Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:52:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PS Plus games now go live in Europe on the first Tuesday of each month

Started by Ignatius_S, June 29, 2015, 02:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

QuoteAll free PlayStation Plus games will now go live in Europe on the first Tuesday of each month, Sony has announced.

The change will begin with next month's line-up of free games, which will be made available on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita next Tuesday, July 7. PS Plus games were previously released in Europe on a Wednesday, one day later than the US.

"Hey folks. As of this month, Plus games go live in both EU and US on the first tuesday of the month (no longer Wednesday in EU)," SCEE blog manager Fred Dutton confirmed on PlayStation Blog. "The first Tuesday in July is 7th July, hence why the games aren't launching this week."
http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps_plus_games_now_go_live_in_europe_on_the_first_tuesday_of_each_month.html

Thursday

So we're basically waiting another 6 days for games this month. Bastards!!!

Pit-Pat

That's a pretty impressive example of giving with one hand, taking with the other

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Pit-Pat on June 29, 2015, 03:22:23 PM
That's a pretty impressive example of giving with one hand, taking with the other

I don't think Europe has ever had Plus games released before the US ones – if they left the system as is currently, I doubt we would be getting them this week.

In April of this year, the first was a Wednesday but we didn't get the games until the following Wednesday – and I'm pretty certain that's the system that's always been applied (i.e. European release is always one day later after the US for no specified reason).

Because of the change, we're getting the games one day earlier than we would have (i.e. next Tuesday, rather than next Wednesday) with the big bonus of parity – I don't think there's a downside!

Thursday

NO NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I want my games now $ony. I'm switching to XBOX.

Onken

Can't these announcements go inside the PS4 thread? It seems a waste.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Onken on June 30, 2015, 11:07:18 PM
Can't these announcements go inside the PS4 thread? It seems a waste.

Stuff can be lost in larger threads - and PSN members aren't necessarily PS4 owners, not sure about the logic having it elsewhere a "waste". FWIW, Neil has requested that people make smaller threads rather than have large catchall ones.