Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:16:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Project Cars

Started by The Boston Crab, May 09, 2015, 07:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Project HARD, more like. Not because I have an erection from the engine sounds, which I do, nor because I have an erection from the weather effects, which I don't, but because after weeks of caning DriveClub (and continuing to cane), I understand a little more how despite its sense of weight and speed, it's still driving with stabilisers, which I really enjoy, in fact.

Project Cars is, at this stage, pretty overwhelming for me. I had a few laps on fixed settings last night while it was downloading. As an aside, I'm still impressed and delighted by that feature, I must say. I found it really tricky but after a little while, started to work with the racing line and braking guide and managed to take a couple of decent corners. Then I went into settings and realised that I basically had it set to Baby's Day Out. I turned off all the steering, traction and braking assists and had another go. Got about ten seconds into the race and ENGINE BLOWN. Restart. CRASH. Restart. MECHANICAL FAILURE. Quit.

Seems like it'll be fun once I tinker with it a bit, though. My only concern really is that you need a wheel to get the most out of something like this. Even going in a straight line is tough at high speed. Those little correcting nudges can send you spinniCRASH. Restart.

Anyone else tempted by this? It's on all formats.

This is fucking brick but very satisfying once you make some progress, from a skill point of view. Some cars are still undriveable for me, including the starting kart class vehicles but the more MOR stuff feels damn good. You're just never totally on the brakes or totally on the throttle.

This received a bit of a graphical upgrade. Runs like a mother fucker, though obviously not as pretty as DriveClub. That's 60FPS for you, though. Anyone ever bothered with this? I'd wait for a sale or go second hand. It's satisfying but hard and likely not everyone's cup of tea.