Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'I Wanna Have Your Babies'

Started by Brian Coat, May 15, 2007, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Richard Herring concurs:

Natasha Bedingfield's strange and desperate new song "I wanna have your babies" is everywhere at the moment. She is the kind of pretty, but clearly slightly mental woman that I would usually go for, but I don't think I could even countenance having Daniel Bedingfield as a brother-in-law, so sorry Natash, you can't have my babies. I wouldn't wish an uncle like that on them. Plus there is something slightly unsettling about the closeness of your relationship with him. I have nothing to back that up, other than a creeping feeling under my skin, but you all know what I'm talking about. And you all agree.

Ciarán

Quote from: hoverdonkey on May 20, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

I love Amelie too Ciaran. Beautiful. Natasha Bedingfield though?

I have such a crush on Audrey Tautou, it's ridiculous. I could stare at her all day. But Amelie's a great film in its own right. Anyway, before I swoon...

When "These Words" came out and it was the thing to hate, I was living in Spain, and I think I heard it once while I was there. Luckily, I also "escaped" "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt thereby "blunting" (ho!) the apparent misery-making effects of that record. To me, "These Words" is a catchy, flighty pop song. That it's one of those songs about writer's block doesn't bother me. It's a pop song convention ("Why do I find it hard to write the next line?" - Spandau Ballet, "A million love songs later, here I am trying to tell you that I care..." - Take That, "I will sit right down, waiting for the gift of sound and vision..." - David Bowie, dare I mention Adrian Gurvitz at this point? Maybe I better not...) But you get the gist. It's the done thing. Even W.B. Yeats dabbled in that area. I thought "Single" was alright too. I think this single is a bit of a cash-in on that, actually. It's a bit cynical - "right, we've appealed to a kind of Bridget Jones type once, now let's appeal to that same woman's maternal instincts!"

A girl I was with recently told me she wanted to have babies with me and I nearly shat myself...

Borboski

QuoteI thought the kid looked more like James Harries.

I thought that too - that did get a giggle out of me, otherwise I sat stony-faced, realising that western civilisation lies in ruin.

boki

I had to google James Harris after seeing him mentioned in this and blimey - it really confirms her as a mental if she wants her kid turning out like him/her.

simpletwistof

I think her brother had ADHD or whatever other excuse you make for being a general idiot

boki

That's certainly the one I tend to use.

Lee Van Cleef

At first I thought she was being tongue in cheek and making some kind of point about all these pregnant teenagers.  Then I remembered who it was.

Did anyone have the misfortune to hear the hour-long slot she did as a DJ for Radio one recently?  Every time she opened her mouth she said "Hi! I'm Natasha Beddingfield!" like it was some kind of revelation and we should all be thankful it was her.