Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,470
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WREXHAM THREAD

Started by Blue Jam, August 19, 2020, 08:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Netflix using Wrexham in a promo for Ryan Reynolds' new film:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1460219874261843975

Seeing EmzCakes in a Netflix ad is so odd. Used to eat there all the time.

PowerButchi

Colin the Hat on ITV Wales News.

Love how he says he worked all his life when he refused to pay me when I dJed for him in Big Baggies,and has drank in spoons from 10am all the while for years.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-12-08/there-are-people-left-struggling-in-wales-when-they-shouldnt-be

Porky

Last time I was there the bus station was full of druggies.

Porky

BritishHobo

bgmnts

Newport and Wrexham are cities now. What a time to be alive.  Now Wrexham folk will just have to watch almost everything local and traditional or cultural be ripped down to make way for gaudy shopping centres and trendy shit.

Is this because of Rob and Ryan investing in the club?

BritishHobo

Probably. That or the decision makers looked at the history of attempts and went "fucking hell, just give it to them then".

Feels surreal that it's actually happened. It's not going down well, which feels inevitable. Doesn't seem like there was any appetite for it at all outside of the councillors who pushed for it.

I saw a tweet from someone saying they're gonna pop into the city centre tomorrow for a coffee, which really made me laugh as someone who, if I'm planning to go shopping in Cardiff centre, will say I'm "going into town".

bgmnts

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 20, 2022, 12:29:28 AMFeels surreal that it's actually happened. It's not going down well, which feels inevitable. Doesn't seem like there was any appetite for it at all outside of the councillors who pushed for it.

Presumably just so councillors can get in close with bigger businesses who'll look to invest in a city, fuck knows why anyone wants it really.

Gurke and Hare

Doncaster. Bloody hell.

buttgammon

We did, it, we did it!

Insert Kamala Harris gif

BritishHobo

If we don't get City of Culture after this, something's wrong. How could any contender show more dedication to the title than literally becoming a city mid-process?

PowerButchi

Proud to be from Plas Madoc today. Well done Wrexham! We'll get new signs now. And fuck all else.

Blue Jam

Woo-hoo!

Nah, struggling to get exciting about this. Thanks all the same, Wrob and Wryan.

Twonty Gostelow

Should have given it to Caergwrle, but that obviously wouldn't fit the narrative of the Ryan and Ronnie Robbie documentary that's still filming.

Hope they don't fuck up the play-offs after all of this.

bgmnts

Quote from: WikipediaWrexham (/ˈrɛksəm/ REKS-əm; Welsh: Wrecsam; Welsh pronunciation: [ˈrɛksam]) is a market town and the administrative centre of Wrexham County Borough in Wales.

Someone better get on this.

Does that mean it's now a market city?

Dex Sawash

Leant just then other day, Wrexham has the smallest sailing club in the world. They sail on a farm pond that looks about 200m diameter called The Flash. 65 pound/year dues, I may join 

buttgammon

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 20, 2022, 05:37:55 PMLeant just then other day, Wrexham has the smallest sailing club in the world. They sail on a farm pond that looks about 200m diameter called The Flash. 65 pound/year dues, I may join 

You do that, and go to the pub next door while you're at it - it's really nice!

BritishHobo

That pond will be a Pret by Sunday; it's all over.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on May 20, 2022, 12:22:28 AMNewport and Wrexham are cities now. What a time to be alive.  Now Wrexham folk will just have to watch almost everything local and traditional or cultural be ripped down to make way for gaudy shopping centres and trendy shit.

Is this because of Rob and Ryan investing in the club?

Newport wasn't a city before? What the fuck, it's massive

bgmnts

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 20, 2022, 06:48:51 PMNewport wasn't a city before? What the fuck, it's massive

It was in the early 00s I think.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: buttgammon on May 20, 2022, 06:32:23 PMYou do that, and go to the pub next door while you're at it - it's really nice!

The Pant-your-Ochain? Supposedly translates as the Hollow of Lamentation, a great name for a pub if true (and it probably isn't).
It's been a 'posh' evening out favourite for generations of Wrexhamians - bit like the Trevor Arms.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: buttgammon on May 20, 2022, 06:32:23 PMYou do that, and go to the pub next door while you're at it - it's really nice!

NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO GO THERE, JESUS

SORRY WORK CAPS

buttgammon

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 20, 2022, 07:24:51 PMThe Pant-your-Ochain? Supposedly translates as the Hollow of Lamentation, a great name for a pub if true (and it probably isn't).
It's been a 'posh' evening out favourite for generations of Wrexhamians - bit like the Trevor Arms.

The very pub! Pre-covid, it used to be where I went for Sunday lunch with my family when I was back home.

PowerButchi

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 20, 2022, 07:24:51 PMThe Pant-your-Ochain? Supposedly translates as the Hollow of Lamentation, a great name for a pub if true (and it probably isn't).

Or the Corn Mill in Llan

BritishHobo

Watching my first Wrexham game in about twenty years on S4C. My brother, who is  lifelong fan and not a gloryhunting twat like me, is at the match. Very surreal to see Serena from Gossip Girl wearing a Wrexham AFC scarf.

buttgammon

C'mon the town city!

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: buttgammon on May 22, 2022, 04:24:36 PMC'mon the town city!

Oh.

Maybe they can get Tom Cruise for the play-offs.

PowerButchi

Just back from Wembley. We were fucking dire.

Blue Jam

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 22, 2022, 04:21:55 PMWatching my first Wrexham game in about twenty years on S4C. My brother, who is  lifelong fan and not a gloryhunting twat like me, is at the match. Very surreal to see Serena from Gossip Girl wearing a Wrexham AFC scarf.

Wrexham City AFC now is it?

This needs a rewrite as well: