Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The auntie I don't always agree with.

Started by Glebe, January 23, 2022, 08:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

I'm very fond of my Aunt Bessie and the terrific range of frozen food products she makes, but we always don't see eye-to-eye on everything. She always gives "the dark-skinned one" at the end of her road a funny look, and she is often openly critical of "the gays".

MrsWarboysLover

You young ones love to scoff at the older generation, but there's a lot of wisdom there, even if you all think you're so clever now that you can google the 'answers' to every question

In Bessie's generation, women would be busy about the home - and a very fine job some of them would make of it, too. They knew the importance of having a hot meal ready and waiting for when Father would get back, and they knew how to raise children right (even if it meant the wooden spoon wasn't just for stirring your porridge!) Back then they had all kinds of skills - like knowing how to darn your socks
most young girls today wouldn't know what to do with a darning needle, they'd probably just think it's a selfie stick

Glebe

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on January 23, 2022, 08:51:21 AMmost young girls today wouldn't know what to do with a darning needle, they'd probably just think it's a selfie stick

Exactly - and they probably think a Yorkshire pud is a Chromecast!

Glebe

"I'm afraid my children are allergic to some of the ingredients in y'roasties, Aunt Bessie."

"Are they, now?" *doubtful look*

popcorn

Glebe

Quote from: popcorn on January 25, 2022, 11:59:57 AMI'm Backing Bessie.

"Here here! Let's keep Britain traditional! You know what I'm talking about!"

We certainly do Bessie y'big kitchen racist!