecraft XP farm' on youtube.

billtheburger

I'm fucking lost in the middle of a mountain mine deep underground with an overflowing inventory.
Somehow I have to dig up.

Beagle 2

I do start to feel very claustrophobic if I'm underground for too long.

My PIERAMID is coming along. Up too late last night building it. I need to stop those bastard creepers getting anywhere near. Double fence it? I think probably a trapdoor pit, then fence. I still don't understand how that pig got on top of it. I felt really undermined, like it was mocking me. Dead now. Stay away.

billtheburger

You should have put a saddle on it and rode it around first to humiliate it before making pork chops.

Beagle 2

Riding a pig is on my to-do-list for sure but I need to get this DIY out of the way mate.

PAGATRON

Why don't you craft a bed and sleep through the night?

Beagle 2

I do, but now my PIERAMID is nearly finished I'd like to spend some nights sat atop of it observing the monster mayhem all around, and I'm also planning to dig a dungeon from inside it and not worry about shit getting real on the surface while I'm under the earth. Also sometimes creepers arrive in the day don't they? One wiped out my carrots. Prick.

PAGATRON

OK for the experts out there, the village I'm staying at while I build my fort all the villagers but one have disappeared.
According to the Wiki they're supposed to re-spawn up to the equal number of houses in the village but nothing happening so far,
has this happened to anyone else?

Onken

My villagers always killed off to the point of near extinition. The only solution to repopulate is come darkness finding some Zombie Villagers and have somewhere already prepared to lure and fence them in. I'd say they chances of finding them are around 1/20 in the area around where they were killed.

You need to be Splash Potion of Weakness and a Golden Apple in your inventory at the ready. Golden Apples are a real bitch. Until one of the last updates you only needed eight nuggets but now it's changed to eights ingots. That's a lot of gold if you want to cure multiple villagers. Theres a trophy involved for your trouble.

PAGATRON

Yeah, looks like I have to protect the one villager I have left and hopefully get all the ingredients to deal with a zombie and re-populate my town.