Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New round of jabs [split topic]

Started by Blue Jam, October 06, 2022, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Just got a text, all booked now. 3 weeks.

olliebean

Bloody flu jabs are available for 50 and over now, just too late to book it for the same time as my Covid booster. Some coordination would be useful.

GoblinAhFuckScary

been reaching into post-boxes all week hoping to find one which will jab me

Famous Mortimer

We got them in the US a couple of months ago, I think it started with just the older and more immunocompromised people, but after a while anyone could wander along. All my muscles felt tired the next day, but after that all was well.

olliebean

Had mine this afternoon. Arm hurting quite badly now, but I don't think it's as bad as it was after the first booster when it kept me awake most of the night. For only the second time out of four, they managed a bloodless injection.

purlieu

Just had mine. Arm already hurts. Glad I stopped taking the natto-serra for my long Covid because there are a couple of things about blood thinners on the info sheet.

olliebean

Arm only hurt for a couple of days, unlike last time when it was more like a couple of weeks. Got my flu jab booked for Saturday now.

purlieu

Cripplingly painful heart pain this morning. 111 are sending an ambulance.

Blue Jam

Oh fuck, be well @purlieu, hope you get the attention and treatment you need x

shiftwork2

whut?  Updates when you can please.  All the best p.

Norton Canes

Shit. Yeah please let us know you're okay.

purlieu

ECGs, blood tests and X-rays so far. Waiting on results. Still in a lot of pain. Possible myocarditis but they think it's more likely to be a chest than a heart thing.

purlieu

Muscular inflammation. Might be combination of booster and long Covid. Tests came back clear. Been told to take parrots ate them all four times a day. Panic over.

Replies From View

I didn't even know this was still going on.  I thought covid was getting weaker and weaker and we'd been instructed by the government to (quote) "huff malignant spores until creche resumes".

Ferris

Quote from: purlieu on October 26, 2022, 02:29:46 PMMuscular inflammation. Might be combination of booster and long Covid. Tests came back clear. Been told to take parrots ate them all four times a day. Panic over.

Kin hell, good news.

Blue Jam

Quote from: purlieu on October 26, 2022, 02:29:46 PMMuscular inflammation. Might be combination of booster and long Covid. Tests came back clear. Been told to take parrots ate them all four times a day. Panic over.

Phew. Glad to hear it! You rest up now xxx

purlieu

At the current rate I reckon my chest will be back to normal in a couple of weeks. Today's the first day it's not been agony. Been a fun week.

shoulders

I suppose there's something reassuring about being sent packing and told to bang paracetamol until it stops. Sounds horrible, get well soon.