Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:13:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WimbleWrong 2022

Started by Spoon of Ploff, May 18, 2022, 01:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Do we want it? And if we want it who is going to run it? And if we want it and someone is going to run it should we keep to the same rules or freshen things up a bit?

Please post your thoughts in this thread that I have started.

Many Thankyous

Fambo Number Mive

As one of the spectators I've been looking forward to WimbleWrong for months. I think it's one of the highlights of CAB.

TheGingerAlien

selectivememory

I can't play or run it this year as my computer is broken at the moment. Always an enthusiastic spectator though.

The rules seem to have kept things running pretty smoothly in the last few years, but happy to chip in with some suggestions if other people think they need revising.

Also can we make Machotrouts take part again?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

PlanktonSideburns

Would love to spectate this this year

Should be the same rules but with an animated Gif round

DoesNotFollow

Was just thinking of organising a last minute Jubilwrong contest celebrating ARE QUEN. But maybe it's a theme that could be absorbed into the usual Wimblewrong. Either way I hope it goes ahead.

Sincerely, a potential competitor.

pancreas

Of course we want.

I wish I could assist in any way, but I am completely depleted of time

Ian Drunken Smurf

Would love to return to get wiped out in the first round after a hiatus. Loves me some 'wrong. Thwack!

Spoon of Ploff

The GIF idea is terrible.. but if the two players of a game both agree to post them then why not?

Famous Mortimer

I could do the dull admin stuff, especially as I have no abilities in this area at all.

Spoon of Ploff

i vote Famous Mortimer for WimbleWrong admin

Mr Farenheit

I'll play!
Any interest in group stages like we had in the doubles tournament?
Who's the tournament sponsor this year?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ferris

Very tempted to sign up (I have a decent computer setup and loads of free time at my new job - took a 2hr nap today) but minimal talent.

I'll sign up as first round cannon fodder if we need to make up numbers.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 24, 2022, 03:31:59 PMI could do the dull admin stuff, especially as I have no abilities in this area at all.

Sooo. You gunna do this or what?

I'm sure SelectiveMem or myself can answer any questions you may have in taking on this thankless soul destroying task.

PlanktonSideburns

Ferris

Can't wait to be foddered into OBLIVION

GoblinAhFuckScary

i'd really love to play but i'm very inconsistently funny and never finish things on time
Spoiler alert
adhd
[close]

but it's the most wonderful time of the year

Fambo Number Mive

So will Wimblewrong 2022 start on the first day of Wimbledon 2022 i.e. June 27th?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 31, 2022, 10:57:56 AMSooo. You gunna do this or what?

I'm sure SelectiveMem or myself can answer any questions you may have in taking on this thankless soul destroying task.
Yes, happy to! I'll scan the old threads and start a signup thingie very soon.