Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by Thursday, June 11, 2015, 06:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Thursday

Quite hard to see anything at the moment

Benjaminos

Now I've got a substantial Steam library, these don't hold the same appeal as they used to. I've either got everything that's on sale, or it's stuff I didn't want anyway.

And the metagame never lives up to that Christmas sale where you could win actual games. It unlocks more discounts this year, by the looks - so the reward is that I get to buy more stuff? That ain't blowing my skirt up, chief.

That said, it is an excuse to post this on FB every six months or so: http://gaben.tv/

Thursday

There's quite a few things on my wishlist, but nothing is quite discounted enough at the moment.

Benjaminos

I've finally managed to join the 'monster game', but there's nothing to attack. I'll come back in an hour or two and see if their servers have recovered a bit, I suppose.

Edit: Oh, it's an incremental/idler game! This could be quite fun, actually.

mook

anyone played styx : master of shadows? any good?

i fancy a steathy sort of game that isn't quite a GRRR as shadow of mordor is all.

Shaky

Holy shit - notoriously glitchy trainwreck/mental masterpiece Deadly Premonition is down to $2.50 (inc soundtrack!). I'm going in...

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: Benjaminos on June 11, 2015, 06:30:32 PM
That said, it is an excuse to post this on FB every six months or so: http://gaben.tv/

Ha, excellent

It's been quite an achievement hasn't it.

Steam really took off during that spell when Grandma's were buying tablets and everyone was saying how PC's were dying. Stuffy, beige boxes that didn't work and were being replaced by slick tablets running angry birds.

But through Steam and companies like nVidia, I'd say PC is now/still the best gaming platform there is

Phil_A

I think the Steam servers must be taking a pummelling, my download speed's been absolute shite all evening.

Benjaminos

View -> Settings -> Downloads, and change your region to somewhere European where there are only four people with internet access. Luxembourg or something.

HappyTree

Just nabbed Back to the Future. It's now discounted enough to take a punt. Also got the Lucasarts pack with The Dig and Indy for cheaps. Let's see if other wishlist entries get cut further.

DJ Solid Snail

Quote from: HappyTree on June 12, 2015, 10:19:27 PM
Also got the Lucasarts pack with The Dig and Indy for cheaps.

Ooh, could I have a link please? I can't seem to find it.

HappyTree

Phil_A

Quote from: Shaky on June 12, 2015, 02:07:11 PM
Holy shit - notoriously glitchy trainwreck/mental masterpiece Deadly Premonition is down to $2.50 (inc soundtrack!). I'm going in...

Be aware though that it's a wretchedly broken port. I spent about three hours last night trying to figure a way to get past the opening movie without it crashing - managed it eventually after fumbling around with guides for ages, but "buyer beware" is all I'm saying.

Thursday

I enjoyed that Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments anyone know if the earlier ones worth bothering with?

Moribunderast

Quote from: Thursday on June 13, 2015, 06:11:40 PM
I enjoyed that Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments anyone know if the earlier ones worth bothering with?

Testament of Sherlock Holmes is great and, from memory, the one or two games that came before were well received. Reckon I might nab some of the earlier ones too.

BritishHobo

I've gotten The Witcher (which I can't play) for a quid and Little Inferno (which is a weird and fascinating little game) for also a quid. I've decided to only buy games that are a quid or thereabouts. True story.

Shaky

Quote from: Phil_A on June 13, 2015, 09:21:39 AM
Be aware though that it's a wretchedly broken port. I spent about three hours last night trying to figure a way to get past the opening movie without it crashing - managed it eventually after fumbling around with guides for ages, but "buyer beware" is all I'm saying.

I'm actually really enjoying this game despite the many dire warnings which preceded it. The thing's only crashed once on me too and I'm a good few hours in. Laughable graphics aside, everything else seems perfectly fine so far and it's an engrossing Resident Evil/Silent Hill clone (although admittedly I'm not a big fan of these sorts of games usually).

York's "conversations" with Zach while on the road are priceless.