Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DJs - What's your set-up?

Started by hundred, May 16, 2007, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hundred

Any DJs around here? I'm a (very) amateur bedroom dj, but I like to have good equipment (that's within my price range), but I'm thinking about upgrading a little. At the moment I have a pair of Vestax PDX-2000s, and an Ecler310 mixer, but I'm thinking of getting maybe a loopstation for a bit more creativity or making the big push to get Serato Scratch, but that will take a lot of effort, converting vinyl to mp3 and learning to use the thing. If I opt for a loopstation, this will mean getting a better mixer which will allow me to use it, so I'm looking at maybe an Allen & Heath or (if I save for a bit longer) a Rane TT56, which are the bollocks. I would also like some Technics turntables, as my Vestax feel cheap and horrible.

Anyway, I'd love to hear about anybody's set up or recommendations to spice up the art of playing someone else's music, or just hear what kind type of music people like to play...

glitch

I'm still a bedroom DJ (although I've been "promised" a set at a new clubnight).

I use entirely digital at the moment - laptop, M-Audio Audiophile, DJ X-Session, shitty Numark mixer and a much-loved copy of Ableton Live. Depending on my "success" this summer I might upgrade to a 4-channel mixer and get a CDJ and a proper turntable.