Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pop stars and acting

Started by Peking O, May 15, 2007, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peking O

A quick disclaimer: I've never seen Hearts of Fire. But after seeing that trailer, I really want to. I'd especially like to track down an MP3 of the song that just seems to go:

Hair of the dog!
Hair of the dog!
Hair of the dog!

If there's anything that's more-or-less guaranteed to be a disaster, it's when a pop star tries to act. Even those who've had some success have had plenty of failures. So I thought it could be fun to purge You Tube of some of the good/bad moments pop stars have had on the silver screen.

Here's a fairly obvious one to get us started.

Jemble Fred

Unfairly maligned acting musicians:
David Bowie (especially his turn as Pilate)
Sting (He's not the equal of Michael Kitchen in Brimstone & Treacle, but he's good)

Unfairly praised acting musicians:
Ringo Starr (Sorry, but he's bumblingly charming at best)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

For someone with such an apparently tragic life Johnny Cash managed to be pretty damned funny on the Simpsons.

CaledonianGonzo

No YouTube yet (or for a while, I'd imagine) but I look forward to this with a mixture of incredulity, amusement and wary anticipation:

I hope the skull ring makes an appearance in the finished film.

Peking O

This is a slight diversion from the theme, and may prove alarming to some, but Fred Durst's first effort as a director (yes, you did read that right) received surprisingly favourable advance word at the Tribeca Film Festival.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783515/