Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I Want To Buy A Normal Laptop With Proper Mouse Buttons

Started by checkoutgirl, April 30, 2015, 11:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Pretty good explanatory title there, I want a normal laptop with two mouse buttons and a little mouse pad on it so that it can be used like laptops a few years ago. I don't understand all this putting the buttons under one big button so the mouse pad part has the buttons built in. I'm really describing this badly.

I want something like this. With the two little clicky buttons.

But Sony then started doing this. With like just a big square that you have to press like buttons but there aren't any buttons. I still haven't worked out how to use it and when I use the laptop in my parents house with this set up it has led to misery and annoyance.

Now you might point out that Sony don't make laptops anymore and I'm a big retard because I can't work out how stuff works. And you might be right, but if someone can point me in the direction of a new laptop with some mouse buttons then that would be great. Price range is £600 or £700 sterling pounds. Or €900 euro dollars.

mook

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z70-80/

HAPPY NOW???

yeah, so it is a hundred more - everyone spends ~£100 more than they thought on a computer. it's the rules OK!!

checkoutgirl

I think I'll go for the Lenovo Z50-70. Thanks mook. Do you want karma? I've got loads.

Big Jack McBastard

You could also whack any old USB mouse in it and behave like a sane person.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on April 30, 2015, 12:39:05 PM
You could also whack any old USB mouse in it and behave like a sane person.

But then where would you use this extra mouse? Assuming the laptop is on top of your lap.

mook

up the side o' yo head motherfucker.*

*get a darkfield - works on shiny glass, it'll work on your head

georgetaylor

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 30, 2015, 01:39:01 PM
But then where would you use this extra mouse? Assuming the laptop is on top of your lap.

See that flat bit next to the touch pad?
There.

Steven

I've got an Acer laptop with one of those big trackpad button things, if you just very gently double tap on it, it registers as a click, without actually having to click down on the thing.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 30, 2015, 01:39:01 PM

Grow an extra leg you big girl.