Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:04:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MF DOOM

Started by Regular Chicken, June 04, 2007, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah I heard about this. He's in it for the quiche, better not ask him for no free shit capiche.

Quote from: t_kingpin on August 27, 2007, 11:38:41 PM
Sorry to piss on everyones parrade but MC's are the bane of the music industry, the're fuckin god awfull. I've not listened to any links or clips but fuck me do they ruin the music..*boo* 

Is this meant to be a joke?

Famous Mortimer

Not being your cup of tea is slightly different to them being the bane of the music industry.

This is a weird story, and I like MF DOOM.

alan nagsworth

I fucking love Doom with a passion, but did anyone hear the follow-up EP of The Mouse And The Mask? It was called Occult Hymn (probably because it rhymes with Adult Swim) and fuck me was it awful. No effort on either of the artists' part, lazy performances from Doom, piss-poor tunes from DM... a real shame, and slated as both Doom's and DangerMouse's worst releases rolled into one.

Another bit of trivia, is anyone aware of the rivalry between old friends MF Doom & MF Grimm? Well, not so much a rivalry as a bitter feud never laid to rest. Grimm is always accusing Doom of selling out (see Grimm's song The Book Of Daniel, a 6 minute onslaught of abuse aimed at the masked wonder) saying stuff like "They're brainwashin' ya, man!" Doom also makes sly digs back at Grimm, mocking the group they both used to be a part of, Monsta Island Czars, on the Mouse And The Mask album, saying "Once joinded a rap click: Midgets Into Crunk," (Midgets Into Crunk = M.I.C. = Monsta Island Czars) "Did a solo on the oboe, coulda sold a million, then the Villain went for dolo." Very dry humour, very very Doom. Another such dig at Grimm was on the cover of his Mm.. Food album, where he is eating a bowl of cereal. On closer inspection the cereal pieces are all shaped like the monstas of Monsta Island Czars, and written on his bowl are the words 'The Finest.'

Just a bit o' hip hop trivia for ya. The story behind Doom & Grimm's rise to fame is wicked aswell, when they were starting out, they were MC'ing in the same venues as 2Pac and the like, on their own rise into stardom.