Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:35:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2021 CaB missing posters thread

Started by Gregory Torso, January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Caledonian Gonzo is much missed, but I always feel like I'm calling him out by mentioning that, so I hardly ever do.

mothman

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 03, 2021, 12:10:57 AM
Mothman

Aw, thanks Dex! I never feature in these lists...

I took a year or so off for my mental health.[nb]There's a thriving non-community of semi-ex-CaBers on Twitter I'm also part of. And never forget the value of a unique, consistent avatar - I recognised Ambient by his, the same as on here![/nb] And in returning, I'm largely restricting myself to the TV and film forums as, gosh darn it, I miss discussing stuff I like and this place has such a diverse and insightful range of opinions to offer. I'm steering well clear of politics and will never, ever read or post in General Bull... shit.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Alright, so you've explained yourself, but what about these semi-ex-CaBers on Twitter of whom you speak? What's their excuse?

mothman

Things change. People change. Nothing is permanent. Time is the river that runs through the landscape of eternity. What am I, their mother?

Who was the one who used to put anime pictures in pretty much all his posts?

Dex Sawash

mothman

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 13, 2021, 12:52:29 AM
Who was the one who used to put anime pictures in pretty much all his posts?

Oh yeah, I know who you mean... but can't remember. Sorry, useless response I know.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 13, 2021, 01:36:03 AM
Paedo_bear

Who doesn't seem to exist as a member anymore? Though there is

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=7498

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Pedro_Bear on December 13, 2019, 05:00:48 PM

The chap who directed the latest Terminator flop spoke for well over half an hour trying to find the reason any scifi audience might possibly not enjoy being bashed over the head with his far left politics on screen, before almost - almost, mind, and with mushmouthed backtracking - he almost considered that he didn't have his finger on the pulse of the audience. Luckily the HuffPo slow ball interviewer laughed off such an unlikely, insane explanation, and they went back to blaming rapists and people who don't like brown people. It's one of the more entertaining pieces of media to be published last year, we started crying with laughter at one point, and had to pause the stream.

The 2010s are over! We survived. A new dawn of political neutrality outside of politics itself beckons. The 2020's are going to be beautiful. Peaceful.

Well, for the rest of us, obviously. If you can set a reasonable date to settle on a scapegoat you can join us, maybe... 2024? Hey, why not make it a full other seven years, Christmas 2026, really go for it this time. Make the whole front page of GB far left stickies. You know you want to.

Mr Eggs

I bet his knickers have got bigger.

shiftwork2

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 12, 2021, 05:41:55 PM
Think maybe he's just having a break from the forum? He was slagging off "Bambi" something rotten on Facebook yesterday, he still seems to be doing as well as before.

Ta, literally seven posts above.  I will read the thread next time.

Birdie

I had a bit of a crush on Alcoholic Messiah. It occurs to me now he might have been half my age. 

imitationleather

Pedro Bear was a massive fucking loser.

JesusAndYourBush

mothman

I don't know? I couldn't remember a "paedo_bear" so I looked in the member list, couldn't see them, but spotted a "pedro_bear" instead. Why?

kryton2.0

Quote from: mothman on March 13, 2021, 03:09:54 PM
I don't know? I couldn't remember a "paedo_bear" so I looked in the member list, couldn't see them, but spotted a "pedro_bear" instead. Why?

It was defo Pedro_bear. The name is some kind of variation of a 4chan meme.

Dex Sawash

P_B was a often called paedo_bear  in threads because likes anime=paedo LOL

imitationleather

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 13, 2021, 03:34:30 PM
P_B was a often called paedo_bear  in threads because likes anime=paedo LOL

No it's because the name pedro bear was a reference to the 4chan meme pedobear.

Dex Sawash

mothman

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 13, 2021, 03:40:39 PM
I'm so offline

Hell, I'm fifty. I only pretend to be down with ver kids so as to annoy, embarrass and mortify my teenage daughters.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: mothman on March 13, 2021, 03:09:54 PM

I was making a joke about clicking a (usually rigged) profile link.

madhair60

pedro_bear was great, lovely person, really kind and interesting

mothman

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 13, 2021, 05:25:21 PM
I was making a joke about clicking a (usually rigged) profile link.

Ah, gotcha. And yes I did worry about that, it's the only "profile link" anyone ever posts these days. But let it never be said that Mothy follows the herd!

Famous Mortimer

Pedro was a socko, right? Who pretended to be a teenage girl for a while and fooled a weird number of people.

Janie Jones

Quote from: madhair60 on March 13, 2021, 05:54:38 PM
pedro_bear was great, lovely person, really kind and interesting

Not so 'kind' to young girls, really, was he, old Pedro_Bear? Accompanying every post with an anime picture of a super-stimulus perfect, skinny, doe-eyed little girl, often in school uniform. Just a little heads-up, there, for any woman and girl reading his execrable word salad; this is a nice image, this is a thing to think about. Think about the pretty little girl. I've made you think about the pretty little girl.

kryton2.0

Madhair was Pedro then? Or just trolling?

Retinend

I could never make head nor tails of Pedro's posts (defo not Madhair). Was he politically weird?

imitationleather

I'm just bitter because Cack Hen started aping Pedro Bear's style and as a result stopped being a good poster.

The Mollusk

Haha yeah same. I miss the Cack Hen who scooped a massive turd out of the toilet to weigh it in tin foil. One of my fave CaB moments, that.